3 days after BFP and lots of anxiety

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I just got my BFP last Friday and I am so happy about that. I'm now approx 2 weeks PG (if you take it from when I ov'd).

Thing is, I am a very anxious person but until recently, my anxiety has been well under control. Then, for various reasons (some BFP related and some not) I am now on my 4th night of not sleeping well and my anxiety is going through the roof. :(

I'm so terrified about what effect this anxiety is having on my bean that it's just exacerbating the anxiety, so I'm getting myself in a right state and can't seem to get out of it. I've tried rationalising things and breathing exercises, but as I'm so exhausted due to lack of sleep it seems impossible. The more it happens, the more anxious I get. I'm so scared I'm going to lose my bean because of the anxiety. I know I'm a bit of a nut job at times, but any words of comfort would be much appreciated. I'm going to see a dr tomorrow anyway, as this can't go on, but right now, I thought I'd get on PF and try and reduce the panic a bit at least...

Thanks for listening xxx

Hi hun

Insomnia is a very common symptom during pregnancy, and won't affect the beany at all. (Since my period was due i've only had 1 night undisturbed sleep, the rest i've been awake for hours, so you can bet i looked this up :) )

Also, according to the drs you would be about 4 weeks pregnant :) that may just sound a bit better & further along if you know what i mean :)

Are there any breathing exercises you can do to help keep calm? A doctor once had me spend 10 mins describing what a twig (that was there) looked like as it demonstrated a way of taking your mind off things. Are there any distractions you can take? E.g. watching fave tv prog, reading a book?

Good luck with drs tomorrow x

Hi sweetheart. I'm really sorry to hear how anxious you've been. Unfortunately, tri 1 is a naturally worrying time. We spend our time in Ttc wishing we were here then, when we make it, we almost expect it to be taken away. What you're feeling is very normal. The doctor may be able to suggest other relaxation techniques. I'm a big fan of self hypnosis cds for relaxation and sleep. You can pick these up on amazon or even try your library.

Tinsel gives really good advice - you will be 4 weeks pregnant which sounds more and made me, personally, feel better when I got my own BFP. Also, the distraction technique sounds like it would really help.

Take time for you; you're going through major hormonal changes and your body is very busy cooking your bean! DH will be your rock now, so have lots of cuddles on demand, and you have the lovely girls on here to vent off anytime.

Keep positive!

:hugs:

Xxx

Morning Ceebee x I'm an anxiety sufferer too so you're not on your own! Is it just at night that you get nervous? This sort of thing always seems worse at night when you're lying in bed doesn't it?! I've recently come off Citalopram which I had been taking for over 5 yrs to control panic attacks - do you normally have anything from the doctors to take? It seems that lots of the girls of here suffer from episodes of anxiety (some of whom have never suffered at all until now) which is totally understandable given the changes that are happening to us all! It is a scary time but we can get through it together if we keep talking which I find always helps - if nothing else to know that you're not going round the bend!!! I'm around most of the day today so lets have a chat and see if we can get you calmed down a bit. I'm not professing to be a doctor or anything - just someone that's suffered from this for years too. Talk to you later hun, hope you've managed to get a bit of shut eye xxx

Hey hun, the other girls have given some really good advice. All I would add is try and set yourself some mini milestones, at the moment it feels like a long was to 12/13 weeks. I'm only just over 5 weeks and this week I'm going to ring the doctor, once I've seen them my next step will be the midwife and so on.

AND when you do feel you can't cope, come on here and rant at us, there is always someone to talk to here.

Take care

xx

Awwww hun I already pm'd you but you know I am an anxious personn too and there are things ur gp can prescribe to settle you sweets xx just go and ask him I know how u feel love x

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Remember the tapping technique too!

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Hey Ceebee

Sorry you are feeling like this hun, a lot of people in tri 1 myself included have had anxiety from the start.

I think with your history, the best thing that you can do is go and see your GP and explain to him/her how you feel and see if there's anything he can do to help.

Secondly, don't feel like you are alone in this, we are all really really anxious and I can't even remember now the last time I slept through the night!

We are all here for you - there's no such thing as a stupid question, and there is always someone floating about in the wee small hours if you have something on your mind that is keeping you awake.

Hope this helps hun xx

:hug: sweetheart

What time is your appointment? Were all here for you x

Oh ceebee,

You poor thing!!!

I do sympathise although oddly enough I don't feel that stressed out myself - I though given my history I'd be a complete nightmare... :shock: :shock:

Not sure why I am so calm though hun, so I can't give tips!!!

I am glad you are going to see your GP today, that should go some way to reassuring you? You can discuss the anxiety with your Dr and also he can get the ball rolling with regards to the next steps (IE midwife appointments etc..)

I am not an anxious person in general BUT I am not a great sleeper. I can be dead on my feet but the moment I go to bed I am wide awake and my mind is racing!!

I now make sure I have a camomille before bed and then 10 minutes or so before I want to go to sleep I jsut go and lay down on the bed and just breath....

It doesn't always work, I was shattered last night and still ended up tossing and turning for a bit!!!

This time is worrying hun, I know that more than most.

My main piece of advice to you is don't spoil this time for yourself by worrying and stressing.. Essier said than done I know.

If you are playing your part (keeping healthy in body and mond) your bean will do the rest darling!

Let us know how you get on at the Dr's

xxxxxxxxxx

Oh bless you lovely! I'm so sorry you're feeling crappy :(

I too suffer with anxiety, I'm a natural worrier anyway and I've suffered with full-blown panic attacks in the past so I defo know where you're coming from. The first couple of weeks of tri 1 nearly sent me loopy, I wasn't sleeping either and then when I did nod off I'd be lying awake for ages with my mind racing! Its totally normal hun, although I know that's not a lot of comfort! The only thing I can say is it WILL get better... for me the whole of Tri 1 has been a worry, but its been manageable, it was only those first couple of weeks after BFP when I felt a bit overwhelmed by it. Its so normal hun, you've had the biggest shock ever (a happy shock but still a surprise!) And all those new hormones racing around your body, its no wonder you're feeling anxious!

I doubt anxiety will harm your bean sweetie, people go through all sorts of stressful situations when pregnant don't they? However its not good for you to be feeling like this! I would try talking it all over with your OH, maybe doing some gentle swimming or something, relaxation CD's and just remember that we have all felt like this at one point, and it WILL pass I promise! Feel free to pm if you ever want to talk lovely xxx

I agree with Ams on the relaxation music thing, if you can afford to go on itunes and download some its brilliant for nighttime. I know it sounds a bit hippyish but it really does work! I listen to something called 'Liquid Mind: Sleep' when I go to bed at night. Try listening whilst lying back and thinking about relaxing every muscle in your body ... it should chill you out a bit & you never know, you might even nod off!!! :)

oh dear, I think you need to go see your Doctor, see if there is anything he can give you, or at least put your mind at rest a bit?

there are a few things you can do at home yourself, so try to relieve the anxiety. Before bed have a warm mug of milk with some cinnamon in it. Its a natural anti-depressant.
Also late evening have a banana and 2 small oatcakes. That combination is also naturally good at relieving anxiety.
And dont go to bed to read, or watch telly or anything. Bed should be for sleep and sex only. Otherwise you train your brain that bed doesnt always necessarily mean sleep so your brain stays more alert, hence more awake.

and what about exercise? a brisk evening walk with hubby, or swimming during the day? that will help relieve anxiety and stress too and help you get more tired at night time.

good luck. xx

Ladies :) thanks all so much for your sympathy and wonderful suggestions - I thought everyone would think I'm a total nut job, so nice to know I'm not alone in being this anxious (although I wouldn't wish anxiousness on anyone)

So, I got through last night and saw a lovely lady gp this morning who assured that anxiety doesn't cause miscarriages, which was such a relief - I'd totally convinced myself I'd caused myself to lose my bean! Just knowing that has helped to reduce my anxiety already. Then I had a sleep this afternoon, so I'm not so knackered now.

This evening, I'm trying to stay rational and not worry about whether I sleep or not. I don't even work, so I can always catch up with sleep tomorrow. I think I'll be ok. I've got some meditation cds and I think I'll just get up and watch tv or come on PF, instead of lying there stressing. I can't do a drink before bed as I will just need to get up and wee all night, which won't help, but I might look into that itunes liquid mind sarah star - sounds interesting. I will get on top on this and I won't let it beat me!!

Once again, thanks to you all so much for sharing your experiences and being so lovely - I'm definitely going to like it here in tri 1 :friends:xxxxxxxxx

Glad the appt went well.

Don't know if this will help hun, but Im a seasoned insomniac.

I use a breathing technique that I've posted about a couple of times and it usually works for me.

Its really simple and is basically

Take 5 deep breaths in (breathe out normally) followed by 7 deep breaths out (breathe in normally) and repeat.

I find that I never see the end of 2 cycles of this.

However, they say if you are trying to get to sleep for more than 20 minutes that there is no point in staying in bed. I find that sometimes getting up and doing some stretches helps. Or just having a cuppa in the dark.

Thanks tweety foo - insomnia sucks doesn't it? Had a better sleep last night thankfully tho still woke up mind racing, but good thoughts so feeling ok today :) I actually use a meditation breathing called 7 - 11, where you breathe in for 7 and breathe out for 11, which can help. I'll give you method a go anyway - can't hurt!

Wow, it's amazing what a difference agood night's sleep can do - feel like a different woman today!! :) xxxx

Morning Ceebee! You sound so much more chirpy this morning which is great news x :)
So glad the doctor managed to reassure you, it's always helpful to talk about anxiety problems isn't it?!! A problem shared is a problem halved so they say and we're all here for you xxx

Thanks sarah star :) Yeah, am actually feeling a bit excited today, so that's a big improvment! Long may it last! I'm sure I'll be up and down with it all anyway...

How are you doing with it all? xx

Aw, I'm fine thanks hun! :)
So far I seem to have been really lucky and avoided the dreaded morning sickness but still have lots of other little niggles that let me know that bean must be having a field day in there!!!

Having come off the 'anti-panic pills'(!) it's tricky to tell whether my see-sawing emotions are due to withdrawl or just plain old pregnancy hormones!

Poor OH must be at the end of his tether already - one minute I'll be joking around the next I'll be sobbing cos he's eaten the last packet of hula hoops!!!!!

All I know is I don't know what I'd do without the girls on here. Althought none of us really know each other the support everyone gives is amazing - you're in good hands here my lovely!

Stay happy today - catch up later xxx :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back