6 weeks scan nothing in sac!

Levi78

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post and I was wondering if any one could tell me if they are experiencing anything similar.

I found out that I am pregnant 2 weeks ago and a couple of days after finding out I had a small spot of vaginal blood after after BM. It went away straight after but I went to the doctors any way to see if it was something I should be worried about. The doctor sent me for a scan at the emergency gynaecology unit. This showed that I was approx 5 weeks and that there was signs of a gestational sac. I had some blood taken and my HCG was 1055. I went back two days later for more blood taken and my level had rose to 1480. Then I went back another two days later and my level was 2192 so they gave me another scan and it showed that the gestational sac was there and it had grown slightly. The sonographer said I was approx 5 weeks pregnant. They asked me to wait a week and go back again for another scan to see if there was any more progress. That was today and today's scan showed that the sac has grown again but so far they can't see anything in the sac! The sonographer said it still could be too early but they wanted to do another blood HGC test to see if my hormone level was rising. I got the results back and the level has gone up to 5000 and I have been told that I should go back in two days for another blood test to see how much further it has gone up.

I'm stressed and confused and I just wish I knew what was going on. The gynaecology nurse said that they would like have seen something in the sac by now and that the sac can grow without anything in it which is why they are doing more blood tests. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi. No advise just wanted to give you a hug :hugs:

Emma x

---
-

Hi hun, not too sure on this, however its a good sign the sack in growing as surley it wouldnt grow if there was something wrong? Hope everything works out ok xx

Maybe dates a lil wrong & could still be very early but fab fab sign if HCG hormone rising
xxxxx

Hi, i'm going through a similar thing, I had abitof bleeding, so had an emergency scan a week ago, thought i was 6 weeks, but turned out to be only 4wks 5days, with just a sac and nothing in it. So have had blood tests, first was 756 and 2 days later it was 9000. I've got my next scan a week today, and i'll be 6wk 5days, so im really nervous about that. Sorry i couldnt be much help to you, I just wanted to say that youre not alone, and hope everything goes ok for you. Good luck :) xx

Thank to everyone for your replies, I really appreciate it. I'm hoping that the sac growing and the HCG level going up is a good thing, we will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow when I have my next blood test. Fingers crossed the HCG will have gone up considerably.

Emilyandbump, thanks for your reply. Sounds like we have a similar thing going on. I think you're showing good signs though if your HGC has gone from 756 to 9000 in two days. Mine just doesn't seem to be going up that fast. I'm still hopeful though. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Try not to worry too much about your scan next week and I wish you lots of luck. I hope you get to see your little one starting to grow. Good Luck :) xx

My friend had a similar thing and she had a later scan and everything is fine and baby was there!! Fx'd for you that this is the case for you!!
xxxx

Hi hun, welcome to the forum :hug:

I too had early scans, one had nothing at all and I was told that it was possibly an ectopic pregnancy, back again, there was an empty sac, they took my bloods and sent me home, I went back a few days later with pains and they found a larger empty sac.. Back again and finally there was a 3.4mm dot with a heartbeat.. Its a good sign that the levels are rising although I know how worrying it is :hug: everything crossed, keep us posted xx

Hi Hun I've got no experience but wanted to give :hug: really hope everything goes well xxx

Thanks again to everyone for your replies and kind words. Mrs N, it's nice to know that it has worked out well for your friend, that gives me hope. FebMum2Be, sounds like our experiences are similar, although I've not had any pains, your reply has also given me hope that this still can work out ok. I'm glad to hear that all is going well for you now :) I've been for the blood tests this morning I now just have to wait for the results to come though this afternoon. I'm still hopeful that our little one is just taking their time to grow. Fingers crossed! xx

I now have an 18 month old running riot, I hope things work out like mine did :hug: :hug: I will be keeping an eye on this thread xx

i went for an early scan at 6 weeks and they could just see the sac and the yolk, they said i was 5 weeks as couldn't see an embryo, went back at 8.5 weeks and they saw baby with heart beat and told me that i was bang on 8.5 weeks, i was expecting to be a week behind as previously told. good luck, let us know how u get on

yes i had exact same thing with this pregnancy, and empty sac at 6wks 3 days

two weeks late found a baby but really had to zoom in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back