Short luteal phase

tootsieb

Reaction score
I'm so glad I've found this site, there's a wealth of information here. Anyway, my luteal phase is only 10 days long according to my chart on fertility friend - I can't work out how to link to it to show you. I'm really concerned that this isn't long enough, is one month's cycle enough to go on or should I wait until a few more have passed before I approach my GP? I'm 39 and am worried about running out of time :(

Your luteal phase should be at least 10 days long to result in a pregnancy, so if yours is 10 days long then you still have a chance of getting pg. Good luck x

Oh thanks for that, I got a bit panicky (again, TTC is taking over my life and my sanity) when I read the FAQS about BBT CM and whatever, I can't remember, in the sticky above. It says a luteal phase of less than 12 days is a cause of infertility and scared me. I must wean myself off the internet and clean, having a dirty house isn't going to help anything :lol:

hi hun- 10 days is a shortish luteal phase but should be long enough to sustain a pregnancy. i understand u are worried though due to ur age (really hope that doesn't sound rude i just can't think of any other way to put it! :hug: ) how many months have u been ttc/charting? if its over 3 i would go to see ur gp just in case and express ur concerns. i believe if u are over 35 they will begin investigation early and u don't have to wait until uv been trying for a year- correct me if i'm wrong anybody!!
i don't know much about luteal phase defect but if u do a search on here i believe it comes up quite a lot so u may find out some useful info.
would be really useful to see ur chart though. i'm not too sure how u make it public but if u look through this months chartstalkers thread (i know there is a lot of pages!) i'm sure its been explained in there how to do this recently. :hug:

xxx

found this in the nhs guidelines:
1.2.2.3 People who have not conceived after 1 year of regular
unprotected sexual intercourse should be offered further
clinical investigation including semen analysis and/or
assessment of ovulation.
1.2.2.4 Where there is a history of predisposing factors (such
as amenorrhoea, oligomenorrhoea, pelvic inflammatory
disease or undescended testes), or where a woman is
aged 35 years or over, earlier investigation should
be offered.

so if u have any worries go and talk it over with ur gp and they should offer some help :hug:
xxx

I think I will make an appointment to see my GP, I am worried for no good reason really other than my age and the fact that I was diagnosed with PCOS years ago. This is only our second month of trying, and I know it's really not a long time but it's so difficult to get it all into perspective, especially when hubby is as keen as, if not keener than me for a baby.

Thanks for listening :)

i would hun if i were u. if u have pcos they will do investigation e.g blood tests/scan early anyway.i would also tell the doctor u have been trying for 4/5 months anyway :fib: but i'm sure because of ur age/pcos they will want to send u for tests if u request them. i'm sure everything is fine but it will put ur minds at rest.
good luck
xx

just fyi - To make your chart public and add a link, go to your chart on FF and go to the 'Sharing' link and then 'Home Page Setup'. The link to share your chart is on the top of that page - just copy and paste it wherever you want. :)

hi!
is this ur first month charting on ff?
looks like u may ovulate soon as ur temp is going down- fingers crossed!!
u may want to join our chartstalkers thread- we all chart using ff and we keep an eye on each others charts- u can ask lots of questions and we will try to help!! i think if i were u i would see how this cycle goes as ur close to ovulation and if there are any signs of anything wrong then go to ur gp. i'll keep an eye on ur chart if u like!!
good luck! :hug:
xx

Aw puds thanks a million for your offer, I will join chart stalkers and would really appreciate any advice:)

I have been charting on FF since about the middle of last month, and am still trying to make sense of it lol

When I was TTC, I had a luteal phase on the shorter side of normal. 11/12 days. I got pregnant OK. 6/7 months of trying with first and pregnant 3rd month of trying with the second.

I too convinced myself that I had a short luteal phase, the internet can be a dangerous thing sometimes.

Try not to worry and good luck TTC

Thank you everyone, I've only been here a short while and you've all been so friendly and helpful :) THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back