Anxiety, I think. Help!

mookie

Reaction score
Ok so last night was definately not a good night!! :cry: Didn't get to sleep until 2am :shock: I'm so tired.
We had a take away pizza last night, as a treat, I think I've been put off take away for life, I know, thats a good thing! Anyway I had dinner, gave lo a bath, had a laugh before bed and was really relaxed. I got into bed and was really cold (not sure if that had anything to do with it), I started to feel like I wasn't breathing in enough air, which made me panic, then I thought my heart hurt, kind of an aching feeling. I don't think it was my heart but it really scared me and I thought if I went to sleep I woud die :shock::cry:
OH picked this exact moment to be an:bum:and told me to stop being so silly. I can't help it, the symptoms feel so real to me, tingling arms and legs, feels like my heart is beating too fast then too slow, feeling of doom.

I managed to sleep a bit but I can't shift this feeling and I'm scared, I'm only 5 weeks.
I've had therapy for anxiety before but it was about 2 years ago and I've been managing it really well.
I haven't had my first midwife appointment yet as they don't bother phoning me back.
Help!

Ohh jeez hun, it must have felt like everything was getting on top of you, i've had anxiety issues in the past and know what it feels like. I definetely know what you mean with OH's picking moments to be annoying as well, typical men!

I didn't have my first midwife appt until i was 9 weeks. I would go to the doctors and say i'm pregnant (they may ask for a sample) and then they should get everything rolling re. booking appt's for you. (if you haven't already done that hun).

You might have had a bad reaction to the food, or maybe just had a little ill feeling run through you for a while. I have had these if i'm lying down, just suddenly feel ill, its normally my stomach and feeling cold and can make me feel proper sick.

Sorry i don't have much advice for you, i didnt want to read and run! i would check with the doctors about receiving your appt for midwife. and keep an eye on going to sleep at night, its probably nothing serious to worry about though hun. xx

Sorry I don't have any advice Hun but just want to offer a :hug: first tri is an anxious time tho. I'm normally a very chilled out person but am already freaking out about the pregnancy being a sticky!!! I think it's normal to feel anxious, especially if you are prone to it anyway. Get you docs appointment booked and discuss your feelings with them xx

Hey Mookie :wave:

I pretty much agree with Scottishlassie but wanna send you massive massive :hugs: though :friends:

xxxxxx

PS Sorry I haven't replied on your other post, will do a bit later & still no sign :clover: :pray:

xxxxxx

Aw Mookie hun that was a classic panic attack you had there. I get them (less freq now but they're always being kept an eye on) and they're rotten. The physical responses are very real. It's basically your fight or flight response kicking in but there's no actual danger so you're just left with adrenalin pulsing round you with nowhere to go. I'd point OH in the direction of a good website - men really don't ever quite get it :rolleyes: cos to them it's not a physical danger they can see and they're practical buggers lol!

Agree you should go to the docs cos they'll be able to sympathise AND treat you. Counselling and CBT did wonders for me. I'm in control now not the attacks. I relapse from time to time but doing well. Have u heard of moodgym? Xxxx

Thank you ladies x

Kezzamunster- Thank you. I've been keeping everything crossed for you, was starting to wonder if you were ok. I'm really glad you are. Testing tomorrow? :clover::clover::friends: xxx

Sunnygirl- Thank you, believe it or not your post has actually eased some of my symptoms, so I feel a little more calm. I've have CBT before it helped a bit but I felt the lady doing, didn't get to the root of the problem, she wasn't very interested. I had been dealing with it on my own quite well as it has been ok. I've only ever had the physical symptoms once so last night was a massive shock.
Your right about men. OH thinks if I tell myself it's not real it will go away, didn't matter what way I explained it he couldn't understand :wall2:
I guess I was even more worried as I had a heart problem during my last pregnancy, wasn't a massive problem, it was an irregular heart beat turns out though that it's normal for me.
I haven't heard of a moodgym, what is it? thanks again xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back