Measuring 7-8cm ahead!!*updated*

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Been to see the midwife today, i mentioned about the pains and pressure id been getting and she said its everything getting ready, but then she measured me and instead of measuring 38/39cm, im measuring 45/46cm a few miswives checked it and they all got the same measurements, that explains all the pressure im getting. Im off for a growth scan tomorrow then they will decided my care plan from there. Anyone else had a measurement this far ahead and still had a normal size baby? x x

Last edited:
Oh my...I havent sorry but didnt want to read and run.

My actual baby is measuring 3 weeks ahead because of my diabetes but my measurements are coming up ok??

When was the last time you were measured?? Were you ok then? xx

I was measured just under 3 weeks ago and she measure fine then hunny x x

Sounds like u have avert healthy sized baby there !! Or u could b carrying more water sure they will b able to tell u at your scan xxx

I measured 2 weeks at beginning of tri 3 & now I measure under. I guess you won't know for sure until growth scan! Fingers x'd you have a nicely cooked baby! :) xxx

I measured about 6cms bigger towards the end of my pregnancy. I did have some excess fluid and a fairly big baby- 9lbs 5ozs at birth! x

I was going to say to come on that quickly I would think mixture of good sized baby and excess fluid. I got Polyhydramnios with Ethan and it makes you very uncomfortable. It also triggered tightenings for me. They pulled almost 3 litres of fluid from me!! Does your bump feel very tight? Do you have pain in your ribs and back? My ribs felt sore. This is why I had a GTT this time as sometimes GD can cause Polyhydramnios. I've had my AFI monitored this time too, I'm always usually on the higher side but it been within normal limits.

Meant to add, does babies movement feel less or not as strong at times? X

My back is sore and my ribs are sore when im laying down on my side but not all the time. I get pretty strong movements from her, you can see body parts poking out everywhere when shes having a party in there. I am getting alot of tightening this afternoon, they started as cramps this morning x x

M2A - we're really going through it today. I'm measuring 40cm and MW said she'd call the hospital and theyve booked me for a growth scan next Wednesday cuz she thinks shes grown a little too fast since my last appointment. So let me know how you get on tomorrow hun eek, hope everythings ok, im sure it is :D xx

Synconised pregnancies :lol: my appointment isnt till 2 tomorrow, quite glad as OH can come then. As much as i dont want to be induced if i carry on feeling this uncomfortable ill do anything! x x

Hope everything goes ok for both of you x

My scan isnt till next Wednesday so dont think theyre taking it too seriously as its only a couple of cm. Will let you know :p xx

Thanks ladies will let you know, OH has said she definetly well over 8lb but i couldnt take a guess, all i know is my bump is sooooo heavy, ive still got the back ache and cramps too, a few people have said that i wont make my appointment tomorrow :shock: x x

Who've said that u won't make it..mws??
Hoping everything is ok.. I was gonna say increased fluid and growth spurt too.. Let us know how u get on babe fx all is ok xxx

No, family and friends Jayceesmumma, i was sat in MIL's before and BH were coming thick and fast, think i had about 6 in 40 mins but they arent that frequent now :( Just sat on my ball now as thats the only way i can get comfy. Will keep you posted x x

Ooo, good luck hun xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Wow, that's pretty big isn't it...........maybe it was just position missy was in and they are being cautious? Sorry I can't offer any advice from experience but I hope all goes well with the scan hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back