Am I Am I Not? Previous Experiences or Advice Please x

jillybear1587

Reaction score
Hi Everybody, I am new to the site and joined to interact with people in the same boat as me or in a better boat.. im just looking for a bit of advice, if anybody is able to help of course.

On 27th March 12, i was feeling really bloaty so said to my partner i wanted to buy a pregnancy test.(Part of me wanting to get one was because i had being using oristat, a slimming tablet as i was struggling to lose weight that i had gained since i had my son in july 2010.) so.. got home done the test (clear blue) and boom- Pregnant... abit shocked as we hadnt been trying, but all round happy to be able to do all the things i missed doing now my little man has become independent. To confirm the test wasnt tricking, i bought a clear blue digital and a cheap tesco one, both twin pack so i could check again a few days . The clear blue digital came back pregnant 3+ and the other had :bfp: appear almost straight away. so over the next few days i toodled on called the dr to get it confirmed, he just said if the tests are positive then your pregnant... called maternity hospital to get booked in and following week had my appointment. she took blood and urine and filled out my book. now i assumed i had conceived in jan ( normally keep a record of my periods but had alot of problems at home so it crossed my mind) but was booked in for 13 week ultrasound on 13th april.. so went in and the sonographer started asking me questions about last period tests blah blah.. and i panicked and said can you see anything on the screen so she said she had to do an internal scan.. she did that and then dropped the bombshell.. i was either earlier then 13 weeks in the pregnancy, or the pregnancy had stopped altogether. she said she could see the sac and a fetal pole but no heartbeat, and referred me to the early pregnancy unit.. so i toodle over there with my other half, im scared at this point.. and the nurse says by the measurements it looks like an early pregnancy so we will re-book you for a scan in a weeks time. Well the scan was yesterday, went in and she asked if i had bleeding or anything, i told her the last 2 days i had a slight smearing of pinky blood ( sorry for too much info) and she carried on.. she said my bladder was empty so would need to do an internal.. she did that and said she couldnt detect a heartbeat, but said it had grown a bit( im not sure by how much i was in a haze, with my partner holding m hand as she went on about options) he then said back to her that the nurse said a heartbeat still may not be detected at this stage, so the woman scanning me said we will bring you back in a weeks time ( great more waiting in limbo for the unknown). then yesterday afternoon, i went a wee and when i wiped, sorry if too much info- but a stringy thing, the only way i can say was it looked like semen or something fling off the tissue and touch my hand, as it hit i felt it was cold and was very thin and had a little bit of blood which i think is just from when it passed with the discharge i have been having,but it boggled me what it was.. i been wearing a sanitary towel in case heavy bleeding because i am now thinking and expecting the worse. Lat night i went a wee and the bleeding was more then when i started the couple days before and had lower back pain, but it was red not the pink, but still watery like the end of a period. today it has started going browny in colour.

Im sorry for the too much info but im worried and concerned.. also because the scan people having told me the size or the dates of the fetus...

what do i do? do i go hospital and demand some answers, get them to take urine and blood to see if its increasing, or do i just let nature take its course and continue crying?

Its Just so worrying and confusing because the pregnancy i had with my son was textbook, dates and everything were spot on.

I appreciate anybody who can shed some light on this for me, whether its good or bad news... its something i will have to face either way.

Thank you ladies xxxx

:hugs:

Welcome to the forum Jilly

Id love to set you mind at ease, but I can't, theres no way to tell for sure just from info you mentioned. I am hoping that you fell pregnant later than you thought and that is why no hb is seen yet as still early days, but on the other hand it rather than to raise your hopes, it also could be a pregnancy that is failing to progress correctly. I had a missed miscariage at 11 weeks and the baby had stopped at 9 weeks and no hb was seen , I had had a bright red bleed at 11 weeks which made me go the the EPU to get checked tho.

I'm hoping you have a better scan very soon, and that the bleeding stays old / pinky and not red , do let us know how you get on XX

thank you for replying to my thread, its always nice to hear from people with similar experiences, plus i dont really have anybody to talk to about it as i dont want to worry my mum and my oh bless him is trying his best but he doesent no how to be.. its just so horrible being sent to a scan eachweek but not even being told the size of the fetus and GA.. :( will keep you all posted, and im trying to think positive but its so hard xxx

It's hard to say if it's a viable pregnancy or not this early. Last December I found out I was pregnant at cycle day 35 and just after five weeks (5 days later), found out I had miscarried. I had bright red bleeding and it was a lot - not just a little - prior to finding out I miscarried. I was devastated because we had been trying for two years.

I hope your story turns out better than mine. :) I know it's hard, but try to relax and think positive thoughts until your next scan. You can also POAS this weekend to see if it's still positive. Even when I mc, the tests didn't come back positive at all - I just had slightly elevated hcg levels.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Thank you for posting to my thread hun means alot. sorry to hear of your past experience, im sure when the time is right it wall all fall into place.im new to the site today and dont want to sound stupid but what is POAS? xxx

You're welcome. I'm new too - only joined two days ago. I've had to learn the lingo too. haha! POAS = pee on a stick. :)

I wish you luck too! We're all here if you need someone to talk to. My husband didn't know how to console me either and wanted sex from me a week after miscarrying - guys just don't seem to understand this stuff so much. Keep your head up.

men will be men though, they try to help all they can but really they think with their... lol!
yeah i did one on wednesday well did a clear blue digital which said 3+pregnant and a normal tesco one which both lines appeared almost straight away.. then i did a tesco normal one today and it came up with the 2 lines almost straight away again, im just in limbo not knowing what to think, because the bleeding has got heavier, but not soaking a towel and is only there really when i wipe (sorry for too much info) thanks hun it means alot, and i do agree although my partner is trying to understand he keeps saying he feels helpless and doesnt no what to say or do to console me.. its a horrible feeling :( xxx

Any time! If the blood only shows up when you wipe, then you might be okay. I needed a tampon to help with my bleeding in December. And the fact that the pregnancy tests are still coming back positive is another good sign - at least to me. :) I know you hear this a lot (as do I), but try to stay positive and just relax.

Oh, and it's never too much info here - the only way people can help each other is if we give specific details. :) Chin up! :)

xxx
Kelly

i was under the assumption that tests can still show positive up to 19 days after a loss? im not too sure as i try not to google too much as it could go either way.

thanks hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back