1st time TTC,36 day cycle and short(ish) luteal phase and needing some advice!

Taboo917

Reaction score
Hi,:wave:

My name's Laura and I decided to join the forum because I could just do with (anyone's) advice on my cycle and if there's anything I can do or am doing wrong! Hope I'm posting this in the right place but please let me know if not.

I came off the pill in July after 10 years and started TTC properly in September, my cycle has regulated since October and is generally 36 days (I don't know if this is a problem in itself? It is for me because it means waiting so damn long in between tries but aside from that...?)

This month I tried using the OPK sticks for the first time...the apps I use on my phone had said I would ovulate between Christmas Eve and 27th but I didn't get the surge until the 30th December so I obviously ovulate quite late (well in that cycle anyway). I also got the same strength surge on 31st and then it disappeared on 1st so I'm not sure when that would mean I ovulated?

We dtd on 21st, 22nd, 24th, 27th and 30th December and 1st January so probably not frequently enough/at the right times...we're still getting used to it all as it's a bit of a change from our old (and quite infrequent!) routine

I started AF yesterday *sigh* so I think that means I only have a luteal phase (LP?) of about 11 or 12 days I think? I'm not sure again if that's enough or if it's too short?

I was reading about agnus castus and how that can help with fertility so am thinking about trying that if anyone has ever tried that?

I could just do with any advice out there...my best friends have both had babies this year, one fell pregnant the first attempt and the second after 3 months so I am feeling pretty useless and frustrated! :wall2:

Thanks in advance...
Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back