Baby Clothes

MelC2011

Reaction score
Question ... are you guys buying vests to go under baby gros / sleep suits?

I haven't brought any yet as wasn't sure seeing as I'm having a summer baby.

To be fair I haven't actually seen any, so where do I get them from?

First time Mum needs help!! xx

I'm first times and I thought they wore a vest under everything. Iv got quite a few and I will be using them, my baby due in June. You can get them absolutely everywhere all super markets, baby shops ect. I just got mine in tesco and sainsburys.

Thanks will have another look.
Silly question - are they vests as it t-shirt type or short sleeve bodysuits? xx

My Lo was born at the end of May and we used vests more than anything. They are great for keeping nappies secure. In the summer if it is hot you can just put them in a nappy and sleeveless or short sleeved vest for bed or about the house during the day.

You'll want some plain ones to go under light coloured clothes but you can also get nice patterned ones which is great if they are laying about in them. We also used to leave him in is vest and just put some thin shorts on top when we were going out. You could do the same with a skirt or thin dress for a girl. X

Thank you your a star:)
Think I got confused as shops call them bodysuits but everyone keeps saying vests, so wasn't sure if they were different xx

I still can't tell the difference between a sleepsuit and a bodysuit lol

I had Lucie in July and vests were a godsend, they are good for keeping leaking nappies at bay, good when it's warm as you can just strip them down to a vest. Lucie had a couple of dresses that came with vests that went underneath. I bought them in every size, colour and sleeve type X

I have mostly short sleeved vests (with poppers so they fasten at the crotch lol)

I'm hoping it will be hot/sunny (July) so will have the baby in just a vest and nappy most of the time.

I have only got 8 babygrows (sleepsuits), and then about 8 or 9 rompers and cotton dungarees. They are in 0-3 though so should last well into autumn (most of them are sized big).

I had a winter one but Id still use a vest.

Jacksons 3 and he stillg ets a vest, obv a big boy one though.

Asda is good for theyr packs. Vests will be esp good in the summer to leave baby in with a light blanket.

xxxx

midwife friends have all said that its better for baby to be slightly cold then over heat so although they like to be snug you need to be more mindful of sleep suits and room temperature in summer.

If we get a hot summer I don't think i'll do vests under long sleeve jump suits ect..

Hey!

I am planning on having short sleeved vests and baby grows for when my LO is tiny! I think even in the warm weather they will need maybe 2 layers of clothes.

Also of course you can get like footless baby grows and cute two piece outfits suitable for summer, all nice and lightweight. I think I will buy 6 vests and about 6 babygrows and a few little outfits in newborn, then I will get the same sort of thing again in 0-3 then for 3-6 I will start preparing for the winter month clothes. I bought loads of sizes ahead with my last one and it really really helped me to be honest, didn't have to worry about clothes til she was over 1!

xx

I had dd August 14 and it was so hot she was just in vests for about a month. Really depends on weather think I started layering vests under grows when it got to late September and weather had cooled downx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back