Palpitations anyone?

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
Last night I had to go to bed early, out of nowhere I was tormented with the feeling of my heart thumping in my chest, throat, hands everywhere really. It seemed to last for ages. It's happened twice now.
My pulse was only 72bpm so it wasn't that my heart was beating abnormally but just that I could feel it massively.
I've thought for a long time that I have a heart problem, for years I've got the odd stabbing pain and sometimes a dull ache in the crease of my left boob and between them iykwim. Sometimes if I turn onto my left side in bed I get a pain there too.
I also have a diagonal crease on my right ear lobe which I read can be a sign of heart problems - that helped no end with my heart anxiety let me tell you.
I do suffer with anxiety attacks from time to time but when I have these heart "feelings" it's out of nowhere and that will make me panic, rather then the other way round.
Anyone got any ideas? x

Morning Cosmic, I've heard it can be normal, something to do with the blood flow and the extra work your heart is having to do. When do you see the midwife? Might be worth mentioning it.

I'm seeing her on Monday morning. I have a feeling she'll think I'm mad. I've been obsessed with this "heart issue" for years. I had an ECG done about 3 years ago (this is how long I've been banging on about it) and it couldn't have been more normal.
Because my symptoms mostly happen at night, my dr thinks its anxiety related, I don't think it is x

I'm seeing her on Monday morning. I have a feeling she'll think I'm mad. I've been obsessed with this "heart issue" for years. I had an ECG done about 3 years ago (this is how long I've been banging on about it) and it couldn't have been more normal.
Because my symptoms mostly happen at night, my dr thinks its anxiety related, I don't think it is x

You probably get the palpitations then start to feel anxious about them which might make then feel worse. I've read they are normal in pregnancy. Maybe try some sort of breathing exercises to try and keep yourself calmer during them. I'm no expert though! (does it show?)

Hey hun. I had same thing and still do. Mentioned to my sister who had baby last year and she said its normal during pregnancy as circulation changes then. Blood is being pumped harder round body. At times I can physically see pulse beating. Only cause to worry if u get palpitations and severe breathlessness at same time x

It happens to me occasionally, only last seconds but I def feel it xx

mine goes lik the clappers sometimes xx

Good to know that others get it too, it's horrible x

I should have asked the one you re-ordered. Mine arrived the other day, can't bloody hear the heartbeat but can see it. Confused.com!!!!!! x

I didn't order a different one in the end, I figured that I'm not going to use it that often so the angel sounds will do xx

Fair enough, I'm going to try and make a point not to over do it and just listen in once a week. 9 weeks today Cos, woohoo xx

Had more palpitations in 1st tri than 2nd but its very common. Scared the crap outta me when I first got one lol xx

Fair enough, I'm going to try and make a point not to over do it and just listen in once a week. 9 weeks today Cos, woohoo xx

I don't know if I am 9 weeks :cry:
When I had my early scan, they put me back one week but then said its hard to measure accurately at that stage so now I'm not sure :( x

:hugs: aww hon don't be upset. I read Kanga was put forward and back by 6 days or something. Technology is not always correct, especially is they are going by growth. Some babies are small and some are big. Did you have irregular cycles? Xx

Oh, Cos - someone that feels exactly the same as me and I thought I was the only one. I suffer from anxiety quite badly. I've been on Citalopram for about 5 years to control it but have stopped taking it in the last month for obvious reasons. The palpitations can happen any time anywhere to me - I'll just be sitting on the sofa and of it goes! You really can feel it throughout your whole body. It always seems worse at nightime doesn't it? Unfortunatley the more you think about it the worse it gets - very much a vicious circle. I try getting up and walking around for a bit or putting headphones in and trying to breath really deeply. It sounds as if you're very much like me with the anxiety thing.I've been told that palpitations can't harm you - they're just a nuisance and when you're in the throws of them can feel just awful. I'd def speak to your midwife or doc - sometimes just talking to someone for reassurance that you're not going mad helps! It's a stressfull time this baby business and if you're prone to anxiety like me it's heightened by a million! Stay chilled if possible hun xxxxxxx

I am getting them as well; glad it's not just me, only at night or during relaxation at yoga when it's noticeable,
I would say it's normal but I do have a heart problem too (prolapse valve and a fixed hole in the heart); though I'm not worried about it,
anxiety makes my symptoms (on anything) much worse, so I would definitely put it down to anxiety and worrying about something that may not be there

I'm glad this thread occoured because I've had it twice during my pregnancy now and it scared me! Glad I'm not alone!

I have had palpitations a couple of times too but they definitely feel worse if I worry about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back