Baby Dressing Etiquette

If I see a baby above about 6 months in a sleepsuit during the day, I assume either they're ready for bed or mum hasn't bothered to get them dressed. I don't judge either option LOL

I think before about 6 months Lewis wore little other than sleepsuits it was only when he was mobile I bought trousers and tops.

I've always dressed B in clothes during the day from a very early age but I think its entirely up to you as it depends how many nappy changes you have to do as trousers can be a faff!

If I see a baby above about 6 months in a sleepsuit during the day, I assume either they're ready for bed or mum hasn't bothered to get them dressed. I don't judge either option LOL

I think before about 6 months Lewis wore little other than sleepsuits it was only when he was mobile I bought trousers and tops.

LOL this made me laugh.

Jackson is 6m and if he does wear a sleepsuit in the day (indoors) its only because I myself is in pjs basically I cba lol :p

Tbh tho I don't even think he's been in a babygro during the day for about a week now as he's always on his bare feet so he doesn't slip on the laminate xxxxx

Last edited:
I love sleep suits, they're so cute. I haven't been able to use some of my favourites in this hot weather so I've put her in rompers, vests and dresses.
Sleep suits are so handy and comfy though so if its a dreary day, I put her in one!

Since J was about 4 weeks old we've dressed her in clothes during the day. There are so many pretty clothes out there I just have to have her dressed and looking cute as ever.

Greg was dressed in whatever was easy until now.....im a bit funny and greg is almost 7 months old but hate sweing him in jeans...I love the cotton trousers etc because they seem so much more comfortable...x at home unless its cold hes in a nappy and a t shirt x

I tend to dress my LO in clothes for the day and use babygrows as jammies. In the early days, he tended to be in his jammies all the time. We were bought a lot of jeans for our son, but I don't like them, they look so uncomfy and I wouldn't want to have a nap in bed in the day in my jeans! I tend to put him in joggers and a t-shirt or cotton top, so he's still comfy. In the heat he's generally just been in a vest in the house and if we go out I'll throw some shorts/joggers on him. But with it being so changeable, I keep a spare outfits worth of socks, trackies, top and cardigan in his change bag for trips out.

I tend to dress my LO in clothes for the day and use babygrows as jammies. In the early days, he tended to be in his jammies all the time. We were bought a lot of jeans for our son, but I don't like them, they look so uncomfy and I wouldn't want to have a nap in bed in the day in my jeans! I tend to put him in joggers and a t-shirt or cotton top, so he's still comfy. In the heat he's generally just been in a vest in the house and if we go out I'll throw some shorts/joggers on him. But with it being so changeable, I keep a spare outfits worth of socks, trackies, top and cardigan in his change bag for trips out.

Exactly the same and hes almost 7 months x

I don't even wear jeans because they are uncomfy, the first thing I do when I come in the house is change into my own comfs, yoga pants or something cool and comfy rather than outside clothes.

Jackson has cotton jeans theyr soft but look like jeans, so cute.

xxxxx

I prefer E in a baby grow but got bought a lot of proper clothes for her from 3-6 up and it would've been a waste not to use them! She's 9 months now and mostly only sleeps in them unless I just feel like dressing her in one randomly :)

I class anything with feetie-bits as PJs. Even then, most of Cays sleepwear is top-and-trouser sets.
His day-wear is all tops, trousers, vests etc.

I rarely put him in a onesie of either kind, 'cause he looks super-cute in trousers an stuff, but we do still have our lazy-days ;)

Xx

I dressed my LO in babygros during the day for ages. I think until she was about 8 or 9 months old. She was a tiny baby, which was unexpected, so we were given clothes by people that were all too big! We did have a few outfits that I'd put her in when we went out, but yep, mostly babygros. They're easy - I didn't want to be fussing about with teeny weeny tights and dresses when she was 3lb 11oz!!! Most of even the tiny baby stuff didn't fit properly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back