im sorry to dissapoint AGAIN.

Ive been reading your threads the last few days to see whats been happening and that all sounds so frustrating. I hope something happens for you soon. But defo have the wine, ben and jerrys and dvd night, that sounds like fun :) xx

btw, with DD I had a big gush of water and quite alot of blood at 13 weeks. The stupid doctor looked all confused and said "are you sure it wasn't urine?" as if I don't know what urine is like.. and a gush of blood doesn't exactly sound normal either does it! Anyway, they said baby had plenty of fluid so we don't know what it was. Could have been the same as you though x

Basically I booked in at the beginning of the pregnancy at 100/60 and it's pretty much that allthe time. Today it was 140/90 which for me is high. That's what I was at the hospital too, and the twatty midwife was like "nah that's fine". So my normal community midwife was obviously concerned to send me, but hey, it cAnt be that bad if the 2nd midwife is sure it will be ok eh?! No more babies for a good few years, that's one thing I've got for sure. I can't be bothered with all this again for a long time! It's too tiring! Lol. I just hate that in every book and anyone you speak to it says you have contractions, they get worse and closer and bang a baby is born at the end. Rarely do they tell you it can go on for bloody days and still have no progression, and that's with 2 sweeps! I think people need to be made more aware of this! As I certaintly didn't know it would go on for so long at nothing good happening except a very tired new mum! How the Frick am I going to look after a newborn that needs feeding every few hours if I can barely look after myself lol?! Hard work alright! Then again no one said having a baby was easy.....just didn't think this would happen. I envy those of you that first babies followed the textbook contractions, dilation, pushing, baby. Wish that was me right now. X

When you had your sweeps did they say what your cervix was like? My cervix needed softening to get the contractions to become more regular, maybe you just need that tiny bit of a helping hand. Have you got the primrose oil out? It might do something! :hug: It does end I promise. And you will magically find the energy to look after your little girl. No idea where it comes from, but you'll do it and you'll do it amazingly. x

aww god Im sorry hun, though least you haven't got pre eclmapsia which may have resulted in a c-section, do what the others said have a glass of wine and relax, hope she comes soon :hug:

awww just caught up on all ur threads, Keep positive hun ur daughter will be here soon. best of luck xx

aww hun have that wine have a nice hot bubble bath get in your most comfortable pjs and veg out watch films laugh cry and eat chocolate all because you can :) the end is here xxxx

The consultant midwife at Liverpool Women's Hospital told me to have a glass of wine, a bath, a couple of paracetamol and try sleep. He said it was 'off the record'! ha ha... here I am blowing him up! Whoops.

So go pour yourself that wine girl! x

(In Germany they drink champers to try set them off you know!) xxx

Gemma I think I may pretend to be german when my time comes :) oh how I have missed my champagne! All the bottles we got for our wedding that we were gonna save for important dates I drank!!! Lol whoops!

You don't think these contractions could be practice ones do you? Except getting them constantly?

can't you give birth somewhere else? I wouldn't feel really relaxt if people would treat me like that. And why an induction (because you would be 42 weeks then)? They cannot force it on you so if you don't want it you can actually choose that. (I am not saying you should not do it but just hoping you choose what feels right for you).

Hopefully your baby arrives soon and I'm thinking of you! Good luck and big hugs.

Ah Lex I wish I could do something to help :(
A week at the most and shell be here, I know it probably feels like a lifetime away but you'll get through it for as long as you need to and then you'll have your beautiful baby and you won't care about any of this cause shell be totally worth it.
Stay strong, you're nearly there! Im only at the end of the phone if you need to ease the boredom xxx

Aww really feeling for you Lexi! I was like this with my first (although I'm sure you will have a much better outcome) and it is simply horrid. You seem to have been soo positive about everthing throughout this pregancy (at least since I discovered PF anyway!!) and you will get through this. You are so right - they should tell you that this can happen.

I know how you feel about envying those who have textbook labour too - this is a bugbear of mine and my Mums - she had a horrible labour with me and soemtimes feel people with straightforward labours were judging her for moaning so much!!! I sometimes feel people judge me when I ended up having a section as if I was somehow weak (believe me its not a walk in the park either!)

Anyway do try to keep your chin up - sending you loadsa labour vibes.... xxxxx

All the best

in a weeks n a bits time you will have forgotten all about it. sleep girl, rest, put ya feets up, eat breakfast in bed, take long bath, chill. it will be a few weeks of madness comming.

i had 3 sweeps n was still induced, its shit but soon forgotten :hugs:
i agree:), hope your baby comes soon Hun x

Hope baby comes soon. But in the meantime enjoy your weekend (and cheeky vino!)

Oh you poor thing :hug: And :trouble: at those bloody texts - I had hundreds of them with the boys and I just wanted to :strangle:

Thinking of you lovely x x

How are things this morning? I think if I go overdue and people are constantly asking if baby is here I may hit them lol.

X

Just back from hospital and the midwife was an arse hole.

She did an internal and said "i dont think it was your waters just a burst of the hindwaters"

was then left on a monitor contracting away, and then sent home!! hmmm so much for pre eclampsia bollocks!

when we left she said "well we will see you for your induction on thursday then"

I cant be bothered to even think about it to be honest. Im so disheartened and fed up its unbelievable. I was sure that my waters went, as i soaked a whole pad and tissue! stupid people, they just treat you like your an idiot.

I dont know what to do with myself to be quite honest, im tired, im contracting, nothings happening, and my sweep obviously hasnt done much!

Just starting to feel like its never going to happen... the monitor showed i was contracting regularly which means im not just imagining it (and believe me its crossed my mind that im probably going mad)

I may just go into hiding. People are stupid as well, texting me every 5 minutes asking if anythings happened yet, do they not flaming think they would know about it if something did happen!? jesus someone shoot me.

TBH Flexi, if I were you I'd be *slightly* pleased. I can imagine that the pain you are in is hard work, but IF you had been contracting 'properly' (full blown labour) for all these hours, I'm more than sure your baby would be in a lot of distress by now.

I was told when I had my sweep that they work for some and not others, I wouldn't build your hopes on it working hun :hugs:

I know how you feel regarding people texting every 5 mins. I have been getting increasingly annoyed with family and friends (I love them really) texting or calling the landline for news. Then when hubby gets home his mobile is on the go too, grrrrr!! It's frustrating!

I'm tempted to take a pic of my foof and ssay "can you see him?" now fuck off!!!!!! :rotfl:

:lol: my little brother is the worst, he's 21 and SOOOO excited to be an uncle, he is making himself sick though got an upset stomach with the nerves :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back