Back from scan

Beth88

Reaction score
Hey,
im back from the scan.. well.. the little sac was there, but it was empty at the moment.. my HCG levels have trippled to over 2000 from 600 :O so im pleased with that.
HOWEVER - they said theyre not pleased that the sac was empty, and they took more blood from me today (as it is 48 hours since the last bloods on sunday) and they want to see if theyve doubled again, just incase. Um and tomorrow theyll give me the results from todays bloods, and possibly need another scan..
Is it normal for the sac to be empty? im not 100% on my dates coz of the contraceptive pill..

yep! my first scan at almost 6 weeks i had a sac but it was empty. i went back just over a week later at 7 weeks pregnant and we saw baby and a heartbeat!

your levels sound good. they would bring you back as a matter of routine until they could identify a heartbeat, then they know that the pregnancy is progressing as it should!

I'm glad to hear your levels are so good.. you must be pretty happy about things :D feeling better?

Hello :wave:

On my first scan the doctor didn't see a thing, not even a sac and sent me off thinking the worst (Ectopic or Blighted Ovum) I was very upset at the time a left with no answers. I was on the pill too so I wasn't 100% sure of my date either.

29 weeks later and I'm pretty sure theres a baby in there :rotfl: :lol: :rotfl:

I hope all is ok with you too and that it's just too early to see LO. :hug:

Alex xxx

I had a scan because of a bleed at 7 weeks and I could just about see a fetal pole with a very tiny flickering heartbeat. She did say that if I'd have been any ealier she wouldn't have been able to see anything but the sac so it could just be that you're a bit to early to see a baby yet

im not too sure on blood levels and all that but doesnt seem like bad news if they've trippled so thats great!

from what iv been told though, its not uncommon to have an empty sack so early on.

it cant be nice but i guess its just a waiting game :hug:

sounds good, i think you were just too early to see anything you will be surprised how much can happen in a week, are they going to scan you again in a week, i think if they do it any sooner than that there is a chance they might be too early again and get you worried more.

Hopefully you are just a bit early to see more than the sac. It sounds like they are doing all they can to reassure you and hopefully you will get some good answers tomorrow :hug:

Keelie - thanks for the pm hun i only just saw it, i didnt know how to read it hahah what a thicko i am..

Well im hoping that iwas was just too early.. she tried to scan my stomach first, with the normal thing, but couldnt see much, so then she did it inside (lucky me :puke: ) and could see the sac..

The levels sound reall good though... i had a really shite experience at the hospital though, wasnt nice at all.. the Doctor, after keeping me waiting for 2 hours came over and said "yeah u need to wait another hour for me to see you. i would let you go now but i cant because its bad news" well i was so upset.. so i sat there foran hour wonder what this bad news was, and then when he saw me he was just like "well its not bad news but we iddnt see anything in the sack yet... so we'll have to check again". stupid man. scared me a lot..

They said they'll call me tomorrow evening, which means that I will call THEM tomorrow evening, about 5pm, to get these blood results back..

Sounds like they are looking after you hon. I think it all sounds normal. My bloods were slightly less than that at about the same time and the doc seemed happy enough with that.

Sounds like they are looking after you hon. I think it all sounds normal. My bloods were slightly less than that at about the same time and the doc seemed happy enough with that.

sounds like they have been good doing the tests! at least they haven't just told you its fine and sent you away!

the doctor was mean though making you wait like that!

when i went for my first scan this time (i was 7 weeks) they conuld only see a sac then i went back 4 days later and there was a heartbeat (they have put me back 8 days atm)

Your bloods sound good hun, they often cant see anything at your stage,they should of mentioned that to put your mind at rest :roll:

Fingers crossed,and look after yourself! :hug:

Oh and that doctor sounds a right w**ker :roll:

Exactly - they SHOULD have said that they may not see anything because of the earliness etc rather than scaring me :( it did upset me when he was like "oh we should be able to see somethig at this stage" etc etc... I'm between 4 and 6 weeks, i know that much. Gosh. Tomorrow evening can't come fast enough..

Beth88 said:
Exactly - they SHOULD have said that they may not see anything because of the earliness etc rather than scaring me :( it did upset me when he was like "oh we should be able to see somethig at this stage" etc etc... I'm between 4 and 6 weeks, i know that much. Gosh. Tomorrow evening can't come fast enough..

i know what you are going through hunny,

Last year i was in same situation, had scan too early then i had blood taken on mon, wed, friday and following mon to check blood levels . the wait between is unbearable.

But keep postive, you got some nice signs all is ok :hug: :hug: :pray: :pray:

Yes I think maybe your just too early to see anything! With your numbers going up like that Im sure everything is just fine! :D
I bet they scan you againe next week or so and then you'll see the babs!! :cheer:

glad to hear you hgc levels have tripled hun thats a great sign prob just too early to see anything yet xxxxxxxxx

I'll be thinking of you. Hope you have good news tomorrow :pray:

Thank you so much girls, you all reassured me so much :hug:

i don't know if i dare ask, but mum2be, did your pregnancy last when you were waiting on your results etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back