38 +6 weeks and sweep

K&A

Reaction score
Well...

i had my bloody show friday night and have been having pains since.. i went to my mw appointment today and had a sweep.. lovely mw.. but oh dear the sweep made me so dizzy.. i am now losing abit of blood which the mw said was normal.. to a certain amount.. she thinks LO will be here within next couple of days..

eeekkk x

Woo hoo fingers crossed this week sees a baby boom!

glad you got your sweep fingers crossed not much longing you may even have your own little pumpkin in time for halloween!!
fingers crossed i wont be that far behind you, been having pains today every 10/15mins today loads of back, show and been running to the loo!! im sure it will stop but you never know!!

november babies are on there way i hope. keep me posted lovely x

Hope this is it hun and baby doesn't keep u waiting too long hun x x

hope it get things started for you! know what your saying about the sweep, not my cup of tea i thought i was gonna throw up on her! what a uncomfy feeling.

x

A sweep is very uncomfortable - the mw lubed her fingers and pushed them up very very far.. it takes your breath away.. i went very dizzy (lucky i was lying down) but the mw spoke to me alot as she knows she has to keep you calm otherwise you will tense your muscles and it makes it harder for them. but it was great news she got 2 fingers in and touched LO'S head :D id recommend sweep to anyone, no harm in trying x

hope it works for u hun! seems like im going to be the only one left with no baby x

Good Luck huni you are a brave lady!! Its not nice what has to happen but hopefully will work . Hope you go soon and we have pics of your beautiful ba!!xx

I am booked in for one on 18th if no baby by then... was she looking at your face or lady bits? haha. I am so nervous about it.... not that I will have any dignity pushing bubs out but just feel so awkward! lol.

Last edited:
Oh wow, thta does sound exciting tho like it's done something. Anyone know why they do the sweeps before term, as she thinks your baby will arrive in next few days now , but your only 38 plus?

I am booked in for one on 18th if no baby by then... was she looking at your face or lady bits? haha. I am so nervous about it.... not that I will have any dignity pushing bubs out but just feel so awkward! lol.

aww.. She looked at my face as she was talking to me trying to keep me calm so i didn't tense up. But oh yeah dignity goes straight out the window :) x

Oh wow, thta does sound exciting tho like it's done something. Anyone know why they do the sweeps before term, as she thinks your baby will arrive in next few days now , but your only 38 plus?

what she did was ask how i was getting along so i told her so she offered to have a feel up there :shock: so i said ok. Then she said i was coming along great. Something about getting two fingers in somewhere and touching babies head and then she said im going to do the sweep so starting breathing out x

Mu last hospital visit they booked me in for one 3 days after my due date and I was like ' I definitley wont be attending that appointment I will be away by then!' . Now I,ve prob cursed myself and will go overdue!!lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back