Agnus Castus

Amber8

Reaction score
I thought this thread might be useful for anyone who's thinking of taking AC or anyone who has irregular periods & needs some help.

I started taking AC in Nov. I didn't have a period for 6 months after my mc, then it finally came but didn't comre back. So I found out about AC & thought what harm can it do? It's a herbal tablet so it doesn't do anything to you. Sure enough after taking it for 2 weeks I got my af!!

That cycle lasted 63 days, god knows how long it would have been if I hadn't taken AC. My last cycle was 40 days, I'm now on cycle day 1 so hopefully it will reduce it significantly again, I may even have a 'normal' 28 day cycle!!

If you have irregular periods I would strongly reccommend taking agnus castus.

I'd love to hear other peoples experiences of AC.

That's really interesting. I was put off ac because I'd read it can lengthen cycles for some.
Great it's working for you x

Hi cosmicgirl,

Ive never heard AC can lengthen cycles, hopefully some more ladies who've taken or are taking AC will post some more positive results. How long are your cycles?

Between 32-61 days so far. Used to be regular 28/29 days before mc 12 months ago :( x

I'd try taking it to see if it helps, as I said in the thread their a herbal so won't do you any harm & I certainly don't think they will increase your cycles as they are meant to reduce.

If you do decide to try them only take them up to ovulation & then start again on day 1 of your cycle.

I have had weird cycle since July (no reason what I know of) and the last two cycle I took AC and they where both around 28 days :) this month I didnt take it and i am now on cd19 and still have not OV....so i will defo be taking it next month from cd1 t OV!!!

Hope it works for others also! x

That's good news pink butterfly, I will defintely keep taking it until I fall pg & then deal with my cycles again after that. But for now I just want shorter cycles so I have more chance of ovulating monthly rather than 2 monthly or longer.

hey, my last cycle was ridiculous and after waiting as long as i could i finally went ahead and started on the AC roughly cd 70 something....by cd 81 af came!!! was so happy....i continued to take it until i ov'd which was surprisingly early at cd 13...so im hoping its worked and that i get my bfp next weekend....otherwise il be back on the ac.

for people with really long irregular cycles i couldnt reccommend it enuff xxx

Bellarina you've done really well to ovulate on day 13 after that 80 something day cycle. I know your a big fan of AC like me.

Fx for your bfp nxt wkend x

thank you hunny...hell if i get a bfp next weekend il be an ambassador for ac lol xxx

I have been taking it for a week now. Last cycle 69days currently on cd 39 with plenty of bfn so started taking it cd 32 as couldn't bear another 60+ cycle. Hoping it'll kick in soon x

I have been taking it for a week now. Last cycle 69days currently on cd 39 with plenty of bfn so started taking it cd 32 as couldn't bear another 60+ cycle. Hoping it'll kick in soon x

I hope it does kick in for you, I'm sure it will.

Fx for you x

im on day 86 after mirena removal, started taking ac 3 week ish ago and still no af! i hope it works soon. iv had tests done with gp tho so im hoping to find out whats going on! xxx

Carr how many mg u takin a day hun? U on the tablets or the liquid? Xx

Hey!

Jack is an Agnus Castus baby!! We started TTC in Jan 2010 after I came off the pill, by July I was still having 40ish day cycles so decided to take AC my next cycle was 30 days, the next was 28 days and the next AF never came because we got our BFP!! :)

We're TTC baby number 2 in April and I full intend on taking AC from the beginning this time!

I'd recommend it to anyone! :) x

Ye i was taking that amount. I imagine itl work soon hun. U tried havin sex to bring it on recently? Xx

Ye i was taking that amount. I imagine itl work soon hun. U tried havin sex to bring it on recently? Xx

lol we havnt done the deed since before xmas, i feel to crappy! i may give it a go tonight but i just cant see it working, iv got no af pains, just the odd twinges but i think there more ovary related as there off to the side

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back