Back to back labour/delivery

I had a back to back labour with my first and ended up failing to progress further than 8cm and had an emergency C-section. x

I had my baby yesterday after a 30 hour back to back labour, absolutely horrendous pain had a mobile epidural for last 4 hours and she was delivered by ventouse in the delivery room, didn't have to go to theatre though.

Forceps! She was turned with the forceps as she was stuck too

Ruby..congrats!! What a long labour!
Mine was 25 hours in all x

DD was back to back ....gas and air..epidural and hormone drip failed to progress then had emergency csection xx

back to back here. 23 hours from first contraction to birth, 9cm at 9pm delivered at 3.38am. baby was back to back and 10lb 14oz and i only had an episiotomy, gas and air and diamorph at the last min. no assistance necessary and it was only painful when i was forced to lie on my back for monitoring

Back to back without assistance. Under 6hrs from 3cm. Only 20mins pushing.had g&a and Pethedine x

Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

my daughter was back to back - and all my contractions felt so painful in my back i could hardly walk or move...MW suggested getting in the water pool to ease the pains - so did - and after an hour of floating about - she turned :) so she was born in the water :)

My lo was back to back to start with. This resulted in me pushing uncontrollably when I was only 3 cms. He did turn but as i had been pushing before i should have, his head was swollen. This and other factors resulted in a ventous delivery with a scond degree tear.

XX

E was back to back to start with as pain in my back was horrible and i had heat packs and to be honest once the diamorphine kicked in I dont know if she was delivered back to back but from what I saw the doctor seemed to turn her just before she came out - that was afer an episiotomy (i was determined they werent cutting me but didny even realise they had done it ) xx

My first was back to back, absolute killer! Did my entire labour stood up.
Contractions started at 12.30am and she was born the next day by ventouse at 14.14pm, no pain relief either!
Had a 3rd degree tear resulting in physio but hasn't put me off as 12 weeks today with baby number 2!! xxx

I had a back to back labour.

48 hours from first contraction to baby being born.

She was turned in theatre with mid cavity rotational forceps after pushing for an hour with no joy.

Then she got stuck after her head was delivered, a mcroberts procedure was performed and I was left with a baby with a damaged arm and 9 months of physio.

My first Son was back to back an it wasn't picked up until I'd been labouring or well over 24hrs! They scanned him and found out. He managed to turn himself into almost the right position but after 42hrs we'd both had nough so I had an episiotomy and forceps delivery.

My 2nd labour was 3hr 38mins fom induction with no pain relief whatsoever. He wasn't back to back x

I had a back to back. 52 hour labour, 2 failed ventouse, forceps, episiotomy, followed by 3rd degree tear, and a 20 min op after to stitch up the hole they made inside with the forceps. Not to mention the 6 months of physio that followed.

Reading about how many other people have had similar experiences, you would think they would at least warn people before labour begins (if they know its a back to back).

I shouldnt of read these!! :shock:
Mines currently still back to back, he wont budge! I was hoping for a nice waterbirth with gas and air....
Think im guna need alot more that that tho from ur stories!!! X

Mines currently still back to back, he wont budge! I was hoping for a nice waterbirth with gas and air....

Dont worry too much, the with the majority of labours that start back to back the baby turns before it is born. It might make early labour a little slower for you but chances are your little fellow will come out the right way around. Positions like being on hands and knees during labour can help take the pressure off your back and give baby room to turn.

Baby still has plenty time to turn :) just get bouncing on a birthing ball and on all fours, these all encourage baby to move x

Labour itself normally encourages baby to turn, which is why MW's aren't too fussed if bub is B2B leading up to the birth.

xxxxx

Last edited:
Yeaah thry explained this to me. Im not hugely bothered i know its guna hurt like hell! I just wanted as little pain relief as poss but we shall see!! Lolol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back