Annoying the cr@p out of me....I wish!!

katjam1980

Reaction score
Has anyone found a miracle cure for constipation, I've gone from being very regular to struggling to go & I don't like it!

I've tried drinking lemon & hot water in the mornings, fibogel twice a day & prune juice, exercising ....none of it seems to be helping much! :roll:

I am trying to eat wheatabix and fiber but still struggling. Please do share if there is panacea

lol..Its terrible isn't it! lol

i went from having loose to constipated! its disgusting !

What are we going to do ??x

ha ha, well since posting this I had a bit of a breakthrough this afternoon, I had some extra strong mints & a cup of peppermint tea, not sure if that's the solution or whether the prune juice from this morning has finally worked it's way through!

I've been so bloated though, I look pregnant...& even though I am, that's not why i look it & I'm not ready for people to know yet :eek:$

I'm finding that eating cabbage helps. I've suffered from constipation very often from a very young age so I was dreading to think what would happen if I got pregnant :shock:.

Anyway, For the last two weeks or so I've been eating at least one portion of savoy cabbage a day. So I probably go through a whole cabbage every 2-3 days.
Miracle! It has really helped things go more, ahem, smoothly:blush:. I'm going to keep with it and see if it's just a phase or if it's a long term solution for me, but so far :thumbup:.

Last edited:
I'm finding that eating cabbage helps. I've suffered from constipation very often from a very young age so I was dreading to think what would happen if I got pregnant :shock:.

Anyway, For the last two weeks or so I've been eating at least one portion of savoy cabbage a day. So I probably go through a whole cabbage every 2-3 days.
Miracle! It has really helped things go more, ahem, smoothly:blush:. I'm going to keep with it and see if it's just a phase or if it's a long term solution for me, but so far :thumbup:.

:oooo: Good idea!! Apparently cabbage is also supposed to be good for morning sickness, but thankfully I am not suffering with that! Will defo give it a try though, thanks for your suggestion!

its funny this because i eaten a full packet of choc raisins the other day and i was worried about next morning because i was waiting for the bad belly to go toilet but i never had a thing lol penuts ususally make me go but i got ibs and penuts set that of really bad so i avoid them but their is a drink u can get my midwife told me i think its callled fibre gel

on my way to purchase a cabbage!!

xx

on my way to purchase a cabbage!!

xx

I really LOL'd at that :D. I'm actually sitting snacking on some right now (savoy, the dark green leafy one, very yummy!) I've been lightly stir-frying it with some olive oil so that it's cooked but still quite crispy. Even converted my cabbage-hating husband!

Hope it works for you guys!

Last edited:
hahaha Alex, i was just about to ask you - how did you prepare the cabbage?!

i feel soo sick, don't think i can manage a walk to the shop! Ive been signed off work.. i feel like death folks..

praying the cabbage works!!!!! x

its funny this because i eaten a full packet of choc raisins the other day and i was worried about next morning because i was waiting for the bad belly to go toilet but i never had a thing lol penuts ususally make me go but i got ibs and penuts set that of really bad so i avoid them but their is a drink u can get my midwife told me i think its callled fibre gel

I also suffer from IBS, so it's normal for me to go up to 5 times a day, I'm now down to 0-0.5....it's weighing me down ya know!! I have been drinking fibogel which i think is what your MW mentioned to you, I'll perservere with that! ..but gonna try cabbage too, I might just have a plate of it for tea, I may have to warn my OH :lol:

..but gonna try cabbage too, I might just have a plate of it for tea, I may have to warn my OH :lol:

:D You might want to do that,.. well I never said that stir-fried cabbage didn't have it's disadvantages!

Seriously though the gasiness seems to go after a while. The first couple of days it was like, "Whoa! Open the windows!:shock:" But that's calmed down a lot now. I had a good platefull with dinner yesterday and for lunch today and don't feel particularly gassy or anything.

I was having problems with 'going' but then I ate a load of coconut. Sounds odd, but an hour later, no problems :D

I'm going to be writing all these tips down!! X

I started with the fruit & fibre yesterday and it seems to have worked for me! The thought of cabbage at the moment makes me feel sick along with most things at the moment :-(

Benefibre! It comes in a green tub - I get mine from tesco. Spoonful in my tea every morning and one on my cereal too. Used it during my last pregnancy too and it keeps me regular as clockwork!

The only thing that worked for me early on was lactulose from dr, tastes like honey to me (probs cos I don't like honey) but worked great where all else failed

Benefibre! It comes in a green tub - I get mine from tesco. Spoonful in my tea every morning and one on my cereal too. Used it during my last pregnancy too and it keeps me regular as clockwork!

That's a new one on me, not heard of that before, but prepared to give anything a go!!

I actually had a caffeinated coffee yesterday, I stopped drinking it when i found out I was pregnant, although I only ever had one a day anyway.....but it always seemed to give me the urge fairly swiftly after a cup & I must admit it did work! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back