sweep today or tomorrow! *updated - had sweep*

Glad it went well flopsy! Hoping you go into labour soon hun. Xx

yeyyyy... thats so exciting hope its sooner rather than later :) good luck! xxx

Glad it went well flopsy! Fingers crossed it gets things moving xxx

ooo exciting stuff.

im going to ask mw tomorrow about a sweep as nothing has been mentioned at all at the mo. xxx

I don't think i will get a sweep until i am a week late. She hasn't mentioned anything anyways :( Did it really hurt bad? Sounds like you will have your baby soon hun, good luck. xxx

It was painful yes. I found it painful anyway - even though my cervix was soft and 1.5cm dilated already. He was quite vigorous and I have been having brownish discharge since like at the end of your period and cramps in my back like period pains that have got worse since I had the sweep. But I know you can get the cramps after the sweep but they die off to nothing so dont want to get my hopes up too much.

I am chuffed that baby is now fully engaged within the space of a week and that my cervix had started to dilate already before the sweep.

xx

Hopefully a woman will be less rough lol!
Yeah you can spot after a sweep but still good signs :)
I think it will definitely be the next few days for you. xxx

Last edited:
These cramps are hurting. I have started wring down the times they start. They arent lasting long but they do build up then tail off. I just dont know whether that is normal or whether it may lead to something.

Can anyone who's had a sweep help?
xx

Oooh hun, I've never had a sweep before, but I think you're doing the right thing by recording the timings of the cramp like pains just in case that's you going into labour. Aww I really hope the sweep works for you! x

Me too!! It wasn't a pleasant experience to have for nothing - especially with these pains after!

Xx

Oooh, glad it all went well, albeit with a bit of pain! I've never had a sweep but the pains that tail off sound promising! You're definitely doing the right thing by timing them! xxx

Last edited:
Oh can't believe things are on the move... best of luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back