Aptamil and Cow and Gate

Lynds77

Reaction score
I emailed Cow and Gate, from their website, and I got a reply from Aptaclub!

i know both milk boxes are identical apart from the colour. The ingredients are the same for all their milks too

and in the small print at the bottom of their emails it says the companies are owned by Danone

so they are the same company, selling the exact same milks under two different brand names, but at different prices??

so anyone paying for Aptamil is aswell switching to Cow&Gate and saving themselves some money!

I've used C&G from the start.
When BF failed in the hospital and he needed a formula bottle to top up the dribbles of colostrum I managed to express, I was offered C&G or SMA.

When I joined their baby clubs, I got a cuddly cow for C&G, and nothing from SMA, so I made my choice :)

I don't understand why people would pay out for SMA or Aptimil when C&G is so much cheaper anyways?
Especially if that's right and Aptimil and C&G are the same... :/ xx

Yes , I was told they were the same too so I chose C&G because it's a bit cheaper (plus I had used with my first lo).

I never knew that!! Bit of a con really!

We were Cow & Gate too, we went with the middle price lol I have a box of Cow & Gate for this bubs too x

That's really weird! I used Aptimal and Chloe was constipated but then changed to c&g and she was fine......bit if they are the same it must of just been her! Lol x

My midwife told me they are exactly the same company and product so if I did choose formula get cow and gate as cheaper xx

They are made by the same co except apamil uses more of some ingredients and I heard of a higher quality but unsure how true this is

Does it apply to prepared formula too?

We currently use Aptamil and we only use the prepared formula (don't ask - we have a teeny kitchen and only have a small larder fridge :shock:) C&G prepared milk is 7p cheaper per carton!!!

I may try a few on James and see if he takes them OK?

xxxxxxxx

Pink Butterfly...

Uhm... You're 47 weeks pregnant? Lol :)

Go get yourself a pretty new ticker :) xx

Nat... Wouldn't it be easier then to store one tub of powder rather than a bunch of cartons of milk?

Anyways... I'd imagine it'd apply to pre-made formula...

Cay's on C&G, and he's fine... Xx

I know someone who change to cow and gate as they heard it was same company and its cheaper and their child was so sick with cow and gate x

Nat... Wouldn't it be easier then to store one tub of powder rather than a bunch of cartons of milk?

It would be such a hassle to make up a bottle for every feed and we just don't have the space for bottles in the fridge (unless we stop buying food??)

Also I've got so used to premade formula I am not sure I want to make up bottles?? Lazy Mummy!!!

I figure I did my "time" when I was expressing :lol:

I know someone who change to cow and gate as they heard it was same company and its cheaper and their child was so sick with cow and gate x

Interesting, James is a little bit more sicky since I stopped combi feeding but he loves his milk so I may try him with C&G just to see how we get on?

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Carnat it takes me 30 sec to do a feed!!
I boil every morning water let it cool a little and in a thermos. When the times comes I put water from the thermos and 5 scoops. It literally takes 30 sec.
I have a tiny kitchen too.
Now I don't even use the thermos. I boil a kettle (a water electric fast boiler actually) in the morning and when the time comes I warm a little the water and that's all, mix and shake.takes the same time as pouring from cartons and warm.
I was advices at the hospital when she was born to not use cartons on a permanent basis and only as an emergency or an outing as most milk carton brands lack the friendly bacterias that the formula milk has in its composition. I am not sure if this applicable for every brand though so dont stress about that really it may only be my milk? (Though I heard Lynds here saying the same for the milk she was using?)

It would be such a hassle to make up a bottle for every feed and we just don't have the space for bottles in the fridge (unless we stop buying food??)

Also I've got so used to premade formula I am not sure I want to make up bottles?? Lazy Mummy!!!

I figure I did my "time" when I was expressing :lol:

xxxxxxxx

Always an option... Lol

Heck, I'm expressing at the mo, and just topping up with formula... I can't be assed mixin powders either. I've just gone from the 200ml cartons to the litre bottles.

But yeah, C&G's been fine for us :) xx

My sister used pre-made formula with her firstborn until he was fully weaned (they lived with MIL, then moved into a house with no kitchen etc...)

I also spoke to HV who said they pre-made formula is exactly the same?

xxxxxxx

We tried SMA and it made B sick so sent hubby out for a different brand and he came back with Aptamil and we stuck with it but decided to try cow and gate when he was 5 months as its meant to be the same but it gave him horrible diarrhoea so I don't think they are the same!

I think it's only with HiPP that the cartons are different from the powder due to the friendly bacteria in the powder.

My sister used pre-made formula with her firstborn until he was fully weaned (they lived with MIL, then moved into a house with no kitchen etc...)

I also spoke to HV who said they pre-made formula is exactly the same?

xxxxxxx

The pre mixed milk is also sooo much tastier than the powder! X

As far as i know its only Hipp milk thats different from powder to ready made, as the powder has the friendly bacteria, the ready made doesnt.

The ingredients list on the Cow and Gate Reflux and Aptamil Reflux are identical in every way. Even the amount of vitamins and minerals in it. All the same volume of ingredients too.
they are identical, and they are DEFO the same company

not sure about the readymade stuff, but it would take 2mins in the super market to compare the cartons. For 7p a carton, I know I would be!

Nat - we dont use our fridge for bottles at all. We boil a kettle, let it cool 30mins then pour it in a flask. Then when LO needs a bottle we just pour one out! takes 2 mins to cool under a running tap or just bung in a jug of cold water. The powder is obviously much cheaper than cartons

Sophia was the same. I changed her to c&g from aptamil and she screamed in pain for days. Switched her back and she was fine x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back