Anyone starting to TTC may/June?

Ahh diets that fatigue you are the worse. The pros with a bodybuilder style diet is they aim to fuel you so generally tiredness is not a problem. It's the boring food that gets to you.
Before I got pregnant I had a sponsor and was going to compete this year, that went out of the window a bit, but I'm sure it'll happen in the future. I'm a builder but would love to work in a gym.

The best way to train for building muscle is to do a weight session first then no more than 20 mins of light cardio (slow jogging or low intensity cycling) afterwards. This stops your body going catabolic, I.e using muscle for fuel not fat.

Can I ask how much fat you want to shed? I've gone up a few percent bodyfat with my last pregnancy, bloody hate cardio but it has to be done.

OMG Vixx 6lb in 1 week is amazing!! Not long till Mexico now then :) how long you away for? We'll miss you're cheery chit chat :)

Ahh diets that fatigue you are the worse. The pros with a bodybuilder style diet is they aim to fuel you so generally tiredness is not a problem. It's the boring food that gets to you.
Before I got pregnant I had a sponsor and was going to compete this year, that went out of the window a bit, but I'm sure it'll happen in the future. I'm a builder but would love to work in a gym.

The best way to train for building muscle is to do a weight session first then no more than 20 mins of light cardio (slow jogging or low intensity cycling) afterwards. This stops your body going catabolic, I.e using muscle for fuel not fat.

Can I ask how much fat you want to shed? I've gone up a few percent bodyfat with my last pregnancy, bloody hate cardio but it has to be done.

Hey Holly, sorry Ive only just seen this as I havent been on - Im not sure how much I want to lose, maybe 4.5 stone? I would love to eat lots but I dont think I can workout enough to justify it and I worry that I will just gain weight.

I normally do workouts the other way round, cardio and then weights.... so I should change this? I dont tend to do more than 20/30 mins of cardio anyway, as I just find it so tough at the moment (mainly due to being unfit and on such a restricted diet).

I went to the gym yesterday morning early and decided to try the bike for my May challenge and it took me 20mins to ride 10k, in my defence that was right at the end of my workout haha - so I can see myself spending a lot of hours riding come May :) even if I cant manage it within the 31 days, I will carry on until Ive reached the 1000 miles! I am normally quite determined when I put my mind to things!

OMG Vixx 6lb in 1 week is amazing!! Not long till Mexico now then :) how long you away for? We'll miss you're cheery chit chat :)

Thanks J!!! Well it was actually 10lb last week :thumbup: and I was trying for 6 this week but Im not optimistic at all, Im only 2lb down so far this week, my weight loss has really slowed down :(

I am away for 15 days :dance: not long at all, 16 days and counting! Awwwww thank you :friends: I feel I will have loads to catch up on when I get back!

I had some rubbish news yesterday (which is why I wasnt on here) I had my Colposcopy app with the hospital (I had many of these between the ages of 18-26 so im kind of used to them) well anyway I got there, the doc sits me down and tells me I have high risk precancerous cells and have to have them removed, today. I almost fell off the chair!
I expected to go in, for her to have a look, tell me it will get better or reviewed again and thats it but no, she then tells me I need to have a local anaesthetic and that I cant have sex or swim for the next 4 weeks!!
I couldnt believe what she was telling me, none of this was even slightly indicated in the letter, I was there on my own and a quivering wreck... I then told her I have a holiday in 2 weeks, and I want to swim with dolphins etc so its impossible, she said we could rearrange but I should not leave this, when I told her I have another holiday book in June, she told me I wasnt taking this seriously, I kind of snapped at her at this point (she had no people skills, or bedside manner in the slightest!) telling her the holidays were booked ages ago and I had no clue this was even going to be happening.
Anyway.... I then had a local done, she took a biopsy, but where it was really horrible and I was blubbing like mad, she told me she would book me in for a general to have the procedure done.
So Im now waiting for my results and praying/hoping they arent cancerous (she doesnt think they are but she cannot say for certain).
I asked her about TTC later this year she said it should be ok, the treatment would not hurt baby in anyway but can lead to premature births...

Hmmmm anyway, sorry to go on and on and on, but yesterday was a super shit day for and to top it off, OH had some really shit news at work too, so its a wonder I didnt consume my body weight in choc last night, the way I was feeling.

Awww Vixx, I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. It is never good to hear bad news and it sounds like the doctor wasn't the best either. I really hope your results come back with a positive outcome. How long do you have to wait for this? I hope your OH was there to comfort you regardless of his bad work news as your health is Top priority. I will be thinking of you until you get those results. :friends: I hope your weekend pampering will take your mind off things and you re-charge your batteries. :dust:

Just reading through, sorry to hear your bad news vixx, keeping my fingers crossed that everything comes back ok, it sounds like they've caught everything early on. My sis had this last year, it knocked her for six with worry. Hopefully you get the results soon.

Bloody major bummer with it clashing with your holiday too.

Yup weight before cardio is the way forward. It burns more fat. I won't go into the science behind it.

Good luck :) x

Thanks J!!! Well it was actually 10lb last week :thumbup: and I was trying for 6 this week but Im not optimistic at all, Im only 2lb down so far this week, my weight loss has really slowed down :(

I am away for 15 days :dance: not long at all, 16 days and counting! Awwwww thank you :friends: I feel I will have loads to catch up on when I get back!

I had some rubbish news yesterday (which is why I wasnt on here) I had my Colposcopy app with the hospital (I had many of these between the ages of 18-26 so im kind of used to them) well anyway I got there, the doc sits me down and tells me I have high risk precancerous cells and have to have them removed, today. I almost fell off the chair!
I expected to go in, for her to have a look, tell me it will get better or reviewed again and thats it but no, she then tells me I need to have a local anaesthetic and that I cant have sex or swim for the next 4 weeks!!
I couldnt believe what she was telling me, none of this was even slightly indicated in the letter, I was there on my own and a quivering wreck... I then told her I have a holiday in 2 weeks, and I want to swim with dolphins etc so its impossible, she said we could rearrange but I should not leave this, when I told her I have another holiday book in June, she told me I wasnt taking this seriously, I kind of snapped at her at this point (she had no people skills, or bedside manner in the slightest!) telling her the holidays were booked ages ago and I had no clue this was even going to be happening.
Anyway.... I then had a local done, she took a biopsy, but where it was really horrible and I was blubbing like mad, she told me she would book me in for a general to have the procedure done.
So Im now waiting for my results and praying/hoping they arent cancerous (she doesnt think they are but she cannot say for certain).
I asked her about TTC later this year she said it should be ok, the treatment would not hurt baby in anyway but can lead to premature births...

Hmmmm anyway, sorry to go on and on and on, but yesterday was a super shit day for and to top it off, OH had some really shit news at work too, so its a wonder I didnt consume my body weight in choc last night, the way I was feeling.
Oh you poor thing,that's awful. X

Hey Vixx, so sorry to hear this news, hope you're ok. I've got my fingers and toes crossed that everything is ok for you. Xxxxxxxxxx

Ah hun, I'm so sorry to hear this. Everything will be fine, you'll see. Xx

Thank you, you lovely ladies :friends::hugs::love:- I'm sure it will all be ok (?!?) and will update as soon as I have my results.

I hope you all (mummies and future mummies) have a wonderful Mother's Day today x

Eeeek, just needed to vent some excitement, 7 weeks until I can start ttc!!

Yey that's great news and 7 weeks will fly by, infact that's only next month now? I'm 1 week behind you, hopefully we'll both get our BFPs quite quickly! Went to slimming world last night, lost 3lb and got slimmer of the week for 2nd week running, very pleased. That's 11.5lb off now and BMI reduced by 2 :)

Yey that's great news and 7 weeks will fly by, infact that's only next month now? I'm 1 week behind you, hopefully we'll both get our BFPs quite quickly! Went to slimming world last night, lost 3lb and got slimmer of the week for 2nd week running, very pleased. That's 11.5lb off now and BMI reduced by 2 :)

Amazing J well done!!! I had my weigh in this morning, lost 2lb this week.

Your TTC time will be here in no time at all J and Kdh - Im so excited for you both!!

Wow that's amazing, well done. Yes hopefully we can go on our journeys together, will be nice to have someone to share it with. I'm so excited that it's next month now. X

Well done to you all ladies. J & Vixx awesome effort on the weight loss front :dance:. kdh, just a warning, I will be stalking you on TTC so you better update often. :)
I have 17 and a half weeks till TTC, four more paydays and ovulations and Afs. I can't wait...

Haha! No problem. I've never had my own stalker before. ;-) ahhh the time will fly by. Isn't it funny when you say just 4 cycles it's really not that long away at all!! X

Hope you ladies are keeping yourselves busy, the time really is ticking along now! :) I've been making myself ill with stress these past couple of weeks with work (financial year end) and also anxious about the TTC coming up, really hate feeling the way I am so me and the hubby have booked ourselves a fortnight in the sun, leaving next Saturday... That will keep me nice and relaxed and by the time we get back it will nearly be time. Xx

Awww Hun sorry to hear you've been getting stressed, but really pleased you've managed to book a holiday, so you'll be all nice and relaxed for TTC!! You'll only have a few weeks once you're back eeek that's so exciting.

I've got 7 weeks and counting to holiday and TTC! Bit disappointed cos I was due to OV in the middle of our holiday but my period was a week late this month so I'll be on my period on holiday instead :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back