Long luteal phase

jiffylemon

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I've been looking for information on long luteal phases and the effects/problems it can cause but i've not been able to find anything out , all i can find is about problems with a short luteal phase. A few months i have had a long cycle (today cd 44, 19 dpo). I've read that the luteal phase normally stays at 14 days so in a long cycle it's ov that is later but i def ov on day 25. If there is a long luteal phase, would this mean that implantation would take longer?? i'm clutching at straws really......hoping that i could still be pregnant even though another bfn this morning.

Any ideas???

xxxxxxxx

Are you saying that all of your past cycles have had luteal phases this long as well?

hi

no my last cycle that was 35 days i had a normal LP, it is only when i have cycles which are over 40 days, i ov much later but LP is also much longer. It's so confusing :?

Ok, basically your luteal phase should not vary by more than 1 day ever, unless you're actively doing something to lengthen in (such as taking medication or a herbal remedy). It's possible that you were actually pregnant but miscarried for whatever reason, and that is what lengthened your luteal phase. This can often happen, and if you didn't know exactly when you ovulated, you'd never know it, so it's good that you do! If you don't already, I'd suggest temping as this will give you at least some idea whether your temps are HIGH and the luteal phase is extended or whether they're low (or fluctuate between the two) and there's a progesterone problem there.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but I hope everything gets sorted for you, hon! :hug:

Thanks melissa, that's really helpful. I'm definately going to temp next cycle, just waitin on the witch to show up!

Melissa you are a walking ttc encyclopaedia!!!! Clever girl!

Haha - the skills of a misspent youth, perhaps...or I've been to so many doctors and done so much research that it was bound to stick eventually! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back