Anxiety during pregnancy

mom2b

Reaction score
I am 9 weeks pregnant after having a miscarriage January 14, 2005 at 6 1/2 weeks. I had a very difficult time with accepting the fact that I lost my baby and did not want to wait to conceive again as soon as possible. As you can see it worked. My father unexpectedly passed away on my birthday in 2003 and since that time began experiencing anxiety attacks. For quick relief I was given Xanax and to level me out I was taking 10mg of Lexapro every morning. As soon as I found out I was pregnant in late December I quit taking both prescriptions. In the last two weeks I have been SUFFERING with anxiety attacks and don't know what to do. I have taken a half of a xanax .5 mg (the lowest dosage) on 6 different occasions and am so scared I am hurting my baby. I cannot live with this anxiety and no medication for the next 7 months. Does anyone have any advise for me? My husband and I want this baby so so so much and yet in the back of my mind I wish I would miscarry again. Someone please help me.

Hi

I'm new to this forum, so bear with me :D

Like you i suffer from anxiety attacks, i have been on 4mg of diazipam for the last 5 and a half years or so.

Within this time i've had 2 girls, i cut down to the lowest dosage i could manage, my doctor didnt want me to come off them totally, as she felt that wouldnt be good for me. Takeing medication when pregnant does have it's risks but if you are having anxiety attacks then this is no good for you or your baby. If i was you i would go back to your doctor and discuss how you are feeling.

With my 2 girls they told me they would definetly have a low birth weight, so we bought loads of little clothes, out came ebony at 10lb :lol: , next was miya at 9lb 12 ounces. Our next one is due in september.

Try not to worry about miscarrying, i know easier said than done.

anyway i hope this helps, take care.

liz :)

Hi

I'm new to this forum, so bear with me :D

Like you i suffer from anxiety attacks, i have been on 4mg of diazipam for the last 5 and a half years or so.

Within this time i've had 2 girls, i cut down to the lowest dosage i could manage, my doctor didnt want me to come off them totally, as she felt that wouldnt be good for me. Takeing medication when pregnant does have it's risks but if you are having anxiety attacks then this is no good for you or your baby. If i was you i would go back to your doctor and discuss how you are feeling.

With my 2 girls they told me they would definetly have a low birth weight, so we bought loads of little clothes, out came ebony at 10lb :lol: , next was miya at 9lb 12 ounces. Our next one is due in september.

Try not to worry about miscarrying, i know easier said than done.

anyway i hope this helps, take care.

liz :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back