3 Positives on Predictor, 2 Negatives on First Response!!

samargn

Reaction score
Hi. This is my first post here. I am SO confused. AF due today. Predictor tests taken with FMU Sunday, Tuesday and today - all positive within the time limit, with today's being slightly darker and coming up slightly quicker. BUT First Response (also taken with FMU on Sunday and today) completely negative! The sensitivity on both boxes is listed at 12.5. I thought FR were meant to be the best. So have I got 3 false positives or is it possible the FR isn't picking it up??? Driving myself round the bend, here :roll - advice please!!

Attachments

• ptest.JPG
    ptest.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 155
Hi there,

If af due today I'd recommend a digi test as htey are really reliable once af is due. Don't konw about the other tests you have used, but I'd definitely use a digi in your position.

Hoping its a positive!:hugs:

Boaz

Hi hun I used 2 predictor tests last month and got 2 evap lines I'm afraid x although they are pink tests they are notorious for evaps but if your line is noticeably pink then maybe?

Definitely try a digi using fmu, hope this is a shy bean x x

sent from my snazzy HTC

Hi. yes the lines are pink. Just to check that, I asked my 6 year old (Who obviously had no idea what he was looking at lol!) what colour the line was in the big window. He said 'red' - he calls pink 'light red' by the way! I will def go and get a digi tho and try in the morning. It's hard when you want something so much, isn't it ... :(

oh good luck with digi! I really hope its your BFP and I will be stalking tomorrow morning!!!! Don't leave us in suspense, you MUST tell us your "good" news! And think positive....it WILL be good news!

Another vote for a digi here - there is just no room for interpretation!

Best of luck

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Defo try a different test hun. Hope the tests aren't messing you around. x

Yep go for the digi they're the best i got a bfp twice on the digi and 2 negs on asda ones... they digis are the right answer :)

Ok ... well I had a phone conversation with the GP who said, given my medical history etc etc she thought I may be optimistic to expect a strong BFP until after the weekend. She said she thought I should try not to test again until Monday. Now ... this may be impossible :lol: but what I'll do is try to hang out and long as I can bear and then do a digi. If no AF and no positives other than Predictor then she will do a blood test next week. I will keep you posted! Thanks for all your advice and good wishes, I hope I'll have something good to share soon :)

Looks like I won't need to bother after all - have started bleeding :(

My cycles are usually 30 days and this month I got a + OPK on July 9th (CD16). We BD'd (trying to pick up the lingo!) on July 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th to try and catch it.

Since July 15th (CD22) I've had funny little cramps and flutters, pulling and tugging sensations in my tummy, my back hurts, I'm shattered, I'm not sleeping great and I'm having mad dreams. It sounds like these are symptoms for alot of pregnancies so I started to get a bit excited. I get cramps on the first day of my period but never before.

I did a clearblue test (non digital) on July 17th which was negative, although there is a thin faint blue line which I've read could be an evap line. I then did a Predictor on July 18th and there was a faint positive line, although I've since read alot of reviews saying the same thing which then turned out to be negative. I did a First Response on the 18th and one today (the 19th) and they were both negative.

I don't know whether I was calculating my dpo wrong - 1 site said it was the day of your OPK (so July 9th which meant I was testing on 9, 10 & 11dpo), another said it was 2 days after the OPK (July 11th which meant I was testing on 7, 8 and 9dpo). Am I still testing too early or is that it for this month?

if i was u would stear clear of both of those tests i to got a evap a few weeks ago on a predictor nasty nasty tests never use ever again should be banned imo, gd luck hope u get ya bfp x

I have three of these predictor tests left and would only now use them to confirm a positive on frer. Heard about evap lines after I got them cheap. But sorry af came!

Count 1dpo as the day after the first negative ov test after getting a positive. The positive shows the surge, the egg pops usually 24-48 hours later which is when you get a negative so 1dpo is the day after that.

Sorry AF caught you hun, those Predictor tests are awful! X

Tap Tap Tapatalking!

Thanks Missjuly10, that helps. The first response I did this morning developed a second line while I was at work but the one i did last night didn't. Anybody ever heard of this?

If it wasn't in the time limit it might have been an evap hun. X

Tap Tap Tapatalking!

sorry hun :-(

was gonna say i have never got a positive on first response..i dont trust them.x

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back