Baby Dressing Etiquette

AmyQ

Reaction score
Up until when is it appropriate for babies to be dressed in babygros in the daytime?

I hate getting trousers on Evan. He has been in rompers or just nappies in the hot weather but it's cooler today so have put him back into a babygro (a 0-3 month so I can get the most wear out of them before he's completely in 3-6 months).

Is a babygro during the day considered the same as going out in your pjs or is it perfectly acceptable?!

Thanks ladies :lol:

My lo one is 4.5 months and he's in a baby gro today. I think it's up to you. I think they look so cute in baby grows and it's not like they can wear them for long!

My baby has never worn proper clothes. Just a romper, vest or nappy. I live in the tropics though, so barely dressed, comfy babies are the nirm

They are only babies, i love sleepsuits on them!
I might have to go and get 6-9 months ones as my eldest skipped that but for Mark most 3-6 is too small already. Next or Mothercare?
Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I still put sleepsuits on Jackson during the day if its muggy and we are staying indoors.

He is 6m old.

I don't think there's a certain age now that even adults r wearing onsies LOL

xxxxx

Alex is almost a year old and he still wears a babygro during the day occasionally - normally if he has to go to the doctors for anything, or if we go to baby clinic to get him weighed because it's easier than getting layers of clothing off and back on again :roll: He'll be wearing one when we go to get his 12 month jabs! He also continued to wear one quite often during the cold spring (when he was approx. 6 - 9 months) we had because he wouldn't keep socks on so it was the only way to keep his toes covered up!

I guess when we were going out to see people or do something in particular then I probably made more of an effort to dress him up just because I wanted to show off all his lovely clothes, but if he was just in his buggy for a trip to the shops then it didn't bother me what he was wearing.

I've only really ever dressed JJ in proper clothes when we have gone out for dinner or to a friends. He is usually in a sleepsuit or vest suit and shorts if its very warm.

They look too cute in sleepsuits :) xx

Last edited:
If we're not going anywhere the boys will have a pj day (mainly to save on washing and ironing building up lol) and Harry will stay in his babygro but if we're going somewhere or someone is coming to visit then they get dressed into outfits. I consider a babygro to be pj's and it looks like i'm the minority lol. I always dress the boys comfortably but they do wear 'clothes' more often than not x

my lo gets dressed in whatever's comfy, she hasn't been 'dressed' in over a week as its still too hot here so she's in vests/romper during the day and vest/sleep suit at night, a couple of days she's stayed in just a nappy all day! when it's not this boiling I do put proper clothes on her during the day but I don't see anything wrong in baby grows they're so cute!

I just love how they look in sleepsuits plus these days there are colourful ones. And taking off trousers for a nappy change is a faff.
My eldest still doesnt wear jeans as they are just not comfy for him. Soft cotton trousers all the way!

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Have to admit I have only used baby grows at night! Since she was 1 day old she has been dressed for day after 1st nappy change. She has rompers for nice weather but they are cute daytime ones

She has that many gorgeous clothes it seems a shame for her not to wear them!

Dont think I could ever take her out shopping wearing a sleepsuit! X

I couldn't take J out in a sleepsuit either. I think theyr cute & that but too bedtime looking.

Its only if we have a day in. Like today he wore his onsie and even now we are only goin to the dentist and back he's been all dressed in a little cotton outfit.

xxxxx

I love madam in baby gro's, she has day and night ones lol we have some really pretty day ones from next I might have to get some in 3-6 months.

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

We have always used baby-gros for daytime, but sleepsuits for bed (there isn't a difference really - although some Next sleepsuits I have used as day wear as they don't look like sleep wear??)

I put James is a baby-gro today (first time in about a month as it's been warm!)

I only have sleepsuits that look like PJ's in the next size up so he'll still wear them to bed but it will be proper clothes for him once he out grows this lot of baby stuff

xxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks all, I'm loving the summer rompers and babygros make nappy changes so much easier. He does have some cotton trousers, shorts and a pair of jeans if we're going somewhere nice. I want to keep him looking like a baby as long as possible lol!

We uses white at night in the early days for bedtime and colourful ones in the day.
I did out Madison in clothes but these were mainly soft dungarees with a best underneath. I've only just put her in denim.
I was conscious to not put her in too grown up clothes.
I think a bodysuit is fine for daytime still now x

well jack is still in rompers because not a lot of clothes that i have for him fit him yet. and he is still in his 0-1 month rompers! he is still small for his age considering he is 4 1/2 months old!!! i do have some clothes for him that are 0-3 months but they literally just hang off of him. trousers, t-shirts and dungaree style outfit just swamp him. tried one on again today and he looked ridiculous in it! at least im getting good use out of all his clothes!! i have some short sleeve and leg rompers for him with collars and he always looks adorable in these. but again they r 0-1 month size from H&M. dont think im gonna have to buy him any clothes for a year or two!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back