are my waters 'leaking'?

*pud01*

Reaction score
the past day or two my knickers have been wet TMI :oops: so much so Im wearing a sanitary towel its not loads but it would show on clothes if i didnt wear a towel :roll: and it feels like theres so much pressure down below, I'm constantly thinkin i need the toilet too.
I don't think its a water infection as ive had one before and i didnt feel like this.
:think: i see my midwife on friday, re baby's growth as shes measuring 5 weeks ahead of dates, she said if she's still measuring ahead she'll send me for another scan where they measure the waters anyway...

should i wait till next fri or go to get checked out, im not overly concerned... but should i be??? :wall:

Hi Vix. I'll join ya in the 'tmi' stakes - and say, Ive been having the same problem recently, but Im certain its my bladder. Just a little bit of leakage that I dont know is happening until I go to the loo and my knickers are wet :oops: Im going to start wearing a sanitary towel. But I feel like an old lady wearing tena towels!!! :lol: I hope I get my pelvic floor muscles back once I pop! I have heard that the waters breaking and leaking, smells different. Like a semen smell. Whereas we know what pee smells like. All I can suggest is having a sniff when its freshly wet? :doh: OH THE GLAMOUR OF PREGNANCY! xx

nutcase109 said:
Hi Vix. I'll join ya in the 'tmi' stakes - and say, Ive been having the same problem recently, but Im certain its my bladder. Just a little bit of leakage that I dont know is happening until I go to the loo and my knickers are wet :oops: Im going to start wearing a sanitary towel. But I feel like an old lady wearing tena towels!!! :lol: I hope I get my pelvic floor muscles back once I pop! I have heard that the waters breaking and leaking, smells different. Like a semen smell. Whereas we know what pee smells like. All I can suggest is having a sniff when its freshly wet? :doh: OH THE GLAMOUR OF PREGNANCY! xx

:rotfl: have a sniff!
my poor midwife will be bombarded with questions when i see her!

I wondered the same last week after getting out of the bath, must have been a bit lax in drying off as my knickers were wet.

I spoke to the midwife and she said to start wearing a pad and smell it to ensure not wee!!!

She said that if it does trickle, it will a few times and not just once.

I would ring your mw if you are not sure just to be safe as the risks of infection after they have gone are to you and to baby.

x

It could be discharge which can increase quite a bit towards the end....I find myself with wet knickers at least a couple of times a day now....but if you're worried def let the midwife know xxx

My midwife said that discharge does increase but if you are soaking through a pad as well then it may be your waters so get it checked. A pad should be okay if it is just discharge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back