Period forecast and a honeymoon baby

emmalou82

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

My first post here so I hope someone can help me out!

We're getting married in December and I use the Womanlog iPhone Ap to keep track of my periods. It automaticaly forecasts future periods and unfortunately I'm due on the day of my wedding. :wall2:

We've already discussed that we'd like to try for a baby on honeymoon. I'm a teacher so if we were luckily enough to conceive within a few months it's fit in perfectly with term dates etc. (Ideally like to have the summer holidays off, go back for a few weeks then go on maternity).

We currently use condoms as our only method of birth control. So, we have a problem. My best friend says to go on the pill for a month or so before the wedding so that I can continue taking the pill until after the honeymoon (she doesn't know we want to TTC straight away).

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to how I can not be on my period for the wedding, but still have a chance of conceiving on the honeymoon? We don't want to use birth control once married, so I don't really want to be taking the pill after the wedding day!

Hope this makes sense!

Em xxx

My period was due on my wedding day 2, but even though i am spot on 28 day cycle it actually came week b4 wedding!! I couldnt understand but eventually just thought that sub conscious it subtly changed so i wasnt on!!
But yeah, you could try pill, seems shame as your body is clear of contraceptive chemicals wen you want to conceive and then you take pill for just month or so! Just make sure that you get pill that will stop you from coming on, as not all do !! Good luck and hope you have lovely wedding, I remember the stress !!

The pill can massively screw up your cycles. I wouldn't take it personally if you are wanting to ttc xx

Sorry sweetie but if you want to TTC straight away then you'll kind of just have to deal with having AF .....

Are you going straight on honeymoon after the wedding and how long are you on honeymoon for?

Best of luck

Last edited:
Thanks Ladies.

Carnat22- We get married on 22nd and go on Honeymoon on the 24th. We're back in the UK on 2nd January. xx

You're unlikely to ov on honeymoon then aren't you? x

Still, it'll be fun practicing ;-)

I just deperately don't want AF for my wedding or honeymoon, that'd be rubbish! :-(

I'd better just keep my fingers crossed that in the run up to the wedding my cycle changes slightly, although part of me thinks it's probably best to know rather than have the unpredictability!

I appreciate you don't want your period so maybe your Dr can prescribe something? I can't recall the name of the drug at the moment though?

I'd def not go on the pill though - I didn't have a problem with my cycles getting back to normal (after 3.5 years on pill) but many other ladies have had problems.

TTC should be fun sweetie but it often doesn't happen the way we 'plan' so have fun trying but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen exactly as you want it to

xxxxxxxxx

Hi there guys!

Emmalou82 this is also my first post and we're in the same boat...My fiance and I are getting married in December too (although at the beginning) and we're going to try for a baby when we go on honeymoon on the 10th.

I'm currently on microgynon which I've been on for 7 years and I was very excited today as I went to reissue it and told the nurse I only needed 6months as we will be TTC at the end of the year! :) Im going to finish my last packet in August so that i have 3 pill free months before we try and I'm planning on starting folic acid then too. After roughly working out dates I should start my period the week before we get married so hopefully (as long as things go to plan!!) I should be ovulating on our honeymoon. Just had to share as I'm SOOOO excited and cannot wait to be a mummy! Hope it all works out for you!

I too am due on my wedding day :( (21st july) and I wanted to stop taking the pill in june to try for our second but looks like i'll have to do pill back to back although I really dont want to but af on wedding day is just crap isnt it!

Good luck :)

Well, in a grand twist of fortune, I went in for an operation last month, and I don't know if it was the general anaesthetic or the medication I was on (diclofenac), but last month's period ended up coming 5 days late and this months has come 5 days late too! So according to my tracker app, I now wont have AF for my wedding. I know it might change again, but fingers crossed! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back