41 weeks +

mum2b410

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is a bit of a pointless thread I'm afraid but I thought it might help me to share how I'm feeling......bit all over the place tbh!

So I'm 41+1 today and LO not looking like he is coming today :-(
Since going overdue I have been really quite depressed but trying to keep my chin up and stay relaxed to try and help labour start. It's so hard when u hit your DD and then nothing happens!

The plan is to see my MW 2moro and I'm going to ask for a sweep....or at least ask her to see if anything is happening down below! Been having a lot more menstrual cramps over the last few days, more intense and some back pain at times so I am hoping that my cervix is doing something to prepare! I am booked in at day unit on friday for a sweep and then I'm guessing they will discuss induction at 42 weeks.

I really, really hope my body is doing something to prepare for labour....sounds stupid but I feel like a bit of a failure! Come all this way and then LO doesn't turn up! I am scared about being induced and since my original DD was 2/11/11 I am planning to discuss with Dr whether I could maybe wait a few days over 42 weeks if LO ok as I am worried about him getting distressed with induction.....and about the pain!

Sometimes I feel excited that whatever happens he will be here soon, then at others I feel soooo depressed that labour hasn't started! Never thought I'd be wishing it on myself!

Have heard that average 1st pregancies go to 10 days overdue.......fx that I have LO before the week is out without induction if poss!!

Hope all those of u that are overdue like me are coping well......I really don't think I'd prepared myself for how hard this part of pregnancy can be! xx

Sorry your fed up and still waiting. Your body hasn't let you down, babies just come when they are ready. Def ask to hold off induction though esp as your dates were 2/11/11, they can monitor you closely, and baby won't stay put forever! We get so focused on due dates but only 5% of babies arrive on that date, they just come when cooked! Ideally I would be having my baby today not a month ago, I really didn't want to be early as I wasn't ready at all! My daughter was 10 days late so know how frustrating all the waiting is though! I would say just enjoy the last few days of having a bump (you will miss it!) and get lots of rest as sleep will be a rare luxury in a few days! Pamper yourself, as things like your hair, makeup and long showers also go out the window with a newborn!

Sorry your fed up and still waiting. Your body hasn't let you down, babies just come when they are ready. Def ask to hold off induction though esp as your dates were 2/11/11, they can monitor you closely, and baby won't stay put forever! We get so focused on due dates but only 5% of babies arrive on that date, they just come when cooked! Ideally I would be having my baby today not a month ago, I really didn't want to be early as I wasn't ready at all! My daughter was 10 days late so know how frustrating all the waiting is though! I would say just enjoy the last few days of having a bump (you will miss it!) and get lots of rest as sleep will be a rare luxury in a few days! Pamper yourself, as things like your hair, makeup and long showers also go out the window with a newborn!

Thanks Sarah, I will try!

Yeh, little Kynon turned up a bit quick in the end didn't he! Hope u are doing well and more settled at home now xx

We're doing ok thanks, getting used to it! Shouldn't be long for you now, never know you might get a little trick or treat baby today!

That would be lovely....but unless my labour is as quick as yours I doubt that will happen! xx

You never know! My first was 4 hours and read quite a lot of other quickie labours on here recently, these October babies didn't want to hang about!

Aw hun i really feel for you, Paige was 10 days over and Jake was 11 days over so im just accepting fate that this one will also be over. Jake was induced and he was fine, didnt cause any stress to him although he did get a bit stuck as i have back to back babies... Fingers crossed Little one comes in the next few days as the pains etc sound promising x

Thanks Nikki.....I know I'm not the first or the last to go thru the waiting but I'm not very patient at the best of times and feel on such a rollercoaster of emotions!

Fx that the pains turn into labour soon......they are getting worse at times (in waves) and better at others rather than constant which is what I was having a few days ago.....don't feel that there anything I can time tho yet xx

I have my Fx for you. It does sound promising that they are coming in waves though so who knows. I would say go for the sweep as if your body is ready it will deffo move things along. I had mine at exactly 40 weeks with paige but she wasnt going anywhere. Never bothered with Jake but think i will ask for one this time. Good luck and hope baby is here for you soon. xx

Thanks, I will hopefully get sweep tomorrow and go from there......hope u don't end up too far over with this one when u get there xx

Im going to start hula hooping on the wii fit at 38 weeks, couple of mums on here said that started them off or broke their waters! Lol x

oooo, maybe I should try (altho I don't have a wii!) lol!

lol just pretend to hula hoop, u may look a bit odd but nevermind lol x

I know exactly how you feel hon - we shared the same due date and I have had no action at all! My cousin was due 5 days after me and I have just had the text to say her baby has arrived!

I am trying to plan at least one thing in everyday to keep me occupied. I am also going t see my midwife tomorrow and was told last week she will do a sweep. Fingers crossed for both of us, and everyone else waiting.

I wonder if I can get a refund on the little pumpkin slippers I had waiting?!:)

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be :hug: its a good idea to try to treat yourself each day though to try to pass the time. When I start maternity leave I may try to treat myself each week to pass the time til l/o arrives - if I don't go early.

Hope u aren't kept waiting too long xx

oh Im with you on this one mum2b and Im only 1 day late.... I feel frustrated to be honest mostly withthe fact that my OH booked this week off thinking I would be on timeish and am now worried its not going to be til next week, he will have to go back to work (wont be on paternity) and Ill be left to cope with my 2 yr old on my own.

The other thing is the phones calls and texts have started..... you know the "oh havent you had it yet, get a move on" which is fine as I know people are just concerned and some are just trying to be whitty but still, its bloody annoying. My poor mum....my MW appointment was late by an hour, then they wanted to monitor me then I had to get home and in that time I got 2 texts and a phone call from my mum I had to say to my step dad please tell her to stop worrying I will tell her if there is anything to report or to be concerned about.

Phew sorry I properly hi-jacked your thread here xxx

That's quite alright hun.....it's kinda good to know I'm not on my own on this one! I have had 4 different people today on the text front, 3 yesterday, and similar numbers for about 2 weeks now- altho I know they are just excited/concerned there is really nothing I can do and nothing I can say (it's not the same people texting everyday so they don't know that I've had 3 other people also asking me 'how I'm doin?' but it is driving me barmy!) I wont answer the phone now as I can't handle the questions, I just let the answerphone get it and OH to ring them back! lol!

Excited.....bless u hun, I hope u can get a refund on the pumpkin slippers! Fx that we both have good MW appointments 2moro and that things progress soon! xx

Im over due too! it is very hard to be patient but it wont be in there forever. due dates are not accurate so give yourself a new one to look forward to.

you dont have to be induced its your choice... I have an appointment 2moro just for monitoring on the machine and I said that once i am over due i will only have sweeps and go for monitoring. ive been pushed in to 2 unnecessary c sections so this time im putting my foot down!

Good for u hun.....I'm planning to discuss this with the Dr when it comes to booking induction.....if LO is ok and my body is starting to do something I will try and wait and go for monitoring.....I'm just not sure if it'll be the best thing if my body hasn't even started to do anything by the end of the week......don't want to put LO at more risk! xx

aw hun just noticed this thread that your overdue,just asked u in my other thread u replied to when u were due.u must be sooo frustrated.with my first i went a full 3 weeks over,they gave me an induction date finally and he decided to get a shift on himself the night b4 thankgod.i couldnt believe they let me go that long,he was fine when he did come just really bad dry peeling skin for a while but they said thats really common when theyve been so late.chin up hun..im sure it will be any time for u now.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back