Where does LO sleep during the day?

jennifer1981

Reaction score
As the title asks really!

Just that dylan outgrew his moses basket really quickly and since he was 8 weeks old he now cat knaps during the day on the couch (on my fluffy dressing gown..... dont ask...... he just wont sleep on nothing else!) He only ever sleeps for 15 mins every 3 hours or so.

He is fine of a night.... sleeps in his own cot (next to our bed - AGAIN.... with the fluffy dressing gown down!)

Just wondered where your LO's sleep in the daytime?

When Ella was your LO's age, she slept on her tummy on the couch. But now she's bigger she goes in her cot during the day to sleep in her own room, she's done that since about 4 months old. She will go in straight after her lunch, then sleep for a few hours :)

He probably likes your dressing gown because it smells of Mummy! If you want to have your dressing gown back you could try sleeping with a blanket or muslin square, then letting LO sleep with that hehe.

In my arms sucking my boob for comfort!... just like he is now :D

she sleeps in her chair which reclines right back, when she is too big she will probably sleep on the sofa

When she was tiny she would sleep on me or OH.
Then i got her napping on my bed which she did up until recently when i moved her to her own cot in her own room. So now she naps in her cot.

My bloody arms, I ache continuously from the dead weight.

She rarely sleeps in the day!!! If she does she's another boob sucker!

Im terrible.

He sleeps in his cot, in his room. Has done since about 12 weeks old. Before then I had a moses basket downstairs, and a crib in our room.

CoreysMummy said:
Im terrible.

He sleeps in his cot, in his room. Has done since about 12 weeks old. Before then I had a moses basket downstairs, and a crib in our room.

Why are you terrible hun?

Talia likes being bounced to sleep in her bouncer or rocked to sleep in my arms.

theo sleeps in his cot, he actually wont sleep anywhere else which is good really.(most the time) he has started wiggling and gets upset to be held when he is really tired, he just wants his bed! he goes in and takes himself of to sleep!

charlie84 said:
CoreysMummy said:
Im terrible.

Because everyone else seems to let their LO sleep near them, where as I pack mine off upstairs out of the way to sleep!! :lol: Thing is now, like Tink, he dosent/wont really sleep anywhere except in his cot.

CoreysMummy said:
charlie84 said:
CoreysMummy said:
Im terrible.

Because everyone else seems to let their LO sleep near them, where as I pack mine off upstairs out of the way to sleep!! :lol: Thing is now, like Tink, he dosent/wont really sleep anywhere except in his cot.

Nah dont feel bad i pack Calleigh off to her room now and before that i put her in my room. She would just wake up if i had her in the living room :roll: and i would have one grumpy baby on my hands :lol:

The only time she sleeps by/on me now is if we are at someone elses house and i settle her to sleep on my lap. Oh i do bring her into my bed of a morn if she wakes stupidly early but then i have her at arms length as she likes to poke me in the face quite alot :lol:

Generally in her bouncy chair but she will sleep on the sofa, on the floor, on the bed, in the crib or in someones arms!

CoreysMummy said:
charlie84 said:
CoreysMummy said:
Im terrible.

God if Angel would sleep in the day, and let me lay her down, i'd stick her in the cot to give me a few minutes peace. But her sleeping is very rare!!! I'm knackered by 9pm.

CoreysMummy said:
charlie84 said:
CoreysMummy said:
Im terrible.

I put finlay in his cot upstairs, travel cot downstairs or on our bed surrounded by pillows. Am I hell rocking him to sleep :lol: He's the biggest fidget ever!

Its not bad to put them in thier cot, they know its sleepy time then.

Finlay's idea of sleeping is 10 minutes tops :lol:

My LO now sleeps anywhere I put her to sleep during the day (e.g. on a blanket on a floor, sling) - or if I haven't realised to put her to sleep she falls asleep whatever she is doing (in my arms or like today in a highchair in the middle of her tea! :sleep: ). She is always near me though so that when she wakes up she can see me smiling at her.

When she was the same as your LO she used to have her naps in her pram because she wasn't able to fall asleep just everywhere. When she was tiny she slept on my shoulder or chest most of the time.

When Maia was about 6 weeks old I started putting her down in her basket in our bedroom for naps, with the curtains closed, when she got used to that I started to put her into her cot in her own room to get her used to her bedroom. I often put the radio on as well for some background noise, I think babies prefer it when there's a bit of noise rather than when its very quiet in the house. She will now sleep almost anywhere for a nap.

Izzie always slept downstair in her moses basket until she out grew it at 12 weeks, so then she started sleeping in her swing thingy...
41h37g68bxlss500cy2.jpg

Then it just stopped working :( Think we over used it tbh, :lol: She LOVED that swing. She'd sleep in that for about 3 hours through the day, but it had to be swinging or she woke up. Cost me a fortune in bloody batteries. Sorry, im ranting...

So anyway now she sleeps in her cot in the day. It was abit of a struggle after she got used to the swing. Shes cry and would only go down for about 15 minutes, but now she's well used to it and sleeps in her cot for an hour in themorning (actually sometimes more, she's been up there for an hour and a half so far :D)

My little angel is 3months and will only sleep either on me after breastfeeding or in her pram on the move, sometimes I can get her to sleep singing and rocking in my arms but that ones not a guarantee!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back