Aqua fit

Sparklegirl

Reaction score
Evening ladies

I am going to start aqua fit classes to try and improve my fitness and lose weight so when I am pregnant I will be healthier. However being in my 2WW I cant guarantee I am not already pregnant so my question is, how safe is it to do aqua fit when pregnant? I cant swim so wont be going in the deep end, too scary!

I would have thought it would be ok. There are arguments to suggest being fitter and improving core strength before pregnancy is important but I would not over do it. Im trying to avoid high intensity sports like spin class in the first week of my TWW. I can join you now in TWW as FF has agreed I'm 3DPo :)

Id say aqua fit is ok, thats quite chill compared to some of the ones I did in my 2ww. I did high intensity cardio but cant now.

Aquafit is mainly aerobics in the water.

xxxx

Last edited:
I think the general advice is not to overdo anything your body isn't used to. I think Aqua Fit is fairly low impact and intensity and so you will struggle to overdo it! I say go for it!

Im 4DPO now and looking into getting started as soon as I can. I want to get fitter and get used to the water. I am quite excited, wanting to go twice a week. My husband wants to know if the chlorine could be bad for the baby when I am pregnant?

Last edited:
They hold Aqua natal classes for pregnancy in my council gym so I would have thought the council would have checked it was safe first so I think it's fine. You can always ask one of the gym instructors/swimming pool workers if you get your BFP. I have to say I am trying to approach the TWW with the idea AF will show as 19 months in with no joy, and we have to live our lives while we are sat about waiting otherwise I would drive myself insane!

I hope that AF stays away for you this time, it really is about time she does. This is my first proper 2WW using OPKs and whatnot

Im 4DPO now and looking into getting started as soon as I can. I want to get fitter and get used to the water. I am quite excited, wanting to go twice a week. My husband wants to know if the chlorine could be bad for the baby when I am pregnant?

Yes I went swimming loads when I was pregnant and they do aqua natal for pregnant women. If anything you are encouraged to swim as you are lightweight in the water.

Yes I went swimming loads when I was pregnant and they do aqua natal for pregnant women. If anything you are encouraged to swim as you are lightweight in the water.

Fantastic, we are looking to start on the 17th April, I am so looking forward to it. Not that I can swim but floating or bouncing in the water will hopefully be good for me between aqua fit. I have never been as excited to get into water in front of people looking like a wobbly blamanche!

I'm 27 weeks and doing Aqua weekly - it's completely fine xx

I'm 27 weeks and doing Aqua weekly - it's completely fine xx

Is it aqua fit that you do? I have no idea what I am actually going to, I just wanted something that would help me lose some weight! Might one day learn how to swim, million floats and arm bands included! xx

Did do body combat until 20 weeks. Now I swim and do Aqua x

Did do body combat until 20 weeks. Now I swim and do Aqua x

I cant swim so will do whatever I can call swimming and see how I go with the aqua fit, quite looking forward to it once AF leaves x

Well I have taken the bully by the horns and I have booked onto the next lesson. Sunday is apparently fully booked so my name is on the reserve list and I am def on for next Weds class, nervous anxious and excited!

I made the reserve list! We went today for the first time. I feel like I might die haha exhausted but if it didnt hurt I might as well have just been in the bath. It was interesting, split into 3 sections but it was all full pelt and not a seconds break. My first hour long work out really, I could not have survived on land without the water.

I was so anxious before I went I ignored their call because I knew it meant there was space for us to go. I had to man up and rang them back to confirm that I wanted the space. I was so worried that they would all be thin beautiful ladies and I would look like a potato crossed with a blamanche in a swim dress. Yes, I did of course look like that still but I was far less conscious when I got in there than I expected.

So I have paid up and am a member now so I pay £25 a month and can go to aqua fit twice a week and other swimming times and wont have to pay any extra. I was still of course uncomfortable worrying what people would think of me in there but I was quite focused and too busy stressing that the skirt part kept coming up and hitting me in the face! I am actually quite pleased that I did it, I was awfully worried before and got there dead early but I did it, I pushed myself and now come Weds I wont be making excuses to avoid going. I know what agony to expect, my face was bright red in the first 15mins and thought I might not survive the hour! It was more intense than I had been lead to believe but as much as I wont be able to move tomorrow it will be doing me good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back