Anxiety

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
Has anyone got anxiety? if you do how do you cope with your symptoms?

Im asking because my phobia of being sick has turned in anxiety and to tell you the truth its ruining my life, the doctors wont give me any anxiety tablets and because of that I'm finding it so hard to cope with & the constant symptoms like feeling sick, stomach cramps, chest pain, heart palpatations, lump in throat...etc...the list goes on. I want to be a normal Mummy to Harrison but while I've got this I can't :( Sorry kinda waffled on there. Any advice would be great, thank you,

Mica

im so sorry hun I cant offer you any advice, but I will say change your doctor! Anxiety should be taken seriously so your doctor isnt very good by the sounds of it, and you have the right to change your doctor at anytime with or without a reason :hug: :hug: :hug:

glitzyglamgirl said:
im so sorry hun I cant offer you any advice, but I will say change your doctor! Anxiety should be taken seriously so your doctor isnt very good by the sounds of it, and you have the right to change your doctor at anytime with or without a reason :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thats ok, hmmm...I am considering it, the thing thats stopping me is the thought that the new doctor wont do anything either

happy_chick said:
Hiya hun, Have you ever heard of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? Its really good for things like anxiety and it helped me loads when I was suffering quite bad with it.

Here's some info on it: http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthin ... erapy.aspx

Thank you hun, I have thought about this but I don't know if anyone in my area does it :think: do you know what the price ranges are?

I suffer from anxiety hun, my chest goes really tight, heart palpatations, i just wait for it to pass as i have told my doctor and they dont help me :hug:

Mel&Hope said:
I suffer from anxiety hun, my chest goes really tight, heart palpatations, i just wait for it to pass as i have told my doctor and they dont help me :hug:

Oh hun :hug:

Eveyday I look forward to going home to bed because I know as soon as I wake up in the morning i'll feel better, but it never lasts, not a day goes by anymore that I even feel a little bit ok, Its getting to the point where I'm getting severly depressed :cry: and I have no where to turn. I hate having to look after Harry on my own because if I feel ill it makes me feel worse because i'm letting him down, I rarely spend time with him anymore :cry: Im going to book into the local Hypnotherapist today for one day next week hopefully it will help me :pray:
Sorry to ramble on, I just have no one else to talk to, my Mum thinks im being stupid, Tim doesn't understand and my friends don't want to know

oh hun you can always come here to talk about it, you dont have to go through it alone :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mica if you ever need to talk to some one im always here, i understand how you feel and i dont mind chatting if you need to :hug:

Thank you ladies, Im sitting here blubbing like a baby now, It's nice to know I can say how I feel for once. I never know if i'm coming or going anymore. So many people look up to me for being 17, having a baby, having my own place, having a great job, paying my own bills etc.. but I feel bad because I put on this front when really I feel like im dieing inside, im not me anymore :cry:

its a horrible feeling isnt it, it makes you feel like ur no good, it makes me feel worthless to others and that i should be able to deal with it but its not that easy :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job but you are also putting a lot of pressure on yourself and you are trying to live up to some very high expectations! In that case its not atall surprising you feel the way you do, thats a tough situation for anyone but especially so when your still young.

You need to take some of the pressure off babe.

You are allowed to have a hard time, you are allowed to feel like its sometimes too much, and your allowed to wish things were easier. Your also allowed to drop the front now and again and throw a sicky, spend the day curled up on the sofa with your little one and to hell with everyone else. But the most important thing babe is that your allowed to be 17!!

You need to sit your OH down and tell him exactly how you feel, and that sometimes you need to let off steam, get your mum to babysite and go out and do the things you used to do before you had her, and forget being a mum for one night and just be you and have fun!

It sounds simple but you need to allow yourself to be who you are, no-one is supermum and no-one expects us to be :hug: :hug:

glitzyglamgirl said:
It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job but you are also putting a lot of pressure on yourself and you are trying to live up to some very high expectations! In that case its not atall surprising you feel the way you do, thats a tough situation for anyone but especially so when your still young.

You need to take some of the pressure off babe.

You are allowed to have a hard time, you are allowed to feel like its sometimes too much, and your allowed to wish things were easier. Your also allowed to drop the front now and again and throw a sicky, spend the day curled up on the sofa with your little one and to hell with everyone else. But the most important thing babe is that your allowed to be 17!!

You need to sit your OH down and tell him exactly how you feel, and that sometimes you need to let off steam, get your mum to babysite and go out and do the things you used to do before you had her, and forget being a mum for one night and just be you and have fun!

It sounds simple but you need to allow yourself to be who you are, no-one is supermum and no-one expects us to be :hug: :hug:

Thank you hun for your reply, You are right in everything you said there. Thank you for listening to me and helping me, it means so much to me it really does :hug: :hug:

Princess_Puddles said:
http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthin ... erapy.aspx[/url]

Thank you hun, I have thought about this but I don't know if anyone in my area does it :think: do you know what the price ranges are?[/quote:2bfuf2wl]

I got mine free on the NHS hun, maybe worth asking about it? I think its around £60 for an hour near me for private and you may need a few session but mine REALLY helped me and now I can control them and they dont rule my life so its a small price to pay.

happy_chick said:
http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthin ... erapy.aspx[/url]

Thank you hun, I have thought about this but I don't know if anyone in my area does it :think: do you know what the price ranges are?[/quote:3cmx5emt]

I got mine free on the NHS hun, maybe worth asking about it? I think its around £60 for an hour near me for private and you may need a few session but mine REALLY helped me and now I can control them and they dont rule my life so its a small price to pay.[/quote:3cmx5emt]

Thats not too bad, Im not sure my NHS do it, but then again as you know my doctor isn't very helpful. I have booked another appointment with him for next week and am going to push as hard as i can. Thank you :hug:

I completely agree with GGG - it sounds like you've set yourself up to achieve everything, but all those anxieties and doubts and stresses have to come out somewhere. :hug: Usually it isn't the thing that you're afraid of that actually causes it.

I suffered from anxiety terribly a few years back. I'd just got (I thought :roll: ) the job of my dreams, youngest person ever to do it, quickest promotion etc etc. A few months later it all went wrong - nothing to do with me (I eventually accepted) - but because I NEVER failed at anything, it basically made me a nervous wreck. Mine became anxiety at meeting people, talking to people, basically leaving the house :? I tried tablets which for me made me worse, and instead took a little time out (only 2 weeks) and my DH packed me off for a weekend at a friend's house who was at uni to relax, stay up late, get up late etc and took me on a few v relaxing days out. It took time, but things improved. It still comes back now and then, I was thinking about this job earlier and could feel myself getting panicky. :oops: But I don't think anyone who knows me now would ever describe me as someone who is shy or afraid of people :wink: and the added bonus is that I'm no longer scared of failing something and not being the achiever everyone wants me to be. Now I'm just happy :D

oh Mica hun, i am so sorry you are feeling like this, do you think you could have a touch of post natal depression as well as the anxiety?
my sister suffers from anxiety & is still on tablets, so i know how awful it can be for a sufferer.
hope you get the help you deserve babe :hug: :hug:

Thank you for all your replies, I know I am trying to acheive everything but I feel if I don't I'm going to be a failure, I wanted to go to college and acheive a great career but then I fell pregnant, people told me i'd ruined my life etc.. but I was so happy, I imagined how everything would be..but it didn't/hasn't gone how I imagined it, I dont want people to see the upset falling to bits me because I dont want them to know that they were right (Im not saying I agree with them and that i've ruined my life because not for a second do I think that but I know they would think that I had - if that makes sense : think: ) so I carry on putting on this front. I feel like things are never going to change, I can do things to help it like go out with Tim for the night or my friends but then it all comes back again and it knocks me back even further and I'm gradually having less and less strength to fight this illness. I want so much and I want it all now, I wish I wasn't like this but for some reason I don't feel like time is on my side anymore :cry:

Oh hun - you just answered all your own questions :hug: you don't have to prove anything to anyone. You achieve what you want to achieve and that's it - sod the rest of the world. I think you need to be really honest with yourself and your partner and decide what your priorities are and put your energy there for a while. I can guess the answer :wink: , can you not reduce your hours at work to relieve a little of the pressure even if only temporarily? It's not failure, just because women have the choice to do everything doesn't mean you have to to be a success.
How can anyone see you as a failure when you hold down a job, have a baby and a partner and home. There's the rest of your life to work and achieve, you don't have to do it all now and noone else needs to know you found it difficult to cope, tell them you want more time with your family so you are making the decision - a positive choice rather than failure

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back