Back to back labour/delivery

Babyslog,

I only had gas and air when I was in labour with my son. Only pain was when I was lying on my back, so I laboured either on all 4's or standing. And walked around as much as I could. The fact that he was also 9lb3 could have contributed to my problems too. :)

Honestly hun just take it as it comes. I had zero pain relief as I didn't get to hospital until it was time to push.

Like toria I was either on all fours or leaning over the bed

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Babyslog - is baby fully engaged? I was told on Thursday at 40 week app that mine is back to back and I will go way overdue as head prob won't engage fully being back to back...

I'm suffering terrible backache that comes and goes I spasms, generally in line with baby's movements. I can't sleep due to the pain as I can't lie down or sit back :-(

Hes got 2/5th left to go. That was at my 38wk app on thurs just gone..
Hes measuring massive aswell on his growth scans so i have no idea when hes guna turn up, weigh or hurt me haha!

God i hooope hes not late!! My PGP is killing so much! Cant cope much longer with my pelvis and back :( xx

Last edited:
I have nothing to compare it to so ill take it as it is.. Hope for the best lol.. I would love and be very proud if i managed my waterbirth and gas and air!!

Thanks girlys xx

Hes got 2/5th left to go. That was at my 38wk app on thurs just gone..
Hes measuring massive aswell on his growth scans so i have no idea when hes guna turn up, weigh or hurt me haha!

God i hooope hes not late!! My PGP is killing so much! Cant cope much longer with my pelvis and back :( xx

Hopefully not, I think my mw likes to scare me... She also said if still back to back in labour to get an epidural straight away!! Not really part of my birth plan... Grrr. Been spending an awful lot of time on all fours but I can't swing the little monkey round!

Aww god she shouldnt be saying that to u!!!.. Thats not in my ideal birth plan either.

Lets hope we an get these babas out eithout one ay!! Xx

You will get them out...it fecking hurts but it's worth it. Just keep an open mind and bit of advice, don't bother with a birth plan...lol x

Nah i havent. Ive just put who my birthing partners are, how i want vit k given to noah, possible waterbirth and gas and air and possible delayed core clamping.
Just to give them a lil idea on what id ideally like lmao!

I no it probs wont end up like this!

Knowing my luck ill ne sat with a drip getting bloody induced!
Ive got a feeling hes guna keep me waiting lolol xx

If LO is still back to back I'd avoid being induced for as long as possible because it makes it harder for them to turn but the midwife doesnt really know what she is talking about. Most of the time doctors, MWs at the delivery don't even know if the baby started out back to back.

Aww god she shouldnt be saying that to u!!!.. Thats not in my ideal birth plan either.

Lets hope we an get these babas out eithout one ay!! Xx

And soon please! I'm going crazy and I'm only 3 days over - if I was induced I still have another 9 days to go!! I'm more concerned about the 9 nights with minimal sleep due to back pain.

Still trying the whole hands and knees thing to try and turn baby but no luck so far!

Ive been gettig painful BHs for te last few hrs. Not grtting any closer lr stronger so not thinking to much into but they hurt my back :(

seriously the only thing i found worse about back to back was that it hurt to lay on the bed, if you keep walking round til last minute its totally possible to avoid most drugs, i got to 9cm on cocodamol and did most of labour on just gas and air with my large back to back baby girl so you ladies can do it too

seriously the only thing i found worse about back to back was that it hurt to lay on the bed, if you keep walking round til last minute its totally possible to avoid most drugs, i got to 9cm on cocodamol and did most of labour on just gas and air with my large back to back baby girl so you ladies can do it too

Thanks hun!
I find its quite painful to lay on my back already so i doubt i can with contractions!

Im hoping for a waterbirth anyway so will be on all 4s or leaning xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back