im sorry to dissapoint AGAIN.

flexilexi394

Reaction score
Just back from hospital and the midwife was an arse hole.

She did an internal and said "i dont think it was your waters just a burst of the hindwaters"

was then left on a monitor contracting away, and then sent home!! hmmm so much for pre eclampsia bollocks!

when we left she said "well we will see you for your induction on thursday then"

I cant be bothered to even think about it to be honest. Im so disheartened and fed up its unbelievable. I was sure that my waters went, as i soaked a whole pad and tissue! stupid people, they just treat you like your an idiot.

I dont know what to do with myself to be quite honest, im tired, im contracting, nothings happening, and my sweep obviously hasnt done much!

Just starting to feel like its never going to happen... the monitor showed i was contracting regularly which means im not just imagining it (and believe me its crossed my mind that im probably going mad)

I may just go into hiding. People are stupid as well, texting me every 5 minutes asking if anythings happened yet, do they not flaming think they would know about it if something did happen!? jesus someone shoot me.

Oh god it's shut isn't it. You know that your waters have gone yet they talk to you like an idiot. I had yhe same. Get a take away, plan a weekend of cake and trash tv and who knows by Monday, you could be a mummy xxx

aww alexis. Dont worry. Your little girl will be here soon! Things can just kick off all of a sudden! just hold in there and think of how little time u have till u get to cuddle your little Girl! xxx

oh nooo ... sounds like you having a right old time of it... it's out of order they're not more sympathetic or understanding... they just treat you like they see it every day and have no understanding of how frustrating and depressing it is, not to mention the pain from the contractions etc...

oh hun i don't blame you for being pee'd off... it's so hard to go through days of pains, contractions and it feels like all for nothing when the baby still doesn't put in appearance.

i have to shoot off to work now but i'll be back later. i still don't think you will get as far as thursday for the induction but if you have any questions about it just shout..

take care and catch up laterz x x x

ps. and don't say you're "sorry to dissapoint" - you are doing exactly what needs to be doing and you are IN labour! .... just this silly latent phase part of it but your body is doing all the right things... just not as quickly as you, us and everybody else would like!!! Think of it as "prologing the excitement"!!! - you're certainly not a dissapointment - quite the opposite x x x

in a weeks n a bits time you will have forgotten all about it. sleep girl, rest, put ya feets up, eat breakfast in bed, take long bath, chill. it will be a few weeks of madness comming.

i had 3 sweeps n was still induced, its shit but soon forgotten :hugs:

oh no babe, so sorry the midwife was a dick :wall2:

can I suggest a glass of wine?! might be slightly tabo but it might just relax you enough to get a good nights sleep and who knows if it might give babay a final little nudge?

xxxx

Aaaw :-( :hug: my guess is shell arrive Monday (again) lol. Bless u Hun you must be ready to flip out. Why do midwives have to be like that? You'd have thought it would be part of their job description ti be nice (tho I'm sure most of them are). Just try to do some things that you enjoy, bath,DVD,hot choc (or vino) and an evening in pyjamas. Pamper yourself a bit :hug: and get o/h to pamper you too xxx

ohhh thats a shame, everythin thats happened to u happened to me with my son and it ended up dragging out to my induction day. its really not fair to leave u contracting for so long as u cant rest properly and u need all the energy u can get for the birth. i hope u dont go on 2 much longer hun. xxx

i would absolutely love a glass of wine and theres some in the fridge . . . gonna do just that i think :) im so tired. and sleep is great, but i contract through my sleep and it wakes me up. just trying to keep positive but its so difficult isnt it!? just want to relax now for a few days. i was hot on making plans for every day but im not going to do that this weekend, im just gona be lazy and eat ben and jerrys and drink tea and watch disney and girly films lol. x

Aaaw :-( :hug: my guess is shell arrive Monday (again) lol. Bless u Hun you must be ready to flip out. Why do midwives have to be like that? You'd have thought it would be part of their job description ti be nice (tho I'm sure most of them are). Just try to do some things that you enjoy, bath,DVD,hot choc (or vino) and an evening in pyjamas. Pamper yourself a bit :hug: and get o/h to pamper you too xxx

great minds think alike my friend :) xxx

ohhh thats a shame, everythin thats happened to u happened to me with my son and it ended up dragging out to my induction day. its really not fair to leave u contracting for so long as u cant rest properly and u need all the energy u can get for the birth. i hope u dont go on 2 much longer hun. xxx

i wondered why they are ok with leaving me contracting for so long, they clearly saw from the monitor that i was contracting regularly and she even said "ooh this looks familiar, sometimes it gets better sometimes it doesnt do anything" FUCK!! lol its just a pain in the arse!! i would be so happy right now if they just said "do you want to be induced tonight" i would have jumped at the chance just to get these contractions over and done with. x

I think that's a great idea flexilexi! Go for the vino and choc and feet up with chick flicks! So sorry you are feeling so frustrated but you are absolutely not a disappointment and the MW sounds v unthoughtful xxx

It's just preparing baby for her arrival. A lady has to arrive in style y'know :hug: xx

The consultant midwife at Liverpool Women's Hospital told me to have a glass of wine, a bath, a couple of paracetamol and try sleep. He said it was 'off the record'! ha ha... here I am blowing him up! Whoops.

So go pour yourself that wine girl! x

(In Germany they drink champers to try set them off you know!) xxx

i wondered why they are ok with leaving me contracting for so long, they clearly saw from the monitor that i was contracting regularly and she even said "ooh this looks familiar, sometimes it gets better sometimes it doesnt do anything" FUCK!! lol its just a pain in the arse!! i would be so happy right now if they just said "do you want to be induced tonight" i would have jumped at the chance just to get these contractions over and done with. x

They left me for 9 days in total. i made a point of ringing all the time and demanding to be checked to see if id made any progress and all the time i was stuck at 1-2cm. I think its awful they leave u, they must know how tiring it is and frustrating. I ended up getting a csection coz even after induction progress was slowwwwwwww and then i stopped dilating all together! Dont worry about that tho, i think its pretty common for 1st babys to drag on for days, im not saying the same will happen 2 u! Fingers crossed something kicks in soon! xxx

I can't believe your back home again :( was your blood pressure ok again then? On a positive note, you have less than a week left of pregnancy no matter what and then thats it :) and if she comes before then, even better. I do feel it for you though it must be really frustrating.

When I went into hospital to be monitored (41+5) they saw I was contracting, just as I had been for about a week, and just went 'ooo...you sure you're not in labour?' pillocks. Then then did a sweep, said it wouldnt happen without an induction :wall: why not just induce someone there and then!!!! Like everyone has said, just have a glass of wine, a bath and paracetamol. Im really crossing my fingers for you that something happens this weekend. Sunday at the latest (then she'd share my birthday :) ). I promise when Im a midwife Ill be lovely to my patients. Not like your silly one.

Try bouncing on a trampoline!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back