?5weeks scan

sassy79

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was so scared that i couldn't get pregnant so i went to my GP and asked to do some blood test and scan to see if i was bale to conceive. I only had the scan done yesterday but last week I did a pregnancy test and it was positive. Yesterday when i went for the scan, the sonographer could see the gestational sac but not the york sac and also he said to me that there's some fluids around my right ovary and that there is also a cyst present. Now am so scared about ectopic pregnancy and not be ing able to conceive. Has anyone done a scan in 5 weeks and how was it??PLease if anyone out there has any experience please let me know. Many thanks.
PS: am also having pain in my right ovary now but not severe or unbearable.
thanks

The cyst on ur ovary is from where the egg was released from, it produces the progesterone baby needs until the placenta takes over around 12 weeks.

As for a scan at 5 weeks, it is usually far to early to see anything just yet, usually from 6 weeks is the best time to check everything. If they found the gestational sac in the right place, the chance of ectopic is low. So I would be happy and say congratulations to u :)

Do u have a follow up scan? The pains from ur ovary are quite normal I had them up to about 7 weeks along with cramps. xx

Last edited:
If they were worried about ectopic they would have told you straight away hunny. 5 weeks is incredibly early to see very much so don't worry about that.

As for the pain, all your internal bits will start moving around to make way for baby and can be uncomfortable. Cysts are pretty much harmless to you and baby, they'll just keep an eye on it at your scans and chances are it will have disappeared of its own accord by your 12 week scan.

Take a deep breath and enjoy being pregnant sweetie. Stressing out this early only sets a trend for sheer panic for the next 8 months :hug: xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much, you don't know how relief i feel already. No have got to see my GP tomorrow to make further arrangement and be referred to the early pregnancy assessment unit.
many thanks again.
xx

Good luck with your gp and am sure everything will be fine. Do you mind me asking how long you were trying for? It took us 10 years....am looking at nursery stuff when I should be checking out local schools lmao xxxxxxxx

thank you so much.

we've been trying for 7months. I know , not that long hein...
I was just so worried as i have my cousins who is still trying to get pregnant. She's been trying for 15years and nothing yet.
xxx

Aawww bless her 15 years is a very long time.....but nothing's impossible, my little womb-squatter is proof of that.

Let us know what the gp says and we are always here to answer questions or just give you a hug hunny xxxxxxx

I agree with the other ladies hun. Congratulations :) try not to worry, I know easier said than done x x

am so please to have joined this forum. I feel so good right now. So am going to put my feet up and enjoy. Thanks to you all lovely ladies out there for your support.
xxxx

Hi Sassy, I also had a scan done this week, and I got even less than you so I think it's perfectly fine! I'm probably just a little bit further behind than I thought. I saw the fluids too, but didn't really know what the dr was talking about much!

Did they explain to you what the fluids were? I wasn't able to see a sac so I'm going back next week, but he seemed fairly happy that they could see the fluid at the top of my uterus.

Congrats though, and try to enjoy it, I'm doing my best to be a calm mummy!!

Am seeing my GP this week. I hope they'll be able to tell me a little bit more.

Hi went to have another scan done yesterday.
They found some more fluids, they were looking for another pregancy outside the uterus they said that could be the case but thankfully they found nothing.
They saw the gestational sac and the york sac inside so that's good news.
Still no heart beat, guess am still on my 5th week.
thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back