Scan at 5 weeks and no yolk sac - is this normal?

SARAHSTAR

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have just been to the hospital for a scan as I am travelling abroad long haul tomorrow and have been having some bad cramps and wanted to make sure all was ok. They did an internal ultrasound but couldn't find any yolk sac and have now taken blood to see if.....
1. it's just to early to see anything 2. Miscarriage 3. Ectopic

They said they'll get back to me this afternoon - I travel at 11am tomorrow

I am now REALLY worried! Anybody had any experiences like this?

Sorry, I haven't had any experience of this but didnt want to read and run. I really hope that they come back to you quickly and with some good news. From what I gather, 5 weeks is still VERY early to have a scan so although it is easier said than done, please try and stay positive, it may be that it was just too early to see anything. Thinking of you. xxx

Thanks Sazzle! It's all this waiting around for news that's horrid. Fingers and toes crossed - thanks for your kind thoughts x

Good luck Hun, let us know how you get on. I've never had an early scan but I'm keeping everything crossed for you!xx

FX everything will be ok, dont worry 5 weeks is still really early, it can sometimes take a little longer for the pregnancy to get established. If you think about it the first two weeks we're not actually pregnant, so its really only a 3 week old pregnancy. I know its easier said than done, but try not to worry. xxx

FX everything is fine, like FirstBabyEek says technically we arn't pregnant for 2 weeks so it is very early, let usk now how you get on this afternoon,

xx

Hospital called wth blood results and said they still couldn't tell what was going on. BHCG is 3954 and Progesterone is 81.5 they need to do more tests over the next few days so they can't say if all is ok or not. Looks like I'm grounded.

Sorry you didnt get a more conclusive answer, have you got to go back? xxx

They've made an appointment for me first thing on Thursday morning for more blood tests and another scan. We've cancelled our flights now but hopefully we'll be able to go again once we know more. Thanks for all your support girls x

Oh babe. It's so hard to be positive when you're faced with this. I had a scan last week and they said I was too early and pregnancy was hiding under my pubic bone so going back this Fri. Been the longest week ever :-( Fx everything is fine for you xxx

Hope all goes well on Thursday, will be keeping my Fx for you.x

Aww Hun what a nightmare, I don't think they can usually see anything until hcg is 6000, which yours should be by Thursday.

I know it must be hard but try not to worry.

Your hcg is a good strong level so that must be a good sign, how many weeks/days are you exactly?

Don't worry about your holiday either,take it as one of those things that's meant to be.

Xx

I only had a sack with no visable till sack.at 6 weeks so try to remain positive

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

That was no visable yolk sack sorry damn phone

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Hi sarah
Sounds like you are in a similar boat to me - my scan this morning at just over 5 weeks had a gestational sac and nothing else yet, and I had cramps all last week. My first scan was 5 days ago and they couldn't see anything. Hopefully your second scan will show something, but it may not for another week or so according to my consultant. The second bloods will hopefully show a HCG rise too. very frustrating waiting - but seeing something is much better than nothing. We both just have to wait it out.
Fingers crossed xx

Just got back from hospital and more blood tests. They're going to ring this afternoon to tell me if my hormone levels are rising as they should. Fingers crossed they are then we can go for another scan next week to hopefully see
something! Come on bean!!!!!!!:pray:

Hi sarah
Sounds like you are in a similar boat to me - my scan this morning at just over 5 weeks had a gestational sac and nothing else yet, and I had cramps all last week. My first scan was 5 days ago and they couldn't see anything. Hopefully your second scan will show something, but it may not for another week or so according to my consultant. The second bloods will hopefully show a HCG rise too. very frustrating waiting - but seeing something is much better than nothing. We both just have to wait it out.
Fingers crossed xx

Kayos - its gonna be a long week!!! Let me know how you get on - it sounds
like we are really similar in our experiences so far! Fingers and toes crossed for you too xxx

Hi ladies, I had the same experience as you, saw gestational sack but nothing else at five weeks, am due for second scan tomorrow morning, very nervous, bit worried as last night and this morning feel like I'm getting mild af like cramps and backache.:(

will be keeping fingers crossed you you!!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back