What I have for baby

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Copying Lilmoomin!

These are the clothes we have already, any tips on what else we should get?

What Baby Stuff We have
Newborn
3 x white sleep suits
1 x coming home sleep suit
1x 4 piece set (big sleep suit hat and vest)
1 x rhomper
3 x vests
0-3 Months
3 pack of mamas and papas sleep suits
1 x nice ‘visiting people’ sleep suit
2 x sleep suits
5 x short sleeve vests
7 x long sleeve vests
Dungarees
4 x rhompers
1 x cardigan
2 x shorts
2 x coats
3-6 Months
1 x trousers
1 x jeans
3 x tops
1 x cardigan
1 x 3 piece set
6-9 Months
3xsleep suit pack
1 x Ralph Lauren Shirt
1 x Ralph Lauren Polo
1 x Ralph Lauren Shorts
9-12 Months
1x shirt
1 x trousers
1 x hat
1 x trilby
Accessories
5 x scratch mits
7 x newborn socks
5 x 0 socks
2 x one size socks
3 x big blankets
1 x moses basket blanket
2 x fitted moses basket sheets
2 x non fitted moses basket sheets
1 x sleeping bag
1 x booties
3 x bibs
16 x muslins

I am planning on getting 1 pack of 3 sleep suits and 7 vests in newborn size.

Omg hun!! I have literally got about a 5th of what you have! I'm worried now!! It's cos my OH holds the purse strings and he is one of these men that think there's plenty of time!! I've got alot of the big stuff tho like furniture and travel system etc but just very few clothes. Be interested to see what else people think you need. I am going to show OH your list :)

LOL well out of this stuff I have brought 6 sleep suits a rhomper a cardigan his snow suit the pack of 7 vests and his sleeping bag the rest is OH's mum lol!

omg i am so behind. but everyones telling me to wait. having my baby shower halloween weekend. so might go crazy after that depending what i get. plus my cus is moving to australia so getting her cotbed moses basket and god knows what else from her. feel like i need to get more though. oh is like we got plenty of time plus i think he feels were gonna save shiteloads but i love shopping esp for other people and esp is other people is my son hehe x

great minds think alike! whats the difference between a romper suit and a sleep suit? xx

Rompers have the feet cut out Like blue stripy one bottom left

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315600674.075657.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315600674.075657.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 9
I don't think they are hugely practical being winter when he comes. I brought 1 the rest are my MIL. I think I'll use them at home but not out the house he'll get cold!

I'd defo stock up on some more vests and sleepsuits. With my little boy i the first 9 months or so, I was sometimes having to change his vests and sleepsuits 2-3 times a day. The reason for this is because no matter how good nappies are, if baby has runny poos (which they do have for the first few months with only being on milk), sometimes, it seeps out of the sides and all over their clothes. I had this problem a few times with Thomas and was changing him completely at like 3am.

I have sorted through al of Thomas' old stuff today to see if we need anything for baby and we probably won't need much at all for the first few months but this is roughly what I have got:

Newborn and Up to 3 months:

20 vests
12 sleepsuits
2 sets of pyjamas
6 cardigans
8 jumpers
20 bibs
6 pairs of trousers
2 coats
2 all in one coats (with the booties and mits attached)
4 hats
6 pairs of scratch mits
6 pairs soft socks
3 pais little soft booties

3-6 months:

15 vests
12 sleepsuits
4 pairs pyjamas
6 t shirts
6 pairs trousers
4 cardigans
4 jumpers

and then just loads of other stuff for 6 months plus too.

Just a rough guide but i'd defo get more vests and sleepsuits. You may find you get through 3 vests in one day.

xx

Ps, Plus I might be buying a few more cos all of the figures aboce are AFTER i've thrown about 14 vests, 8 sleepsuits and several other items of clothing out (for newborn up to 6 months) because they were a bit tatty. x

Last edited:
Christ I thought i was great gettin d travel systme, i dont even have so much as a bib for d baby yet LOL it looks soooo much when ya put it that way

I have a couple of bin bags full of clothes, all freecycled or given to us for free. I got so much free boys stuff that this is unisex stuff that will work for a girl. I just have to get a couple o nice outfits/over dresses so she looks like a girl lol! (much nicer to spend your money on things like that, than loads of sleepsuits of which you can get second hand for nothing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back