41 weeks +

yeh sorry ange, just seen it and replied in other thread!

Thanks for your support....I'm trying to just accept my fate now, whatever that is! MW appointment this arvo and am hoping to have a sweep, but haven't had anyone take a look 'down there' as yet so really hoping that there are signs that something is happening and that she can do one! xx

Let us know how u get on babe i cant imagine how frustrated you are :hug:
Ive started to get the 'aint u had that baby yet' comments and tbh its pissing me off already lol!! im not ready for baby to come just get so hoping we have a couple more weeks.. but i dont know if im going to be able to tolerate the constant questioning.. in the end ill be like.. 'do u see a fucking baby????!!!!' :lol:
mil is gonna bug the hell out of me shes the most impatient person ive ever known!! If i agreed to find out the gender tomorrow she would gladly pay the £200 for the scan to find out!!

ha ha ha jayceesmumma you crack me up :) you really made me smile
xxx

Hey girls.....appointment didn't go well :-(

Wasn't my MW (again, haven't seen her for 10 weeks now!)......the mw I had I have seen before and she is ok but was 45mins late and then kept going on about how she wasn't gonna get to leave until 6pm and then when I asked about sweep she said that 'we were all giving her more work to do today'!!! I was pissed off coz I thought to myself I have been no trouble thru the whole pregnancy and now, when I actually really could do with some help and support I am getting this attitude!.....Anyway, bp, urine etc all ok and she tried to do the sweep but couldnt, said that she couldn't reach my cervix and also said that it didn't help that she had short fingers and the couch at the surgery meant I couldn't get in the best position!!! I felt like she didn't really try at all tbh....like she just wanted me out of there.....even OH said he thought she was behaving like that!......So anyway, I've come home and had a good cry about it all! Really beginning to think my LMP dd was correct (2/11/11) and this worries me as I don't want LO being forced out by induction unneccessarily, but at the same time I'm not sure how much more I can take :-(...............Going to day unit at the hospital friday for further assessment and another attempt at sweep, not holding out much hope but OH and I are gonna try and get some answers around dd and whether it is safe to delay being induced or not xx

Sorry to hear it didn't go well and mw was such a moody bitch! It's not ur fault she was running late and she shouldn't take it out on u!!
Hopefully the day unit will be nicer to you and give you some reassurance with ur DD confusion xxx

I feel the same today mum2b, fed up, had a rubbish time at the hospital being told how long am i willing to go without any type of induction... i said the baby wont stay in there forever and i am more concerned over my babys well being than they are. felt pushed into having a scan to check amniotic levels and of course it was normal as expected and so was the monitoring.

Do you have any signs yet mum2b? increase in contractions, plug etc. are you doing anything to induce labour naturally at home?

Ive started taking evening primrose oil capsules (orally and as a pessary) and my cervix is starting to open up etc plus my contractions have been increasing each day since too

Last edited:
Hi Charlotte.... thanks for sharing, I am really not sure what to do for the best!......As for signs I thought that my menstrual cramps were getting worse and that that meant my cervix was doing something, but turns out not!.......I don't understand what the cramps are about!? Not having contractions, haven't lost my plug as far as I'm aware, waters not gone etc etc.....it's thoroughly depressing!..........Does your hospital have a policy on induction? Mine is at 42 weeks, so when I see them on friday (I will be 41+5) I am going to try and get some answers around my due date (which was originally today) and see if they will let me wait a bit longer. I don't want to put LO at risk, but nor do I want him forced out if my body/he just aren't ready!!......As for bringing on labour naturally I have been walking, bouncing on ball, taking RLT and dtd! I have IBS so don't really want to eat crazy amounts of pineapple or have a hot curry!!

You sound like u are being very strong with the hospital about holding off induction.....are they laying it on thick about the risks? I'm not sure I will be able to be as strong as u if they kept telling me there were risks to LO......I'm anxious enough as it is and I really don't want to do the wrong thing either way!

Really hope your LO comes of their own accord soon hun.......and mine! xx

I'm really sorry you're feeling like this hun :( Even though I'm only a day overdue I get it and its not nice, especially for some weird reason throughout my whole pregnancy I felt she was gonna come early :S I dont know why but I got into my head a bit too much I'll admit and thats whats made it harder for me to accept that I might be induced next week! Like you I havent had many things go on (apart from today - that was from doing nipple stimulation for an hour!!), as far as I know I havent lost my plug, cervix was closed at my last check up a week ago, waters not gone etc so I get your frustration. I just hope your LO comes very soon hun and sending massive cyber PF hugs your way xxx

Awww thanks Lauren......it's soooo hard isn't it?! I had strong feelings about him coming early too and feel like a right idiot now!......I so hope u get to have your LO before induction babe! xxx

Thank u ladies sooo much for all your support xx

Very sorry to hear that your sweep didn't go well :( was it very uncomfortable? the mw sounds horrible!! Hope you are more lucky at the day unit! Keep us posted! It can't be much longer now Hun, just hang on there! Xx

Thanks hun......it wasn't too uncomfortable but I hadn't even had an internal before and didn't realise quite how far up she was gonna go! lol! Been quite crampy since so it may have done something.....maybe that's me clutching at straws!

All the best for your induction hun xxx

"Crampy" sounds like a good sign hon - fingers crossed for you it will happen soon. Good look at your appt tomorrow - let us know how you get on.

Hey charlotte- I am supposedly 41+4 today.....original dd (before dating scan) was 2/11/11. I didn;t beleive my dd was 23/10/11 at the time and did question it a bit but noone seemed to think it was an issue being moved 10 days earlier. I don't know exaclty when I conceived but I know it couldn't have been as far back as they reckon as we hadn't even started trying! It's only now that I'm realising what a difference it's making to have a inaccurate date! Gonna discuss it all 2moro and see what they say........do have a date in mind of when u will accept induction hun, or are u just holding off until LO comes if monitoring continues to be ok? xx

im waiting for now and will just go for monitoring, my situation isnt very simple because have had 2 previous c sections so to be induced is not recommended because the strong contractions induction brings on can lead to scar rupture. Im booked in for a home birth so I dont really wana go in the hospital at all unless there is an emergency.

the midwife is coming around tomorrow so im hoping my cervix has opened a little for a sweep

Can't sleep! Been thinking more and more about my dates and thought I'd see if I could work it out.....found a conception calculator via google and turns out my due date is possible- must have got pregnant pretty much on the first go! lol.............So I guess I am almost 42 weeks and therefore probably best to accept induction if needed :-s

Feel silly for doubting my date now but guess I was just clutching at straws wanting to give my body more time to do something!

Due at day unit at 8am- doubt they will be able to do a sweep but I know they will try! I guess they will book me for induction either Sunday or Monday depending on if they do them over the weekend I guess!

Hope your sweep goes well hun xxx

Good luck with your sweep babe lets hope things start moving for you both!

Hi girls!

Well it went as expected really- not able to do sweep! Had a lovely MW (who is actually a friend of my mums) and she reassured me that it's not that uncommon in 1st time mum's for this to happen and that it's not a failing on my part. We discussed induction in quite a lot of detail and we don't have to make our minds up yet but am going back in on Sunday for monitoring and they can induce me then if I want.

OH and I haven't made our minds up yet but am feeling like I will prob go with it.....I don't think I am gonna know if it's the right thing to do one way or another and I have looked into it a lot. I know it's best for some people and not for others, but we have to decide one way or another what's right for us!

OH is back at work and we are both gonna think about it today and talk again tonight. They were really nice at day unit and said to ring if I have anymore questions and I can talk it all thru again Sunday if I want.

On the plus side all my obs were fine and LO was fine.....which is always good to know! xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back