Baby Hamper for pregnant friend

tinkerbell86

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently making a hamper for my friend as i dont think realises how much you need for a baby (she has only bought 3 packs of size 1 nappies and a few baby products) and doesnt want to go out for a while after birth so thought this would be a nice backup should she run out!!

but i cant think if i have missed anything:

Pack of 27 Nappies
Wipes
Cotton Wool
sudocrem
disposable changing mats
nappy bags
talc
baby oil
baby bath
baby bedtime bath
top-to-toe bath
baby lotion
baby shampoo
infacol
teething gel
sponges
baby washcloths
teething toy
baby brush/ comb

i'm going to get some cotton buds but can anyone think of anything they find useful that i have missed off?

I've just gone through my hamper I got given and you've got everything I've got!
That's such a lovely idea hun!

i got given one too (although smaller than what i'm doing) full of johnsons products and i now have a backup which is great! I just dont want her panicking if she runs out of something in the early days as she lives about 40mins from me and the rest of her family!

Something nice for mama? Maybe a good book or a relaxing bath set? Chocolate! x

This is it so far - yes i forgot i also have some Mummy mitts and matching Bubba mitts for her too!!!

Attachments

• IMG00320-20110208-1049.jpg
    IMG00320-20110208-1049.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00321-20110208-1051.jpg
    IMG00321-20110208-1051.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG00319-20110208-1048.jpg
    IMG00319-20110208-1048.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Oh wow, your friend is very lucky to have you. It's such a lovely idea & the hamper looks fab :flower:

xxx

such a lovely idea, how kind of you. Yep agree with the something nice for mummy idea, so lovely when a few friends bought me pressies after the birth and not just for LO. Is she going to bf? Cos lasinoh nipple cream is a must have.

Extra scratch mits? we are/were always losing ours!

Wow that looks like an amazing hamper, what a brill friend you are. I think you have pretty much everything covered. I'm going to keep your list so I can do something similar for my friend who's just found out she's pregnant when baby comes.
xxx

Lovely idea Hun! one of my friends gave me one and she put a set of smellys and a bar of chocolate in for me xx

I'm also going to attempt a bouquet of washcloths, burp cloths, muslins, socks and vests for her too! She organised my surprise baby shower at her house for me so I want to thank her!

im doin this for a friend that is due soon but cant find the basket?, i dont wanna give the one i got when noa was due

Ebay had some nice ones as do wilko - I got mine from a local shop in town as I know her nurserys cream I wanted a matching basket!

i could do with a friend like you haha

i think its a lovely idea and your friend is lucky to have you xx

Wow, want to be my friend? :p
That sounds fantastic, like the others said, maybe just something nice for mummy :)

This is such a lovely idea I wish I knew someone who was pregnant so I could do one!! :)

Aww that's lovely! Asda do stretchmark cream and nipple cream 2 for £2, might be helpful x

She's not made her mind up about bf but she has bottles and a tin of milk just incase!I was with her when she bought maternity pads, breast pads and nightshirts!

I have got her some mummy mitts but I love the idea of chocolate! I might also get her a notebook so she can write down a diary for baby which she can read when its older!

Aww yeah that's lovely! A roll on deodorant! I didn't want LO choked with the aerosols, and the smell is quite strong from them and I wanted his to know his mummys smell.. x

Moist toilet tissue, Andrex do it, makes it a little easier down there when wiping x

This is the beginning of my baby bouquet to accompany the hamper!!

I will definately look into getting some bits for my friend to go with her mummy mitts!!

Attachments

• IMG00324-20110209-1342.jpg
    IMG00324-20110209-1342.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG00325-20110209-1342.jpg
    IMG00325-20110209-1342.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics