Agnus castus!

blondy13

Reaction score
I have started taking AC today for a couple of reasons; to try and hurry AF up (currently CD46 after pill withdrawal bleed and had nothing except spotting), and also to try and help my skin!
I was just wondering if anyone is/was taking it, and any experiences to share?
I have read loads of good reviews and stories on the net, it seems to help lots so FX it will do the same for me!
It is half price at Holland and Barrett at the min so got it from there, taking 2 x 400mg capsules twice a day so 1600mg all together daily.
Thanks girls, baby dust xxx

I'd be interested to know how you get on with this, have read a couple of things on it but not enough to understand it fully yet. where did u read up on it? Seen a few posts here from ladies that have taken it and seem to have positive feedback but think I also saw somehing about not taking it after OV days or something along those lines...?

Still no sign of my AF so have started to consider looking into taking AC to see if it helps too

fx it works for you sweetie!! xx

I started taking AC after I had a 69 day cycle. I only take 2 x 400mg once a day for the 1st 2 weeks of my cycle.
The 1st month I took it my cycle went down to 41 days. Awaiting to see what happens now on CD29 :)

charliebear, good to hear that it improved your cycles... I don't yet have a cycle as such as came off the pill and haven't had a natural period since, would I be ok to try this now or do I need to wait until I finally get an AF then take it for 2 wks?

oh thats fab Charlie, sounds like its doing the trick for you :) I just googled it and read a few websites and there seem to be loads of Agnus castus success stories, so its worth a shot i figured!
take it you still have no sign babyhopeful? xxx

I came off the pill in May this year, my first cycle after withdrawl bleed was also very long. I started 1600mg daily until i got a positive opk the next cycle which I got on CD15!! I couldn't believe it, not sure if it was the AC, or things returning to normal. Have taken 1600mg this cycle too, but thinking of reducing it to 800mg in the future so im not taking too much as cycle seems to be fairly established.
Hope that helps xx

P.S - Has also done my skin wonders xx

Last edited:
charliebear, good to hear that it improved your cycles... I don't yet have a cycle as such as came off the pill and haven't had a natural period since, would I be ok to try this now or do I need to wait until I finally get an AF then take it for 2 wks?

As far as I'm aware it can be used to bring on a cycle. I suppose it cant hurt?!
I only take it the 1st two weeks as its not meant to be taken after Ov if your TTC.

Steffy - sounds like it has worked pretty well for you too! I'm feeling a little more positive now I know I am helping things along! I hope it sorts out my skin too - feel like I have regressed 10 years with my greasy skin and hair! Poor hubby - as soon as we get married i get funny looking, lol!
babyhopeful - I read that it should bring on AF, but we need to do opk's to make sure we don't take it after ov like charliebear said.

It was def worth the money I spent on it - Holland and Barratt have some good deals on it at times. Last 2 tubs I bought were buy one get 2nd for 1p. Nice to hear you are being postive, i think that is important xx

I use it but as my recent cycle was 85 days I can't tell you if it worked or not. Hopefully next cycle it will do the trick!!

I tried it and it didnt really do much in terms of sorting out my cycle, as it was all over the place after depo injection.

However my skin looked amazing!! Worth it just for that in my opinion!

:dust:

xxx

Is it ok to take it if ur cycles are fine but ur skin is a bit dodgy??

My skin hasn't been right since coming off the pill, but my cycles are back to normal. I don't wana mess with them. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I think from what I've read it can improve PMS and skin symptoms and some people take it just for that so maybe worth a try if it doesnt improve jayjay? I'm hoping it's going to help my skin at least...I have got spots on my chin neck and back after coming off the pill...rubbish hormones!

You can also take starflower. That is fab for your skin and generally for a womans health. My friend used to work in holland and Barrett and swears by the stuff!!

It didn't shorten my cycle for me really but im certain it helped me get my bfp in the first month of using it.
i used the liquid form, 1ml in a tiny bit of water, twice a day. it tasted foul but got used to that.

fx for you hun x x

Hi girls. So do you start taking it on the first day af arrives?
My skin is also shocking since coming off the pill!! It's like an eruption of spots. It's actually very embarrassing it's that bad xx

I take it from first day period arrives through to ovulation. To detect ovulation I am using BBT and OPK's.
Good luck xx xx

Congrats Steffy on your BFP!! so pleased for you!! i wonder if angus castus helped?! xxx

Well i have read it gives you hormone boost, so it may have done. I'm sure it didnt do any harm. Best of luck to you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back