• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

advice neeeded...

Loula

Reaction score
Had my 38 week appointment today and all was fine.
However I mentioned to the midwife that I just feel constantly wet and that I had been wearing pads and it managed to go through to my knickers around the size of a 50p.
Since I been back from midwife its happened again, she didn't seem worried so I don't knwo what to do.
Feeelin sooo uncomfy today and have picked up a cold and not sleeping well maybe its all connected in some weird way,
What does anyone else think x

I am constantly really wet as well, my midwife also said the same when I asked about it that it was normal.

It does make me wonder sometimes as it is mostly clear and non stinky, makes me think it's water's but then I have had no show so probably not....

:) xxx

I actually phoned the hospital midwife about this yesterday as I was concerned I was having a slow leak of amniotic fluid but midwife didn't seem concerned, she said amniotic fluid would be continuous even if it was just gentle leak, not just from time to time, straw like in colour and have a distinctive smell... Although who knows what that smells like! X

Keep an eye on it!

One way to tell if it's waters is to lie down for half hour and then stand up and if you leak then it's your waters! I'm pretty sure that's how you tell if you have a slow leak?

P.s please don't queue jump me :)

i got the same answer laura from my MW today as from last night i was getting this 2. she said it was nothing to worry about and its the processes of labour... getting you ready... but she didnt tell me what it was.... Not very helpful now is it... xxx

I've had this too but I just thought it was normal! I don't think it's my waters leaking though, not enough for me to think that. Hope you're ok :) x

Its when i get up i notice it. Normally during the night when im up, first thing in the morning and during the day.
I dont wanna go all the way up the hospital and waste their time if its nothing plus how would they know what it is? x

I've had the same thing a couple of times and it made me wonder. I'm hoping and praying that when my waters do go, they go with a pop so I definitely know about it! Today I spent the day with my friend and by the time I got home my panty liner was damp all over, but there was hardly any discharge (apologies, probably TMI lol)! I did worry though that maybe I'm just becoming a horrible sweaty person haha, although it was very hot today! x

My friend told me that the smell of your waters is very distinctive, and even if you havnt smelt it before you will know, as it's not a smell you will recognise, they smell quite sweet...

im sure il find out soon enough x

im sure il find out soon enough x

Then make sure you let us know haha...
Please can you describe the smell with trying to refer it to something else and if you popped haha...

Maybe we all are leaking slightly to save us the drowning sensation when the waters do go xxx tidal wave :D xxx

tidal wave lol, im sure i could sink a small boat lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back