About to pack my bag..

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Well Babys, and part of mine, I dont have the clothes stuff i need for mine yet.

For baby.. How many nappies should I take? And how many sets of clothes? Are hospitals normally warm? Cause I have cotton sleep suits, but also have a couple fleecey warmer ones, should i take a blanket or two? and do i need bibs? im planning to breast feed.

Slightly off subject but did you change your mind about a home birth? I'm sure that was your original plan but I get people confused lol :)

I have packed half a pack of nappies, one blanket, cotton sleepsuits (hospitals, especially maternity, tend to be warm but I've packed cotton hats too) and bibs though muslin cloths would be good instead.

Oh and only clothes I've packed are what I intend to bring him home in if I have to go to hospital x

My origional plan was a home birth yes.. But now the plan is.. see how I deal with contractions, will be ready for a home birth if I think i can manage, if I find i cant, my name is down for the hospital lol Partly cause i wimped out a bit, and also with pelvis being funky, and worrying incase baby doesnt turn or something

so far....

ive got 12 nappies, small pack of cotton woolballs, baby wipes (for both of us, even tho im not sure if they will let me use em on baby) 3 short sleeve, 3 long sleeve sleep suits (came as a set from asda with mittens and booties & a hat, and a coming home outfit, 4 bibs, (im plannin to bfeed too & 3 muslin thingys (came in a set aswell) a towel & mit thingy too,

i went to see my SIL lastyr after she had her lil girl and it was fliggin red hot in the hosp, but there meant to keep it quite high temperature to keep babies warm i thinks,

iv got a big snow suit to bring him/her home in too, but no fleece /blanket but gona get 1 i think just incase, :)

any ideas if we need to take baby shampoos etc or if they supply em there for there first bath?

xxx

I've packed 16 nappies just coz I remember my kids using an average of 15 a day and they will give you some wharle your there just incase I need to stay in longer and have packed three sleepsuits - one for just after birth (an old one) two for when baby has been cleaned a little bit and a going home outfit and three vests also a pink and a blue hat for just after birth and a yellow hat for going home and a White hat incase my window is open and is stuck (again) lol I have one swaddle robe and a bib and a muslin cloth. Also two pairs of scratch mittens and some ear buds and some nail clippers. Oh and a tiny toy for the side of the cot hehe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pack of maternity pads, breast pads, like four nighties just for myself I figure one for birthing and the other three are after birth just incase I leak and home lol I also have two pairs of pj/jogging bottoms and a Cardigan so I can feel dressed at least when there and two tops. I've got so much packed coz my labours in past have been really long and the hosp I'm going to is normally really busy so might take them a while discharging me. I have a towel and some head to toe wash for baby and some little mini washing soaps and shampoo toothbrush ect for myself and make up lol!!!

at the parenting class they say not to use anything on baby at first other than johnsons top to toe but I am not taking any as they have it at hospital.

Oh my god thats so much to pack.. Im gonna forget something I know it!

They don't provide it where I go lol so I thought I would bring my own and a bag of cotton balls too xx

OK havent actually packet it, but its all out on the changing table..

3 vests
3 sleepsuits, (2 cotton, one fleecey)
Blanket
Towely robe
2 pairs of scratch mitts
3 pairs of sockies
Knitted hat
First outfit (vest sleepsuit hat and scratchmitts)
15 size 1 nappies.. should i pack size 2 aswell? :S
Bag of cotton balls (why didnt anyone tell me how huge these are before i ordered 4 from asda? LOL)
Pack of baby wipes (more for me than baby)
Sponge (hospital stuff is always scratchy, sheets, blankets, everything so got my own lol)

Pack of maternity pads
20 breast pads

and ive probably forgotton somethin now im back in the living room.. but baby stuff is all sorted.. just me to do now lol

Won't need sheets as they use their own in hosp for health n safety and only need about 4 pairs of breast pads to 6 xx but sounds good what about your stuff?? Xx

i got my own blankets and sponge and stuff, was just saying sheets as another thing to list Lol. I hate hospital sheets.

Will take 6 pairs then, ty dont have a clue Lol

I need to buy my stuff still :( I dont have nighties or dressing gowns or slippers or dark towels LOL im gonna pack a pair of fleecey sweats for coming home, i dont care what i look like, but i need those so they will go on as late as possible.

I'm knicking a hosp towel for me haha I dot want to get mine dirty haha!!

I'm knicking a hosp towel for me haha I dot want to get mine dirty haha!!

Yeah I only have cream towels LOL

I do need new towels.. I want the MASSIVE fluffy ones Lol i hate dinky ones. But i dont wanna buy new ones and get em covered in god knows what.. hmm hospital towels..

I've got one old very small towel I can use at home when I get back I don't mind getting dirty but all my other ones a big fluffy new ish cream
Ones so I won't be using them for a while lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back