1 positive and 2 negatives

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by clarep1905, Nov 29, 2016.

1. clarep1905

clarep1905 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

So I'm 2 days late and approx 15dpo. I took a first response this morning and a faint positive came up within a couple of minutes. I had some Morrisons tests and Ebay cheapies too so I thought I'd do one of those as well.. Both of which are negative. Even though the eBay cheapie is supposed to be more sensitive than the first response! At 2 days late and 15dpo shouldn't it show up on these tests too? At around this time with my first pregnancy, the lines were so strong so feeling a bit concerned.. Could it maybe just be a bit early to show on the others? I've posted the photo below..hoping it will show up ok!

Attached Files:

#1 clarep1905, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  2. Syd43

Syd43 Well-Known Member

It could be a number of things Clare. I had this last month and it was a chemical, weirdly I was getting positives on less sensitives tests (got 1-2 on a digi) and negatives on internet cheapies, I had a blood test which showed I was pregnant but the repeat 48 hrs later showed levels were dropping. When I got pregnant a couple of months earlier (miscarried at 8 weeks) I had much darker lines on the day af was due.

However, it could just be that for you it's still early. I'm not sure that sensitivities on these tests are all that accurate. Most people would expect to get a clear line by 15dpo but not all, some don't show until much later. I find the following link useful:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/dpo-chart.php?dpo=15

Unfortunately all you can do at this stage is wait a couple of days and test again, I know how frustrating that is I really hope it's just a slow starter and everything is fine for you. Good luck.

3. clarep1905

Thanks Syd..I'm sorry to hear of your losses. I just have a hunch that things aren't right.. Perhaps I'll wait a day or two and test again..
    Thank you for that link, I'll have a look at that x

4. Hoping4Rainbow

Hoping4Rainbow Well-Known Member

Clare, is it just me? but I can see a faint line on the central test too!? Good luck my lovely, all fingers and toes crossed it is just a little bit early for you! But a positive is a positive sweetheart!!! xx

How are you feeling??
    AF due today for me and my AF-like tummy heaviness has kinda turned into/reminds me a bit of how my tummy felt in early pregnancy. Kinda sore and numb deep deep inside and much much lower. But it might just be all in my head. Too scared to test yet xx

#4 Hoping4Rainbow, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  5. clarep1905

Well after it dried I could actually see a line on the middle one! Its so weird that the internet cheapie that is supposed to be the most sensitive didn't show anything though?! I really hope its maybe just too early and I possibly ovulated later than I thought.. I'm going to buy some superdrug early ones tonight too..

Yes I feel ok, nervous! Symptoms wise I feel bloated and have got like pinching sensations in the left hand side of my pelvis..no cramps or anything..

Oh I so hope this is your month..I know how you feel about not wanting to test too early and get your hopes up though..Please keep us updated! x

6. Sunnydays

Sunnydays Well-Known Member

I can see a definite line on the middle one aswell.

7. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

I see a line on all of them xx

8. clarep1905

I did take another photo after about 10 minutes and I think I can see a faint line on the top one but I'm not sure if it is an evap line or not..Still can't see anything on the bottom line though! See what tomorrow morning brings I guess..

Attached Files:

9. Salley

Salley Well-Known Member

The eBay tests can be defective. I've had a bad batch before. I'd get a blood test to confirm.

10. clarep1905

Oh ok..Am I better off waiting and seeing if tests get darker first? I'm guessing I'd need to go to the Docs for that?

11. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

Doctors are not very willing to do bloods unless you have an absent period with no explanation, they will prob just tell you to repeat preg test. The cheapies are not v reliable and some women don't get lines on them til quite late xx

12. ams25

ams25 Well-Known Member

I see 2 positives and 1 negative; id say it's looking hopeful! Xx

13. clarep1905

Thanks All..I think I might abandon the cheapies and just use First response and try Superdrug too.. This part is so agonising as you just don't know whats going on!