A tad disappointed but moving in the right direction!

flexilexi394

Reaction score
As you all know ive been contracting for about 29 hours now.

Had midwife at 10.30 this morn, contractions still coming and was booked in for a sweep anyway so she went in for the kill and said im not very dilated at all. God dammit!!

So, she said to tempt fate she booked me in for a sweep friday and an induction next thursday at the hospital, but she was pretty sure i probably wont need either of them as when she was on the phone she said "she wont need these appointments im just making them to tempt fate and bring it on" so i guess thats a promising thing!?

She said that hopefully what she did today will make things skip along. this is apparently the "latent phase" and with first babies it can be a bit of a long journey, but at least im still contracting i guess. i guess im hanging onto her words a bit because she was so positive and usually shes quite a negative person.

I didnt find the sweep uncomfortable at all! lol thats embarrasing :blush:

Fingers crossed for me girls, my fingers toes and legs are all crossed!! x

everything crossed that the sweep has done something xx

Hopefully the sweep will do something, what about jumping on your oh as well :p

Oh no, but you only have 11 hours left of today! Can I make another prediction? This Saturday!! :D

Poor thing, bet you it feels like it is going on forever..... fingers crossed for you hun x

That's a shame but then still contracting is excellent! Are they still the same regular time apart?

This sweep will probably give her a gentle push lol really hope so flexi x

Fingers crossed for me girls, my fingers toes and legs are all crossed!! x

don't cross your legs chick, that won't help!

If you stand it then a good bit of rumpy might get things moving, it did the trick for me when I was in the same boat ;)

Was going to say the same ... try bouncing on your OH tonight and see if that work's lol !!

It's got to be better than sitting on a birthing ball lol :D plus keeps you both happy at this nervous and exciting time !!

Good luck !! xx

Hope the sweep helps things along, i have mine tomorrow....so hopefully we will both be having our babies very soon! xx

Hope the sweep helps your little girl to start coming soon xx

still similar times apart, they kind of vary from 10 mins to 5 mins and still last 40 secs so lets hope. lol its long, but as long as my body is doing something im not too fussed about waiting :)

chaz, you better be right. lol xx

:hug: its really dissapointing to hear that when youre examined :hug: your body will be so ready when you do start dilating it'll be a doddle :yay: keep us posted, been thinking of you all day xxx

Lots of rumpy and a curry!

Plus I know I sound like a broken record but woman will you please go get some sleep?! Xxx

ahh thanks tiny, im a little disappointed i guess but i just want it to happen so badly and when you think it is but it isnt its a bit of a pain :( im just being imppatient though, hopefully if i just think nothing of it for a while ill surprise myself :) xx

lol gem i have had sleep, when i get home later i am going to sleep some more. i slept on the sofa last night as it was the only place i could get comfy! then this morning after my porridge i fell asleep which i guess is good?! x

:yay: get as much as possible, i couldnt get comfy on a bed either, i imagine sofas would be good. the only place i felt i could sleep was in the bath which is kinda dangerous when youre on your own lol.

lexi, do you want me to send you a hypnobirthing track to help you relax? might get some zzzz or even better relax so much that you end up 9cm dilated! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back