Anxiety

libs said:
Oh hun - you just answered all your own questions :hug: you don't have to prove anything to anyone. You achieve what you want to achieve and that's it - sod the rest of the world. I think you need to be really honest with yourself and your partner and decide what your priorities are and put your energy there for a while. I can guess the answer :wink: , can you not reduce your hours at work to relieve a little of the pressure even if only temporarily? It's not failure, just because women have the choice to do everything doesn't mean you have to to be a success.
How can anyone see you as a failure when you hold down a job, have a baby and a partner and home. There's the rest of your life to work and achieve, you don't have to do it all now and noone else needs to know you found it difficult to cope, tell them you want more time with your family so you are making the decision - a positive choice rather than failure

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I would love to do that but im currently only working 17.5hrs a week as it is and start my new job next Monday which is practically full time because I longed for the career and Its great money. I think I really need to sit down with my OH and try and sort things out like my anxiety and problems, instead of brushing it all aside like I do and try and carry on like its all normal when really to put it bluntly I feel like cr*p inside

Thank you for all helping me, I really appreciate it :hug:

Princess_Puddles said:
Has anyone got anxiety? if you do how do you cope with your symptoms?

I was trapped in anxiety, panick attacks etc for several years

to tell you the truth its ruining my life, the doctors wont give me any anxiety tablets

Have you seen a consultant psychiatrist recently? If not you need to get your doc to refer you again. Some GPs are loathe to give people diazepam etc which is mean as they really help. If you see a consultant he may do so, or if not give you something with less risk of addiction that can really help. An anti depressant can help, or a tiny amount of major tranquilizers which aren't addictive, but only a consultant really knows about prescribing.

I got over it by means of counselling, and a sort of exposure therapy (if I felt panicky whilst shopping I would not let it make me go home but not give it headroom and carry on shopping. It's hard at first but it stops it ruling your life. But I probably couldn't have done that before having the counsellor to let off steam to and boost my self-esteem. I went through a charity rather than a GP, look in your phone book, there are quite a few, plus with you not working full time they might give you a discount. Your GP may also have a mental health worker/counsellor at the practice, who is free with hardly any waiting list.. You might not know whether there's one there or not until you ask.:)

Best wishes and hang on in there- anxiety can make you feel completely trapped and despairing, but eventually it will pass.

One thing I will say is about work- if it genuinely doesn't suit you- don't. Though you seem to be doing ok with it. But work makes me suicidal, I end up in hospital, as I have a low tolerance to stress. I'm registered disabled due to long term depression etc. There's no shame in being ill, despite what people might say, we can't really help it. But I do ok at the mo :)

Good luck. Anxiety doesn't make you a bad person or mum. On the contrary it can make you a kinder person and more compassionate to others who are struggling. :hug:

Princess_Puddles said:
Has anyone got anxiety? if you do how do you cope with your symptoms?

Im asking because my phobia of being sick has turned in anxiety and to tell you the truth its ruining my life, the doctors wont give me any anxiety tablets and because of that I'm finding it so hard to cope with & the constant symptoms like feeling sick, stomach cramps, chest pain, heart palpatations, lump in throat...etc...the list goes on. I want to be a normal Mummy to Harrison but while I've got this I can't :( Sorry kinda waffled on there. Any advice would be great, thank you,

Mica

I feel exactly the same when I check all my plugs and electrical equipment about 20 times before I leave the house :roll:

It got better when I was given anxiety tablets, but now I am pregnant, it was recommended I come off them, so I have slipped back to my old ways.

Sorr I couldn't be more help, just wanted you to know you're not alone :hug:

But I'd try hard to get some anxiety tablets if you can, they really helped me, ask to see another doctor. Hope you get it sorted hun

XXX

Hi honey,

It sounds as though you are having a really difficult time :hug: For what it is worth, I completely agree with GGG and the others...you have achieved so much and I get the impression that you are a wonderful and caring mum!!

I would like to stress Happy Chick's suggestion about Cognative Behviour Therapy. I have suffered from anxiety attacks for many years now, to the point where it affected every part of my life. I have been on medication for a long time, which is wonderful and can help you to calm down. However, drugs only dampen the feelings and don't actually get rid of the problem.
I tried Hyponotherapy...that was quite good, but Happy Chick suggested CBT back in March because I wanted to come off my meds to TTC again.

I am sooooo grateful to her for her suggestion. The therapy is going incredibly well, I am learning a lot about the way my body works and reacts to situations and emotions. I am becoming really good at stopping anxiety attacks in their path and it has given me a whole new lease of life....I can go to the cinema now and sit in the middle of the row. I can go to the country side without worrying that I am too far from a hospital if I have a heart attack. It is really really really worth going. Nothing has worked as well as CBT. Your doctor can arrange for treatment on the NHS or it can be done privately.

Anxiety is a serious, life debiliatating condition. You are dealing with so much at the moment and you need help to feel better.

If you ever need a sympathetic ear or a friend to chat to, please do pm me.

Lots and lots of hugs sweetie :hug: :hug: :hug:
Michelle
xxx

Happybunny said:
Hi honey,

It sounds as though you are having a really difficult time :hug: For what it is worth, I completely agree with GGG and the others...you have achieved so much and I get the impression that you are a wonderful and caring mum!!

I would like to stress Happy Chick's suggestion about Cognative Behviour Therapy. I have suffered from anxiety attacks for many years now, to the point where it affected every part of my life. I have been on medication for a long time, which is wonderful and can help you to calm down. However, drugs only dampen the feelings and don't actually get rid of the problem.
I tried Hyponotherapy...that was quite good, but Happy Chick suggested CBT back in March because I wanted to come off my meds to TTC again.

I am sooooo grateful to her for her suggestion. The therapy is going incredibly well, I am learning a lot about the way my body works and reacts to situations and emotions. I am becoming really good at stopping anxiety attacks in their path and it has given me a whole new lease of life....I can go to the cinema now and sit in the middle of the row. I can go to the country side without worrying that I am too far from a hospital if I have a heart attack. It is really really really worth going. Nothing has worked as well as CBT. Your doctor can arrange for treatment on the NHS or it can be done privately.

Anxiety is a serious, life debiliatating condition. You are dealing with so much at the moment and you need help to feel better.

If you ever need a sympathetic ear or a friend to chat to, please do pm me.

Lots and lots of hugs sweetie :hug: :hug: :hug:
Michelle
xxx

Wow hun im so pleased to hear that it is working so well for you. It really did for me too and it changed my life considerably, i felt like I got my life back! We need to catch up Happybunny, havent spoken to you for so long!

I have some info that I have been given if anyone would like it just PM me as im going to scan it into my computer anyway. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back