Luteal Phase length concern

sunnyday said:
I think the fact your Dr said 'at least you are ovulating' in regard to your luteal legnth just shows how mis-informed she is!

Yes, it is a good thing you are ovulating, but if you do have a short luteal phase then even if an egg gets fertilized it won't have time to embed properly as your period starts that little bit too early.

I generally find GPs a complete waste of time when it comes to fertility, they really don't have a clue. I found the book 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' by Toni Wheschler an absolute godsend and it helped me to achieve pregnancy within a couple of cycles. Its also got a tear out section at the back specifically to give to your Dr (as the book recognises that most Dr's are rubbish when it comes to fertility).

Personally I would go and see another GP who knows what they are talking about!!!!

Thanks for the advice :hug: Have just ordered the book :)

Moofa - i too loads of potions while we were TTC.

The first few months i took nothing then i went a bit extreme and took magic medicine and Evening primrose oil (think it was that - the one that increases your CM) and then i started taking Agnus Castus. Think i had been taking Agnus Castus for about 5 months. I would have sent you the Agnus Castus i have left but i only have two tablets left so not worth it

I really hope you ladies all get your BFP's soon x x x

Hi

I got home last night and DH found this , a fertility course http://www.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/disp ... d_bees.php

We may go along and I can then ask them about my luteal phase, it says Staff helping on the pre-conceptual care course include a doctor, fertility nurse, dietician, complementary therapists and counsellors.

They will discuss the menstrual cycle and natural fertility, explore healthy diets and exercise plans in preparation for conception and pregnancy, complementary therapies, and how to deal with stress.

So anyone near Oxford may consider going :)

Mx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back