Where does your baby sleep?

Daggers said:
Hi Lucybee, this is Daggers other half. I've just heard that the World Health Organisation has revised it's recommendation that you should keep Tom in your room until he is at least 11 years old, making sure he has the Sky Plus remote and a good supply of breast milk :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Zac is in Moses Basket and filling it well already!

He will go into a cot in our room next, then we will put him into his own room a bit later down the line, any one else do it like this??

Jaidy said:
Zac is in Moses Basket and filling it well already!

He will go into a cot in our room next, then we will put him into his own room a bit later down the line, any one else do it like this??

We started putting the moses basket in the cot in our room, then he went into the cot in our room before finally going into his own in his cot. Bit of a step by step move but it worked really well for us.

We had Ruby in with us in her moses basket for the first few nights, but OH couldnt sleep with her snuffling and moving about (I sleep like a log and only wake when she bawls!!!)..so she went into her nursery and has settled so well in there. She goes down after her 6pm feed & bath, we do her 11pm & 4am feeds in there and she stays there till 7am when I bring her in with me for feed & cuddles (and a nap if we dont have to get up for anything :lol:

We have a tv monitor which lets us see her, there is a night vision camera thingie in the nursery so its great for keeping an eye on her during the evening/night time..

I must admit I had mixed feelings about her going into nursery so early, but its worked great and I am sure we are all getting a better sleep, Ruby included xxx

Jake sleeps in a moses basket at the end of our bed. We will probably put him in his nursery when he is about 5 months when I go back to work. I think I will be a bit nervous when the time comes.

So how did you all make the transition> Do you literally just put baby in the nursery? Logan is not sleeping through this night yet, he has been sleeping in a moses basket next to me. although he is now getting too big for it and there is no room for a cot in our room so we are going to have to put him in his own room soon.

How do I go about doing this?

Lynsey at 6 weeks I just put Leorah down in her cot in her nursery instead of my bed. I was prepared to have to settle her many times during the night but she just woke once for a feed and went straight back in the cot again. I was so surprised and relieved. Such young babies are very adaptable, I am sure it will bother you more than your LO :)

Thea slept in her moses basket next to our bed until a few weeks ago. Now she is in her big cot but its still in our room. Its a big bedroom though. She sleeps through until 7.30 every morning so it cant be disturbing her sleeping with us. She used to go to sleep really late but now she has a last feed at around 8pm and is straight in bed after that.

If you are a bit concerned about putting your LO's into their large cots then you could look into getting one of these cot dividers...

http://www.2became4.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=3

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cot-divider-NO-BOX- ... dZViewItem

I have the second one and I'm still using it for Otis! Will probably have to re adjust it or remove it soon and he keeps growing - the little bugger :lol: !
I to moved Otis into his own room and in his cot by around 4wks as he just didn't seem to settle in the moses basket, he kept waking up because of the creeking noises when ever he would lunge out :roll: .

Rubys moses basket is inside her cot, as she is still so tiny...once she gets too big for it, she will go into cot xxxx

budge said:
all my babies have slept in the same room as me in a moses basket next to the bed. I must admit that most of the time they are in bed with me though coz we both like it that way.
As soon as they outgrow their moses basket they go straight into their own room though.
quote]

Just how it is for me and Olivia :D

Lyndsey said:
So how did you all make the transition> Do you literally just put baby in the nursery? Logan is not sleeping through this night yet, he has been sleeping in a moses basket next to me. although he is now getting too big for it and there is no room for a cot in our room so we are going to have to put him in his own room soon.

How do I go about doing this?

I think its just a case of sup it and see. It will be harder on you than on him but I see it as like taking a plaster off, do it in one clean sweep rather than in dribs and drabs. Bet you'll be amazed at how well he takes to it :D

mark went in his own room at 3 months. the first night i was worried sick but the little fella loves his cot and sleeps so much better now than he did when he was in with us. we use a monitor so w can still hear him but i find it much better for both of you.

jamies in his big cot now with the mattress on the lowest level cos he keeps pullin himself up on the bars and was prob gonna fall out of it one day lol

he will go sleep in his own bed about 11ish after his feed then sleep til about 4/5 then come in our bed til we get up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back