cow and gate causing eczema?

brummy

Reaction score
my boy is now 6 months old and for the past 5 months or so he has suffered from eczema. for the past 2 - 3 months he has had boils which the doctor gave antibiotics for. as soon as he stops the medicine the boils come back. im wondering if its his diet..

he has all cow and gate products. about 4 or 5 bottles with solids inbetween. i read today about intolerance to cows milk. would switching to sma be a good idea?

has anbody else been in this situation (cows milk intolerance/switching brands etc)

thanks

Hi my daughter is Lactose intolerant, she was covered in eczema & was sick allot after feeds and also had Runny Nappies. you could try Aptamil comfort milk which is reduced Lactose to see if that helps xx

my son had a cows milk intolerance. He started on c and g milk and had to get prescribed formula. Intolerances cans manifest in eczema. HOWEVER, all regular milk formulas have cows milk in not just cow and gate. Some of their pureed jars have none in. SMA, APTAMIL all other formulas have cows milk in. If you think it is a cma (COWS MILK ALLERGY) soory about caps lock...then has hyour lo had any other symptoms...?? If you wanna pm me please do as my LO had an intolerance up until 1 months and we had to check every single jar/ homemade food for ANYTHING that contained cows milk...... xx i half feel like a pro by now... also, there is a complete difference between lactose intolerance like ZMD mentions and cows milk intolerance!! x

Ooh sounds nasty, my daughter had terrible excema and was permentaly creamed up and wrapped in tubeygrip style wet bandages on torso, arms and legs, and now will not wear skirts at all as she was always covered in leggings or trousers to cover the bandages. We started on cow and gate and then it ramped up at 4 mths when we started weaning, we ended up on prescription soya forumla, (going back to 2002 here)., no better and then we tried goats milk, wow!!! they do st Helens goats milk yoghurts in tesco and fresh milk and cheese, and wow what a difference, not sorted but more manageable. she grew out of it between 2 and 3

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back