Cow and Gate or cow and gate comfort??

First Baby White

Reaction score
My Little Harry is currently on Aptimal and expressed milk combined and had been fine, My milk is slowing up so is now on more formula. Since we have up'd the formula intake Harry is being sick after every feed and its breaking my heart!!!
We are going to change his milk to see if this helps and have been advised to use cow and gate but which ones???
If you could let me know your experience with the above please that would be great

Out of curiosity why have you been told to use Cow and Gate? Aptamil have an easy digest version which is pretty much the same as C&G comfort. I don't know much about it, though. We didn't get on well with C&G comfort at all - it gave her dreadful runs and she needed changed about 10 times a day. Apparently this is "normal" but it was making my LO extremely uncomfortable so I didn't stick with it for more than a week. How much is he being sick? It is normal for them to bring some back after a feed.

There are lots of bf'ing folks here I'm sure could maybe give you advice on boosting your own milk supply?

i wouldnt swap formula every couple days its makes them sick even more! I guess like midna said in a way its trail and error. daftscotlass is right id just swap to the comfort brand your already using instead of swapping brands all together. I gave kyran cow and gate comfort milk from 8 weeks and it turned him into a different baby. it made a huge improvement. Even at 6 months i tried going back to normal milk but it just didnt agree with him so im back on the comfort milk.

I wouldnt swap yet hun as that can upset their tummys too. My lo is now on aptamil after i breastfed for a week and she was really sicky for the first few days and still is now at times but its getting better. Midwife said that aptamil is best on the market too. Though if you do swap remember its hard to wean them of comfort milk (my first had terrioble colic and was on this milk from 2 months till 1 year). Comfort milk also thins their poos and they are unbelievably smelly. It is a good milk but only to be used if you really need it, i would try normal cow and gate first if you do decide to swap.

Good luck and have some of these. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back