~•~ August mummies and babies ~•~

Heya ladies!

Just wanted to say hope everyone's ok and babies are all
Ok!!

We are struggling with constipation and mucus but other than that she's doing great!

How much formula/milk are everyone's little ones having out of interest ? Xxx

Matthieu has between 4-6 ounces. He will take 4 and then sometimes want more not long after xx

Jess - Luca has 5oz. He'll have 5oz around 8:30pm then 2oz at 10 then that's him done til 5am.

Luca has his first load of jabs tomorrow. Am I right in thinking he will be really out of sorts after them? Mum said he may be a bit poorly for 48hrs or so. I have the calpol at the ready xx

My lo is 9 weeks tomorrow and has 6 ounce bottles first thing and in the evening. He snacks on the daytime ones though over a couple of hours and doesn't usually finish them. He has a couple of ounces before bed and usually one feed of 2-3 ounces in the night.

Lulu my lo has his first jabs on Friday. They now include the new meningitis jab which is almost guaranteed to give him a high temperature - they advise to give Calpol straight after and then a couple of times at 4 hour intervals. They tell you what dose to give on the day depending on their weight. Dreading it :( xx

Oh god, I'm dreading it too :( So do we bring the calpol with us? xx

I was advised to give Calpol beforehand now with the new meningitis jab but I always gave Riley Calpol beforehand anyway, and a bottle immediately afterwards. This time I will Calpol before and boob during as it helps with the pain. I advise bringing someone with you for moral support, jabs are worse for you than them I think as I always feel so, so guilty. I have cried with every single one of Riley's!

I'm taking Calpol with me and my oh for moral support. I might even do the cowardly thing and let oh hold him while he has his jabs! I think I could cope if it was 1 but watching him break his heart 3 times is going to be awful :( xx

The health visitor told me the nurse will give baby a dose of calpol along with the injection, will do no harm to take it along just incase though x

Afternoon ladies, hope we're all having happy Mondays! I'm just blow drying my fridge freezer :lol:

Afternoon! Made it to my first bump and babies group today! There was that terrifying moment when I walked in and then someone waved me over into a seat! I really enjoyed it, it was nice to speak to other adults during the day!

HV also advised me to give calpol before and after jabs, she said the doctors would be giving out sachets of capo but she wasn't sure as its all new! Browneyed girl - I will totally be making oh hold Austin, I did when he had the heel prick test!

So, Luca had his jabs today. He was fine. Had 3 jabs (including new meningitis jab) and he cried each time, but only for a minute. I was really calm so hopefully that added to him being quite calm. Gave him calpol afterwards and all he's done is sleep, god love him. The only concern the GP had was, he only turns his head to the right and if we turn it to the left he resists and just turns back to the right. GP said he's only ever seen this in forcep delivered babies, so he thinks he's either hurt his neck on the way out or it's how he was laying in my tummy and the muscles have just got very tight. We have some exercises to do and he wants to see us again in 4 weeks. If things haven't improved he's referring us for physio xx

Matthieu has his 6 week check tommorow...anyone know whats involved and what they check for?xx

Glad the jabs weren't too upsetting for Luca! Fingers crossed the exercises work!

Natalie, my understanding is that the six week check is the same as the check they do in the hospital after birth. So, hips, eyes and heartbeat.

It's everything, head, fontanelle, shoulders, back, hips and knees. Privates, bellybutton, eyes, ears and mouth. That's what my previous GP did with Riley.

My 6 week check was nothing to do with Luca, just me. Had an internal to check my pelvic floor and just discussed how I'm feeling and asked if I'd had a period.

Forgot to say, Luca now weighs 11lb6oz. Was 10lb2oz 3 weeks ago xx

I thought the 6 weeks check was all about baby I have my period just now so doubt they would do anything while im on my period would they?xx

Natalie round here the 6 week check was all about baby, I was asked a few questions but nothing much ....

They stripped her down and checked everywhere , then tested her head strength things like that , and it was an opportunity to ask questions too. X hope all goes well

Hope everyone else is doing fab! Been so busy haven't been on in ages!!!!

Lulu hope your little man improves his head strength with exercise.... Funnily enough my health visitor explained it to me today as our little girl always looks one way so her muscles are tight on one side , she told us to do tummy time and position her In chair so she has to look the other way etc ....

Id never heard of it before xxx

I don't have a 6 week check, hopefully they have for gotten me. Just jabs on the 6th October xx

Hello ladies, round here you book a six week check for mum yourself and they book an 8 week check and donit just before first jab appoints to check they are well and ive been told to but calpol and bring to give when with the nurse due to bew men b jab.

Had my 6 week chk yesterday and she didn 't even look at my scar !
I had swollen hands, knuckles, part of an arm, hips and both knees etc last week, we think due to a cough ( left from a head cold) and my scar swelled up badley and so due excess fluid was due to that ! Its gone done now so phew!

Sugar- hope Harleys iron levels improve soon , he must get so tired, which wont help his feeding x

Hv forgot to come yesterday for 6 week review so waited in for nothing and rebooked for thursday, dying to know what he weighs, he's totally filling out now and feels much heavier.

I'm still sleeping on the sofa downstairs ( due to noise for everyone else) and really want to sleep in a normal bed tbh!

Your babies all sound like they are sleeping so well! Griffin is def much better at nights than Roman was so phew!

Jess and Lulu, hope they can sort the tight necks soon, watch out for flat head on the other side of head to the way they look, we had this with Devon and took ages to go once it was there ( about 8 weeks). We caused ours as had bed against one wall and one lamp as a night light on one side of room and he perm looked at the light, we didn't nottice !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back