~•~ August mummies and babies ~•~

Natalie if it makes you feel any better, the nasal drops we were prescribed for Luca are for children 6+. On the box it says 'use no longer than 10 days' but for Luca we were advised to just use for 3. Double check if you are worried hun.

JJ I know all too well about storing gifts in the wardrobe haha. As he gets older I'll need to be a bit more adventurous with the hiding places. Me and my brother used to sneak into the wardrobe and look at all our presents before Christmas haha. My mum hid them in the boot of the car after that!! I can't bloody wait for Christmas.

I'm buying Luca's toys off amazon, so much cheaper xx

Hey girls! Happy Saturday!
I hope everyone's well!
Kumber, sorry to hear about the PND but well done you for being honest and it sounds like they are going to really help which is fab! I'm going to make a real effort to be on the forum more often so please pm me at anytime!! Just take each day at a time and try not to be disappointed, easier said than done I know but as you say it's just one of those things! You're a fantastic lady and nothing to be disappointed about. Big hugs!!! :hugs:
Mr Cole is 8 weeks on Monday and he's getting his 1st set of injections on Tues! How have you all found the new men b injection? Hubby and I are due to go to Kevin Bridges on Tues night and I'm just worried that the wee man will be unsettled :???:
Bf is still going well and Cole's putting on great weight. Settling with other people isn't great and even taking a bottle for daddy or even settling for him has been a bit of a nightmare. I went to a wedding party last night with the girls from work and the bottle was a success and daddy and Cole didn't fall out thankfully lol! That's me set for a proper night out now LOL ojoj!! Xx

Tmum - all in all Luca was ok with his jabs. He let out an almighty scream with that new one, but only cried for minute. He was unsettled that whole day and the next day just wanted mummy, would cry going to anyone else. I'd say just see how it goes hun, every baby is different aren't they. After 48 hours he was absolutely fine xx

Last edited:
Thanks Lulu! I can't believe the 2 things are on the same day but hey ho we'll just go with the flow! My MIL will have both boys at our house anyway with it being a school night so I'm hoping familiar surroundings will help. My MIL is great too so fx! How's Luca's nose? Xx

Tmum my lo had his first jabs yesterday including the new meningitis b. He wasn't himself yesterday, he slept quite a bit and seemed in discomfort when he was awake but he would settle on me, he also had a bit of a temperature. They advise to give 3 doses of Calpol on the day which helps. As he didn't have much milk yesterday he was up every 2-3 hours in the night. The nurse said effects can last up to 48 hours but this is very much an unknown at the moment as although the men b vaccine has been given separately for a couple of years it's only this month that its been given together with the other vaccines. The nurse said its this interaction with the other vaccines that causes the high temp etc (she has been giving men b privately for the last 2 years and there are no side effects when given separately). I would just be prepared that he might feel a bit unwell and have the Calpol at the ready xx

Ladies, as we're probably all finding it hard to get on the forum is it worth looking into a Facebook group? Might be easier to catch up or ask questions? I'm hapoy to stay on the forum too, just a thought :)

Last edited:
Tmum - it's much better, thanks for asking. Still a little bit stuffy but not too bad.

I'm up for a Facebook group Kumber xx

Thanks Browneyed Girl! MIL will only have them a few hours, I'm just going to be fretting the whole evening I think!

That's good Lulu! Cole has been snuffly the past 4 weeks but the Calpol spray seems to work. Think I'll mention it to the dr on Tues though.

Yes I'd be up for a fb group :). I can set it up if you want? Make it private and add people to it rather than others able to see what's posted? Xx

Last edited:
I'm on it ladies! If you want to let me know your names and pics I'll get adding you once it's sorted! I'll do it while feeding the wee man lol xx

Hello!! I would like to be added to the FB group as I can't get on here enough :( my name is Megan Lewis, my pic is a professional photo of me holding a naked Noah, in black and white x

Will I just stick to August Mummies and Babies as the name or does someone have something in mind? Xx

August Mummies and Babies sounds good to me!

The group August Mummies and Babies has been created :)
It won't let me add people I'm not friends with for some reason so I've left it that atm people can find it when they search it but I'll change it to secret once we're all on. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back