Anyone starting to TTC may/June?

Awww not at all J, dont think like that, positive thoughts only!! :)
I really do hope it happens straight away for you, youve been so patient waiting all this time, we all deserve our BFPs when we want them, as we are a lovely group of girlies.

Im so excited for you to TTC, will be stalking that group when you move over ;) but please keep us updated so we know what is going on, and then hopefully we will be with you soon enough!

I agree time is going quite quickly, and I think it helps concentrating on other things such as losing weight, saving and holidays. Yes, this is the Mexico hol and I will be on a plane in 3 weeks and 2 days time haha - not that Im counting at all :D

Hey, I will defo still be coming on this stream to keep you updated! My countdown ticks down to 9 weeks tomorrow woohoo, single figures now eeekk!! (9 weeks and 6 days to be precise but I'm not counting days :) )

Yepeee to J for single figures. This is the home run. I will be keeping an eye on you as well in TTC, hopefully it will be very short there and you will jump straight into 1T. :dance:

J thats so exciting!!! 9 weeks!!! I bet you are super excited, that will fly by in no time and of course I will be checking TTC also, to see how you are getting on.

Will you be using OPKs etc? Or just trying and seeing how it goes?

I still have around 23 weeks to go, booooo

Ohhh Vix, 23 weeks isn't that bad. That's only 5 AFs. :dance:

I know Kat - just seems to far away still, but saying that, Im sure I had over 30 weeks to go when I started counting down, so to have got through 7 already I guess is a good thing :D

I hope we both get our BFPs pretty quick, how great would it be to share the experiences together, especially if close in due dates etc :) - so exciting!!

Last edited:
Hi guys, it's weigh in for me tonight, fingers crossed, I've been to the gym 6 times last week, so hoping for a good one. I'm totally in the healthy / weight loss head space now, just hoping I can stay in it for the next 9 weeks! I'm about a size 14 at the mo, so have been googling size 14 and pregnant to see what I might look like with a bump!! Baby centre forum has loads of pics of women at different sizes, showing their bumps, so it's motivating me to loose as much weight as possible so I have a lovely bump and don't just look fat!!

I won't be doing opks unless I'm struggling to fall on after a few months. I can pretty much tell when I'm ov'ing most months anyway and we BD a lot, so hopefully won't have to go down that route. Are you doing opk's vixx? Have you started to have regular cycles now you're off the pill? 23 weeks will fly by, I had 21 weeks to wait when we decided we wanted to try and it has gone so fast.

J xx

I go in phases of obsession with pregnancy and I'm currently off the scale!! Can't stop thinking about it and having a bump and telling people and googling things, it's getting a bit too obsessive now I think lol.

Thanks J, your words are encouraging :)
I guess the last few weeks have gone by pretty quick, what with my monthly challenges and focusing on weight loss (when I say focusing, I mean frantically and desperately trying any diet in sight to shed as much weight as possible!) so I am hoping it wont take too long to get here!

Good luck for weigh in tonight! and well done on the gym attendance thats much better than me. Although I did complete a 3 hour body combat marathon on say for cancer research and Im still aching now!! haha

I tried OPKs last month and I didnt seem to ovulate at all...? I understand thats probably because of my first month off of the pill. I havent done it this month, mainly because I just havent had time, but I definitely didnt get any symptoms or notice anything different so I presume I didnt again? Well Ive had one cycle since coming off the pill and that was 32 days I think so thats not too bad and I think if I use the same number of days my next period is due a week tomorrow, so I will let you know!

Haha not obsessive, just excited??? thats what i tell myself anyway ;)

Well I lost 1.5lb, not as much as I had hoped for the 6x gym sessions, but hopefully it will show on the scales next week too. On another gym mission this week, so up at 6am to go swimming before work!

Vixx don't worry about ovulation not showing up on opks yet, it takes your body a good few months to get its natural rhythm back after coming off the pill. My cycles vary every month between, 28, 30 and 32 days, always even numbers randomly lol!! I'm hoping for a few 28 day cycles so it doesn't push my predicted ovulation day on holiday back even further!

1.5lb is good, well done hun. Don't forget all those gym sessions is turning fat into muscle (which weighs more) so not only will you have lost fat to muscle (prob more than 1.5lb worth which would put your weight up) you've still lost weight on top of that which is amazing!! Well done x

I'm going to resist POAS (opk) this month. I've tracked my cycles for 4 months now since coming off the pill and they seem fine, so I'm going to save on my sticks for May when we'll be trying for real. :) eeeek xx

Great job J, you are a real trooper. :pompom: You should be very happy with the loss. kdh is right you are growing muscles and that's gooood. Keep up the good work. It's the best thing to be in the zone.

Vixx, I know you have sore muscles but I bet you had a great time. :dance: How are you feeling BTW? Any symptoms of you know what :bump:?

Well done wttjune2014! 1.5-2lb a week is the ideal amount of weight to lose as its manageable and maintainable, can I ask how long and what exercise you do? Guessing it's some kind of cardio. Sorry I'm a bit of a Gym freak, sounds like your doing really well :)

Kat & KDH, thanks for your encouraging comments, hopefully if I can keep this up for the next 9 weeks I'll be in ok shape for the hold and for TTC.

Vid welldone on your body combat marathon, that's good going!! Hope you've recovered? How's the Cambridge diet going?

Holly I just do 30-40 mins at a time in the gym, as I find if I force myself to do any more I dread going and talk myself out of it, so I figured 30 mins a day is better than nothing. I alternate between gym and swimming. So in the gym i row for 10mins, then do a machine that's a bit like a cross trainer for 20-25 mins. All cardio, don't do any toning, cos I figured I need to get rid of the layer of fat first. On both machines I go for it and work really hard, heart rate around 180-190 (resting rate is around 70), but I realised apparently I should keep it under 160 so it burns fat from fat stores rather than muscle fat, do you have an opinion on that? Welcome any advice as there are contradicting views on the internet.
Then when I'm swimming just do 40mins of constant breastroke. My main concern at the moment is losing weight and particularly belly fat, because when I get pregs I want a nice bump, not a flabby one :) your profile pic looks amazing, you must work so hard, to maintain such an amazing figure! When are you starting to TTC?

Aw thankyou :) I'm really struggling with not eating crap after 7pm at the moment

Your spot on with your muscle loss theory, too much exertion and the body helps itself to muscle stores for energy rather than fat, the 'fat burning zone' is lower than the cardio zone. I do 20 mins cardio for maintenance, at a steady pace but that's after a weight session. Everyones body responds differently though.

God 40 mins of breaststroke! That's good going, can't stand swimming for exercise, even bought a weatherproof ipod case to try and keep the boredom away but nope.

Belly and lower back fat, for me anyway, is the last thing to go. So annoying lol.

I've recently had a mmc and want to try again asap but dh wants us to wait a bit. So I'm not too sure when we'll be ttc tbh

Vixx, I know you have sore muscles but I bet you had a great time. :dance: How are you feeling BTW? Any symptoms of you know what :bump:?

Haha Kat Im feeling fine, definitely no symptoms and I am totally expecting AF next week!!! :) OMG sore muscles, I couldnt move for 2 days, and yesterday when I tried weights, I could barely lift my arms!!

J 1.5lb is good, well done!!! You should be pleased with that result. As the ladies said, if you are building muscle you will not see the scales move so much. Did you take measurements at the beginning? You are probably losing inches! Keep up the good work, just think if you lost 1.5lb between now and TTC thats a stone, which is loads!

Cambridge is going well, but its bloody hard work... I lost 10lb last week (which I know is mainly water) and Im trying for another 5-6lb this week, but I dont think it will happen, but Im going to try my best! You know I love a challenge :)

Holly I really admire what you do, is it a profession for you??? I would love to build muscle, and last year found myself training with a bodybuilder type guy (he was stacked anyway haha) and I love the heavy weights, in the gym I probably do cardio and weights 50/50, but not so much now Im on Cambridge as I have so little energy so Im trying to lose some of the excess weight first and then focus on the muscle building!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back