Another Folic Acid Thread.

Can I ask on this thread, how many 1000mcg folic acid tablets do you need to take to make it 1mg ?. When I looked at the conversion it said 1000000mcg is equivalent to 1mg errrm I'm totally lost lol xx

Last edited:
I read on here if BMI is high 5mg is suggested as being a good idea so I asked my doc and she agreed it is correct (thanks people on here for the info!) and as she knows money isnt great just now she gives me 3 months worth so I only have to pay one prescription fee at a time which helps. When it was due for my next prescription I asked another doc who was very skeptical and wasnt going to give me it, going as far as checking her medical book which did not mention BMI as an issue. She did eventually give me the script and I asked the pharmacist who agrees it should be 5mg, he even printed something off the internet for me to show the doctor bless him. I work at a GPs and there seems to be very mixed answers regarding this but I would rather be safe than sorry, its not like its an opiate based drug I am taking for the fun of it, I wont get addicted to it, I just want them to ensure if I can get pregnant I have a healthy baby

Just saw your post sparkle. My bmi us about 32/33 i think. Apparently after each mc your supposed up the dose anyway which I didn't kno until was told to take 5mg so after first mc up to 800mcg then 400 again until 5mg :/ i swear GPS don't give a flying fk :/ argh.
I'm hoping they'll make me ovulate every month. Lol. Hopefully next month will have a super egg :) x

Just saw your post sparkle. My bmi us about 32/33 i think. Apparently after each mc your supposed up the dose anyway which I didn't kno until was told to take 5mg so after first mc up to 800mcg then 400 again until 5mg :/ i swear GPS don't give a flying fk :/ argh.
I'm hoping they'll make me ovulate every month. Lol. Hopefully next month will have a super egg :) x

True they dont seem to have a clue. Super egg made me giggle, I have the image in my mind of a massive huge egg with an embryo fully formed inside! x

Can i ask why you need to take more folic acid than whats in the pregnacare vitamins? I'm just curious. I take the seven seas and was wondering if they are really enough..

MrsLaw, because of recurrent miscarriges. What's in seven seas usually 400mcg is enough and was taking until doc told me to take 5mg.
If you have a high bmi your supposd to take 5mg to. But if you do adn wanna take ask doc first Xx

Last edited:
Peanut, I just realised that you have taken higher dose of folic acid and got a line on ics this cycle.
Ive increased my dose to 800 mcg. Shall I go higher? x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Charlotte idk, you can buy 1mg online for cheap, but I'm only on higher dose cos the doctor said I should be. I woudlnt otherwise... maybe speak to doc. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back